How much soda/juice/water can you carry aboard?

JB101FL

I have never had a problem carrying these on. I am going on the NA on Saturday and plan on bringing a case of soda and an 8 pack of water. A diet coke is my "coffee" in the morning and I don't like hunting around for some place that is open that early.

We prefer water and juice (and some soda) and wondered if, with the new restrictions on wine, HAL was also going to limit the amount of soda, juice or water you could bring aboard.

We sail on March 8, 2014. Thanks!

Currently, there is no restriction as to how much non-alcoholic beverages you can carry onboard.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest putting liquids in your carry on, since I had to go to the "Naughty Room" on Ryndam because I had 3 cans of Diet Coke in one piece of luggage. They called me down to open the suitcase and when they saw that the liquid was only soda, it was promptly delivered to my cabin. While waiting I saw a very unhappy gentleman who had two big bottles of whiskey confiscated (to be returned at the end of the cruise) and another with wine who grumbled about the $18 corkage fee per bottle they would charge if he wanted to keep it.

My plan was to carry on a 12-pk of diet Mt. Dew - maybe tape it securely with packing tape and attaching a luggage tag - will that work? I've had too many of the darn things rip open on me with just me handling it!!

I'll just point out that the handling of checked luggage is much less gentle than how you would handle it. So, you're OK with the box/cans breaking open all over the crew and/or other luggage during this process?

I'll just point out that the handling of checked luggage is much less gentle than how you would handle it. So, you're OK with the box/cans breaking open all over the crew and/or other luggage during this process?

ummmmm no....I was thinking that reinforcing might work. I better rethink this!! I can pack something in my checked luggage to put the soda's in more securely - trying to figure out how to prevent carrying them. In the big suitcase or in a smaller zippered gym bag type container?

These are the things that will keep me up at night :o

My plan was to carry on a 12-pk of diet Mt. Dew - maybe tape it securely with packing tape and attaching a luggage tag - will that work? I've had too many of the darn things rip open on me with just me handling it!!

I will be bringing my two-week diet Mt Dew ration (two-12 oz plastic bottles per day or 28 bottles) split up between two suitcases and two roll-on bags. Plastic bottles have proven to be leak proof for all of my cruises.

The 50-pound weight limit for flying does not count for cruising so adding two six-packs to each checked bag is not a problem. Keeping them in their original packaging will keep you from the "naughty room."

Note that going to Alaska, more diet Mt Dew can be purchased in every Alaska port at a few cents more per bottle than at a Seattle 7-Eleven.

Absolutely no reason to bring on more than one refillable bottle of water per person. The water on board is as pure, if not more pure, than bottled water, tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't come with a plastic waste problem.

Just sayin': Some cruise lines think there is a reason and post a sign similar to this on the water dispensers:

"Per US health regulation..., refilling water bottle is strictly prohibited."

I do think it is probably a good idea to wash it out with soap and water after reusing it a few times.

On the other hand, I was on a Paul Gauguin cruise and they passed out reusable water bottles (with a built in filter) for just that purpose. They looked something like this:

water-bobble.jpg

Just sayin': Some cruise lines think there is a reason and post a sign similar to this on the water dispensers:

"Per US health regulation..., refilling water bottle is strictly prohibited."

Which only means you can't refill your water bottle directly from the spigot. It does not mean you can't refill it at all.

You are free to get glasses of water from the spigot, then pour those in the bottle. That way you won't accidentally contaminate the spigot with your bottle.