Intercontinental VS Hampton Inn Brickell

LynnTH

I think I have it narrowed down to one of these for our 1 night stay before our cruise. Two families with kids 15, 13, 13, 10. We arrive at FLL about Noon and want a hotel close to port and stuff to do.

Looks like we can get Intercontinental on LMT for $144 and Hampton Inn we can get for about $160. This is for May 31st.

Any suggestions one way or the other??

IC is a nicer & more luxurious hotel with some rooms offering a view of POM. It is walking distance to Bayside Market and other dining options.

Hampton Inn is nice with more local dining and shopping options within walking distance as well as free breakfast and internet, etc. that you will not get for free at the IC.

Your call!

I'd pick IC. You'll be 1/2 block from Bay Side and there you can catch some tours (water and hop on hop off bus) and maybe the kids would like the really fast boat ride....forget what they call it. You'll be right up close to the port and see the ships lined up.

Both are good choices for a one night stay.

Edited by eandj

As others have said, both choices are great. I've stayed at both and live near both.

IC is right on the water, next to Bayfront Park and very close to Bayside. It's closer to the port by about 2 miles. I'm not a fan of eating at Bayside as it's all chain restaurants and since they know they cater to the tourist, they don't worry about the quality as much

Hampton Inn will get you a great free breakfast as well as a coupon for a welcome drink. This is walkable to so many different restaurants and Mary Brickell Village. You also have 2 Publix grocery stores within walking distance. Here you have many local restaurants as well as a few chains, like PF Changs.

If you do have a car at all, the parking will be cheaper over at the Hampton Inn.

You can't go wrong with either hotel, they are both great.

I googled Mary Brickell Village and now I am very happy we booked at the Hampton. We had a look at the IC last November when we were in Miami and I swore that was where I wanted to stay for my next cruise. But we got good rates for the Hampton and I am content. In other words, I was out-voted by my group lol. One day I will stay at the IC.

I googled Mary Brickell Village and now I am very happy we booked at the Hampton. We had a look at the IC last November when we were in Miami and I swore that was where I wanted to stay for my next cruise. But we got good rates for the Hampton and I am content. In other words, I was out-voted by my group lol. One day I will stay at the IC.

This is where I am having a tough time. I can actually get IC for about $20 cheaper and I like that is on the bay and you can see the ships. But, the Hampton is nice for the breakfast.

This is where I am having a tough time. I can actually get IC for about $20 cheaper and I like that is on the bay and you can see the ships. But, the Hampton is nice for the breakfast.

The free breakfast would not be a game changer for me. At the time that we were checking prices, the Hampton was a better deal. If you can get the IC for less then the Hampton, then I would go for the IC.

Well we decided on Intercontinental. I liked the location right on the water with the Marina. Nice to hang out and relax yet still places to go for shopping/dining.

I called LMT and they lowered the price a bit more. So, got it for $134 for the night. Can't wait!!

Well we decided on Intercontinental. I liked the location right on the water with the Marina. Nice to hang out and relax yet still places to go for shopping/dining.

I called LMT and they lowered the price a bit more. So, got it for $134 for the night. Can't wait!!

I am going 2 weeks before and went with the online amount. I should have called, but I was very happy with the rate. I did send them an email asking for a confirmation of my reservation. They replied back with a confirmation number that works with their system.