BOA Award with RCCL Offers$$$

I am sorry to ask such an old question but I forget all the rules of what can be combined. I have BOA reward and I can't remember what that can be combined with ie: balcony, stock, RCCL offers for free upgrades and OBC. Ty

It can be combined with anything. It's totally separate from the cruise line offers.

I am sorry to ask such an old question but I forget all the rules of what can be combined. I have BOA reward and I can't remember what that can be combined with ie: balcony, stock, RCCL offers for free upgrades and OBC. Ty

Depends on the kind of reward.

If you are redeeming Visa points for OBC, then it can be combined balcony discounts, saving certificates, next cruise OBC. Not sure about shareholder.

If you are redeeming points for a free cruise, then you cannot combine the balcony discount anymore.

You also can not combine BoA points for a free cruise and also use points for a cruise discount. I am not sure about OBC but I know the other 2 are non combinable.

I was told the other day by the Rewards Dept that I can use the balcony discount with the cruise discount. It seems like I get different answers (what a surprise:rolleyes:)

I have to check on that again as that is what I wasplanning on doing with my remaining points.

I recently used the "free cruise for two" certificate and lost my balcony discount. However, I was told by the rep that I could keep the balcony discount if I used only the "free companion cruise" certificate.

I was told that on one phone call as well and then on another told no. It is very frustrating to get different answers. According to the terms below the answer is no.

COMPANION FARES

Companion Fare Rewards are not valid on Christmas Sailings and New Year Sailings. Companion Fare Reward Redemptions may not be combined with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Companion Fare Rewards, Cruise Rewards, Upgrade Rewards or other promotional coupons and/or other Crown and Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. Companion Fares are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. The guest or travel agent may call Royal Caribbean International for details regarding combinability with Price Programs. Companion Fare Rewards are valid only for oceanview, Boardwalk® view or Central Park® view staterooms. Companion Fares are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season".

Depends on the kind of reward.

If you are redeeming Visa points for OBC, then it can be combined balcony discounts, saving certificates, next cruise OBC. Not sure about shareholder.

If you are redeeming points for a free cruise, then you cannot combine the balcony discount anymore.

If you are simply redeeming BofA points for a monetary credit, then it doesn't matter what you paid for the cruise or how it was calculated -- it simply is a monetary deduction from your balance. At least that is how it has always worked for us.

I was told the other day by the Rewards Dept that I can use the balcony discount with the cruise discount. It seems like I get different answers (what a surprise:rolleyes:)

I have to check on that again as that is what I was planning on doing with my remaining points.

What I wa refering to was say:

I use 125,000 Points for a free cruise for 2 minimum ocean view room

I could then not use 50,000 points to take another $500 off the total cost of the cruise after using the "free cruise" points. If I was say in a balcony room that cost more than what was taken off by the "free Cruise", i could not use more BoA points to make it even less of a cost out of pocket.

I was planing on using the 125,000 points to take $2,100 off the cruise then another 50,000 points to knock off $500 more. This would have only left the tax's plus a few bucks out of pocket. I was told by 2 separate reps that they were not combinable. So now I have to use 250,000 points to get $2,500 off the total cruise to make it an almost totally "Free Cruise".

I could then not use 50,000 points to take another $500 off the total cost of the cruise after using the "free cruise" points. If I was say in a balcony room that cost more than what was taken off by the "free Cruise", i could not use more BoA points to make it even less of a cost out of pocket.

I was planing on using the 125,000 points to take $2,100 off the cruise then another 50,000 points to knock off $500 more. This would have only left the tax's plus a few bucks out of pocket. I was told by 2 separate reps that they were not combinable. So now I have to use 250,000 points to get $2,500 off the total cruise to make it an almost totally "Free Cruise".

What if you used the 50K points for OBC? I believe that would be combinable with the 125K points to get $2100 off the cruise. Would you be able to use $500 OBC? Gratuities alone would be $168 for a 7 day cruise. A couple of excursions for 2, and you would use up the $500.

Edited by clarea

Gotcha!! I was thinking you were talking about 2 different reservations

What if you used the 50K points for OBC? I believe that would be combinable with the 125K points to get $2100 off the cruise. Would you be able to use $500 OBC? Gratuities alone would be $168 for a 7 day cruise. A couple of excursions for 2, and you would use up the $500.

We typically get OBC as well. We save up our points to try to get an absolutely as close to free cruise as we can every 5 years. I just forgot to ask about the OBC being combinable when I called to ask about the best way to use the points to get the biggest bang for the buck!