Travel irons and how any have managed to get them onboard

Please, do not take an iron on board a ship. They are a fire hazard and jeopardize the safety of passengers and crew. If you pack correctly you will not need to iron. They also offer pressing service which is half of the full laundry price.

Irons are listed in prohibited items. Do not break this policy.

Has anybody been able to get a travel iron on board. If so how did the pack it

Cheers

Greg:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sorry but why in the world would you choose to bring an item onboard that is clearly not allowed? It is banned because it is a FIRE HAZARD!!!

Please, do not take an iron on board a ship. They are a fire hazard and jeopardize the safety of passengers and crew. If you pack correctly you will not need to iron. They also offer pressing service which is half of the full laundry price.

Irons are listed in prohibited items. Do not break this policy.

I agree!

I'm just needing to take one for the second stage of the holiday

I know the issue with fire etc and respect

Don't even care if they take it as long as I get it back end of cruise so can use it for the rest of my trip

Thanks

Don't even care if they take it as long as I get it back end of cruise so can use it for the rest of my trip

Thanks

Buy one after the cruise!

Thanks

If that's the issue- then just turn it in as you board. You will sign it in, and when you get off the ship, you can pick it back up. They should find it when you pass through the metal detector- so bring it with your carry on luggage.

The other "option" is a wrinkle out spray that has been suggested here. Not sure if that will work for you, but it's a suggestion.

Last month on the Enchantment I had to visit the Naughty Room for the first time and there was a table full of irons. And this was a 3 day cruise!

Crazy that people think this is aloud on a cruise ship. Can I say FIRE :mad::mad:

I know they are not allowed and don't intend on using it till post cruise, but if they tAke it and don't return it I lose an iron and then don't have one for when I want it ( post cruise)

Thanks for the laundry price list but I know the prices and I use the laundry facilities on the ship, this was not my issue

Rules are there for very good reasons and I always stick by them

Cheers

Greg

Puleeze....it's no more a "fire hazard" than a curling iron, flat iron, hair dryer or electic curlers! In fact, it used to be totally allowed....and they did ask you to unplug your iron when not in use. So, do that!

You can bring almost anything if it's all mixed up with shoes, hangers, hair dryer and stuff like that.

Many many years ago we knew no better and would take it with us on all our cruises and nothing was ever said...Then a few years later that iron caused my DH (he was the brave one) to take an unexpected excursion...but he actually found the "Naughty Room" to be very interesting at the time....With a claim check we were able to have it returned once back into our home port...Lesson learned...no more ship offered excursions for either of us.;)

Relax you will be fine, and so will your iron. Just to save time, put it in your carry on. Instead of waiting for it to be discovered on xray, just tell them that you have it. They will give you a receipt when they confiscate it. At the end of your cruise, just before you leave the cruise building, they will have a table or 2 of confiscated items waiting to be claimed. When we got off our cruise earlier this month I was astounded at the number of irons there.

I am not wanting to break any rules and understand your viewpoint, merely needing to still have it when I get off rather than want to use it

Thanks

Not my business where you are going "post cruise", but if it includes a hotel stay, most have irons and ironing boards available for use.

Relax you will be fine, and so will your iron. Just to save time, put it in your carry on. Instead of waiting for it to be discovered on xray, just tell them that you have it. They will give you a receipt when they confiscate it. At the end of your cruise, just before you leave the cruise building, they will have a table or 2 of confiscated items waiting to be claimed. When we got off our cruise earlier this month I was astounded at the number of irons there.

Thanks very much

This was the info I was after

Much appreciated

Regards

Greg:)

Puleeze....it's no more a "fire hazard" than a curling iron, flat iron, hair dryer or electic curlers! In fact, it used to be totally allowed....and they did ask you to unplug your iron when not in use. So, do that!

You can bring almost anything if it's all mixed up with shoes, hangers, hair dryer and stuff like that.

Have you asked the question at a Captain's talk? I have. It's a fire hazard.

Edited by NorbertsNiece