Canadians...how do you book?

It will be our 2nd cruise with RCCL and both time we booked through their site. Always received great service! :D

Just did the same with MSC and their website is not as easy to navigate so did my reservation with them over the phone. MSC customer service is great but it takes forever to get a hold of them!!!

Looking forward to both cruises!!! :D:D:D

I book through the travel company associated with my TD credit card for all the extra travel $$$ and they offer various other OBC and other perks.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

I usually book with whichever American TA offers the lowest net price on the competition/bidding site. I used to see base rates all over the place, now I usually see the exact same rate quoted on every bid (to the penny), but with OBCs all over the place; the top OBC then decides it.

That said, I spent a lot of time on Royal's site for my last cruise, comparing prices regularly, and was surprised to see the CAD $ fare almost par with the USD $ fare. This was long after our dollar had started sliding from par months earlier, so it was totally advantageous to us. Had the TA's $400 combined OBC on our two cabins not tipped the scales, I would rather have booked through RCCL directly for the exchange rate alone, never mind keeping full control of our reservations.

Edited by cityguy300

We use a national cruise TA and pay in Canadian. We have a great agent and can call her at her house on the days she isn't at the office. Part of that TA's "promotion" is the ability to contact their agents at their home offices.

We are also able to cash in Aeroplan points in for cash valued certificates that we can use at the same TA. That TA also awards Aeroplan points as well for purchases, a good way to double dip. This cruise we saved around $3,500 which was about 400,000 points, and is about how many miles I make and earn a year. Our agent really doesn't give freebies or on board credit but gives us great service. The Aeroplan points for us is the "gravy".

We just booked the Oasis for May directly through RCI...great rate (in CDN funds), $150 onboard credit and the ability to make changes myself without having to go through a travel agent. Our previous 4 cruises were all booked through an agent, but I realized I didn't get much more than I could get just going through RCI directly. Their CSR was great, and had us booked in no time!