Oh Heck, Men....

Laurie S.

I love long dresses and have so since I started buying party clothes back in high school more than 40 years ago. All my cruise evening dresses are floorlength. Now, while on our cruise this week, my fiancé tells me he would love to see me in short dresses because he loves my legs. This is the first time he's ever mentioned it. Time to go shopping again. Sigh.....

But I'm still keeping some of my long dresses, especially for formal nights. Now to find some short, sexy casual dresses.

I love long dresses and have so since I started buying party clothes back in high school more than 40 years ago. All my cruise evening dresses are floorlength. Now, while on our cruise this week, my fiancé tells me he would love to see me in short dresses because he loves my legs. This is the first time he's ever mentioned it. Time to go shopping again. Sigh.....

But I'm still keeping some of my long dresses, especially for formal nights. Now to find some short, sexy casual dresses.

Knowing me, I'd say, "Too bad, but thanks for the compliment on my legs." Then again, I love a good excuse to shop.

You could save some shopping time by making a coy comment about saving a good view of your legs for him.

I like that! LOL

I found another short dress in my closet that he loves, so we're doing good. I would never shorten any of my long dresses as it would destroy their look.

• 4 weeks later...

I've done most of my shopping for new dresses, and I scored! Just waiting for the last bunch to be delivered. When they do, I'll post all the pictures, and the one of the dress I wore on the last cruise.

I got a beautiful pink long dress with a high slit for elegant night, two short cotton dresses that bring me back to my hippie days (one in cream, and one in reddish orange), a gorgeous sexy short green dress that he's really going to like, a short black/white print dress, a pink/black leopard print short dress with winglike sleeves, and a sexy lace print short fitted dress. I didn't think I would like that last one when I saw it, but when I put it on, oh yeah!

I also found two beautiful dresses that I bought last year and didn't wear, one is short, one long. The short one is perfect, and the long one is gorgeous but I need the top to fit better, it's a little loose. I could shorten the long one, but the print is so beautiful I don't want to. He'll just have to live with it. LOL

Shopping is fun!

Have him go shopping with you. Not only will he appreciate your legs, he will also appreciate what we go through to find that perfect dress ..

Happy shopping:D

He has, but he lives fulltime in Mexico, so our time together is limited. He helped me pick out three dresses down there over Christmas. :)

Lauire S.

Hope you have an awesome cruise and that you knock the socks off your guy with your new clothes!:D

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!;)