Choice air outsourced!

Merriem

When ever I try to see what is available on choice air, I get no results. So I just called, and ended up in an outsourced call center. The guy was rude, and I hate getting sent to a 3 rd world country,

The outsourcing happened some time ago. I believe they still have a presence in Miami, so it may depend upon the time of day that you call. I wish they didnt do it, but they can save big $$$ by outsourcing. The worst part, is that it often hurts the consumer's experience, and that battle generally loses out, over saving $$$.

When ever I try to see what is available on choice air, I get no results. So I just called, and ended up in an outsourced call center. The guy was rude, and I hate getting sent to a 3 rd world country,

If you're in the U.S., you (and I) already kind of are.

So upsetting. I just had a battle royale with verizon on this same thing. I intend to keep calling until I get someone in the US, if that is possible.

The worst thing is that you cannot understand them.

Guess none of you have had computer problems? Unless you pay for their "upgraded" support you are mostly likely not dealing with someone in NA.

As far as Choice Airs call centre being outsourced, like anything a lot will depend on the competency of the person you are dealing with. I've had bad service from companies who have a call centre just down the road from me and have had excellent service from call centres all over the world, sometimes it's the luck of the draw. I'll lay more blame on the whole call centre mentality (take the call, and deal with it quickly, next) and companies (and consumers) desire to save a dime.

All that said I have had the good fortune to speak with someone from Choice Air based out of the US. I find it helps if you call between 11:00-5:00 EST which increases the odds that any centre in the US is open.

I also find it helps if you know what you want. When contacting Choice Air about flights I always look up my other available options on the ITA Matrix site as well as a few airlines, that way I know what to ask for, what price I can expect as well as what connections/layovers are most common.

Hi Merriem,

Can you please send us an email at concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com so we can look into this issue? We'll also need you reservation number. Thanks, and apologies for any trouble you are currently having with Choice Air.

MIAMI is a 3rd world country. Last time I did Choice it took 1 hour; lady hardly spoke English. Looked up booking 3 days later on X; she never processed flites. Called, got someone with smarts. She booked it in 2 minutes. Always check.