Any updates - Beverage Package?

Working 2 Cruise

I thought I read a post last week where one man said he was able to purchase the package and his wife did not, as she does not drink. It was 500.00 for him alone.

Yes, I read that as well. On Celebrity they don't make both persons purchase the alcohol package either

Just curious if anyone has the latest pricing to do the math. Let's say this was a day for me:

Morning: 1 mimosa

Lunch: Margarita

Afternoon by the pool: 2 Pina Coladas

Pre dinner: Martini

Dinner: 1 Glass of wine

Show: Coffee with Baileys

Dancing: 2 rum and cokes

Let's add 2 cans of soda to the day as well.

Anyone have a guestimate on what this would cost?

Bottom line, If you have cruised before and saved your bill the best thing would be to take a look at your drink expenses, add it up, divide it by the days and do the math. Is it a good deal for some, yes. Good deal for everyone, no.

Wow, when you list it like that, that is ALOT of calories and sugar and doesn't include food!!!. We looked at our past folio's and never come close to that for beverages, however I do buy a coffee card.

Out of curiosity, how much is a special coffee like a cappuccino?

Would depend on the size. I have one every morning but it's only about 1/4 cup of milk which is just over 50 calories. Some of the to go sizes would take quite a bit of milk but you of course could ask for it to be made with skim milk

Would depend on the size. I have one every morning but it's only about 1/4 cup of milk which is just over 50 calories. Some of the to go sizes would take quite a bit of milk but you of course could ask for it to be made with skim milk

LOL... okay and what would the varying prices be? When we did the Med cruise and spent 3 days in Rome and my mom (80) was so cute. She asked for her cappuccino every morning and stated that she couldn't leave the hotel until she had two. She said she didn't care if the guide was there, he could wait until she finished her second one. She also stated she didn't even KNOW she liked them! But that heart in the middle - perfection. When my husband does that at home he does Jumbo size.

Edited by notentirelynormal

I was on the Sapphire last week and was able to purchase the package myself. The other person in my room did not need to purchase it. According to one of the bartenders this was the first week this was an option.

I really like it. I tended to have a few drinks during the day around the pool (Beverly Hills Ice Tea!!!!), a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and then 2-3 drinks in the evening. Don't judge me!!!! : )

Add in a couple of bottles of water a day and maybe a coke or two and it was worth it for me.

Jim

OMG , that is 56 dollars a day with the 15 % , on todays exchange that is equivalent to 40 euros a day , that is more than DOUBLE what Costa charges for a drinks package per day (19.50 euros) , Costa also served all the top end brands for that price and not the european cheap stuff , Princess are trying to rip us off:(

OMG , that is 56 dollars a day with the 15 % , on todays exchange that is equivalent to 40 euros a day , that is more than DOUBLE what Costa charges for a drinks package per day (19.50 euros) , Costa also served all the top end brands for that price and not the european cheap stuff , Princess are trying to rip us off:(

Seems pretty reasonable to the drink prices where I live. If you think you would get your monies worth, then great go for it. If not, just pay per drink. No one is forcing it on us. Just an option for those who wish to get it.

[quote name='sjbj']What wines are included in the package? All those offered by the glass? Is it good in Vines?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Yes .... All wines that are offered by the glass that cost $10 or less.

One of the first questions I ask was if it was good at Vines. Happily, YES! :)

LuLu
~~~~ [/SIZE][/FONT] Edited by OCruisers

[quote name='notentirelynormal']Out of curiosity, how much is a special coffee like a cappuccino?[/quote]

Don't quote me, but I think the sizes are 12oz and 16oz and pricing is $3.95 and $4.95 respectively.

[quote name='sjbj']What wines are included in the package? All those offered by the glass? Is it good in Vines?[/QUOTE]

To answer the wines it's all wines by the glass under $10 (I think all are under $10) if you want a bottle you get 40% off the bottle but if you already paid for the glass it's not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='DonJuan77']To answer the wines it's all wines by the glass under $10 (I think all are under $10) if you want a bottle you get 40% off the bottle but if you already paid for the glass it's not worth it
[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]It's 40% off any bottle of wine costing $100 or less.

LuLu
~~~ [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cruiselover10']for those of you who have just gotten off the Crown, is there a coupon in the book for a free coffee travel cup if you buy the coffee card once on board?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]No there was not on our recent Crown nor was there one on our Emerald last year.

LuLu
~~~~ [/SIZE][/FONT]