Drink Package Specials / Promotions

Igggy

Does anyone remember if Celebrity offers special pricing / promotions for drink packages during the year (outside of the 123 promotions)? I missed buying before the latest price increase. I'm not sailing till December so no hurry.

they used to offer a 10% discount sale about every 6 months.

that hasn't happened in awhile, now they seem to cycle through 123 go, or pick your perk, or whatever promotion that includes the beverage package in your cruise price.

the advantage to the 10% sale was it applied to ANY cruise, whereas 123 go etc. only apply to SOME cruises and SOME cabins and often come with some price increase.

Does anyone remember if Celebrity offers special pricing / promotions for drink packages during the year (outside of the 123 promotions)? I missed buying before the latest price increase. I'm not sailing till December so no hurry.

Can't you just cancel your present reservation and re-book the same cabin with the free beverage package before the February 28th expiration of the 123 promotion?

we upgraded my brother's cabin from an inside to a oceanview but did it through a TA. They wouldn't give us the 1-2-3 Go package even though we would pay additional since the cabin was $349 and the rate is now $399. Brother got a call from Celebrity after the back and forth between the TA and celebrity. Told him they wouldn't give him the 1-2-3 Go. So we will go have a good time and I won't book on Celebrity again.

we upgraded my brother's cabin from an inside to a oceanview but did it through a TA. They wouldn't give us the 1-2-3 Go package even though we would pay additional since the cabin was $349 and the rate is now $399. Brother got a call from Celebrity after the back and forth between the TA and celebrity. Told him they wouldn't give him the 1-2-3 Go. So we will go have a good time and I won't book on Celebrity again.

You're not going to get a free package that is worth 250.00 if you're only paying 400.00 for your cabin. The 1-2-3 promo was only good on certain rates and of course you needed to be in an OV or higher cabin. It's all based on supply and demand. An inside on your sailing is now reduced to 229.00.

Instead of giving you advice on how you should book your cruise I'll just offer this in answer to your question.

I booked June 2013 and sailed January 2014. I sailed inside cabin and canceling and rebooking would have been punitive. I watched diligently for a Beverage Package Sale and found none. Never happened.

I ended up purchasing a Bev Package for my wife and myself and we "made them pay." :D

in January 2014 I booked 123 on Summit out of San Juan in January 2015. We will upgrade to premium. We will make them pay again! :D

Happy sailing!

You're not going to get a free package that is worth 250.00 if you're only paying 400.00 for your cabin. The 1-2-3 promo was only good on certain rates and of course you needed to be in an OV or higher cabin. It's all based on supply and demand. An inside on your sailing is now reduced to 229.00.

The drink package costs 44.00 per day.. Do you suppose the OP thinks he's entitled to a free cruise as well??? Go figure!

Are you sure that he it was the same category and price as you?

The package is almost never available with any special pricing.

The exact cabin number. The exact price I originally paid. Both reservations show up when I log into the Celebrity site - one shows as cancelled.

I don't believe the original price was "special", but it did include some OBC from celebrity and an additional OBC from the TA. When 123 was announced again, I had the TA cancel and rebook - Beverage Package instead of OBC and prepaid gratuities from the TA instead of the originally offered OBC. I've since watched the price for the cabin class (Aqua) increase. I came out SIGNIFICANTLY ahead.

When I first inquired the answer was "no". I've learned long ago to never accept the first answer.

What cruise is offering prices like this? Please share!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

The exact cabin number. The exact price I originally paid. Both reservations show up when I log into the Celebrity site - one shows as cancelled.

I don't believe the original price was "special", but it did include some OBC from celebrity and an additional OBC from the TA. When 123 was announced again, I had the TA cancel and rebook - Beverage Package instead of OBC and prepaid gratuities from the TA instead of the originally offered OBC. I've since watched the price for the cabin class (Aqua) increase. I came out SIGNIFICANTLY ahead.

When I first inquired the answer was "no". I've learned long ago to never accept the first answer.

Your experience (except for the wrong initial response from the details) is what I would expect. The initial Celebrity OBC would be a good example of "special pricing" unless it was associated with the new passages.

As you say if he is willing to pay the current higher standard price for his cabin and give up any associated Celebrity OBC then it does not seem right to me that he could not change his booking and get the 123 Promo. He can go to the Celebrity website, do a dummy booking, and see the price. Of course depending on the TA he might have to pay a fee. I wonder if there is not some confusion concerning the "facts" since it does get complicated. Too bad it is after final payment or he could just cancel.

Enjoy your cruise because it sounds like you got a get deal/value.