Suite guarantee "W" on M-Class...Should I book it?

Starry Eyes

I imagine this has been answered before, but the search function is currently disabled. So, I hope people will share the info again.

We are trying to decide which category to book on an upcoming Millenium sailing. A "W" suite guarantee will be offered on the next Tuesday sale and that is the only suite option within budget. How big of gamble would we be taking? Are there any "bad" suite cabins on this ship? I'd hate to spring for extra dough for a suite and get assigned a really bad one.

FWIW, we are reasonably flexible cruisers with no mobility issues.

Personally, I would go ahead and book the guarantee.

We did the suite guarantee on Millie in Oct. 2012 and got accessible Sky Suite 9121. It is the first suite off the elevator/stairway vestibule, underneath the overhang from the pool deck, and also underneath the ping pong table and a crew access door.

There was occasional noise from the crew door in the morning and once in a while the ping pong table was annoying (mainly if someone was bouncing the ball off the deck instead of off the table). But there was really much LESS noise and much less annoyance than I would have expected. And there were lots of people playing ping pong. Also, the bathroom is accessible with a roll in shower and there is a ramp at the doorway to the balcony.

Frankly, I think you have a good chance of getting this cabin on a guarantee because who in their right mind would pick a cabin by choice that is under the ping pong table and the overhang, and accessible if you don't need it?

On the plus side, it was super convenient both to the pool deck and the buffet. We'd have no problem staying in this room again and we are used to a very quiet environment at home. But if I was choosing from a group of cabins all at the same price, this wouldn't be the one I'd pick.

I talk about it in a little more detail with photos on my blog.

http://rlshome.com/blog/?p=3292

Who knows, you may get lucky and get a better room.

Personally, I would go ahead and book the guarantee.

We did the suite guarantee on Millie in Oct. 2012 and got accessible Sky Suite 9121. It is the first suite off the elevator/stairway vestibule, underneath the overhang from the pool deck, and also underneath the ping pong table and a crew access door.

There was occasional noise from the crew door in the morning and once in a while the ping pong table was annoying (mainly if someone was bouncing the ball off the deck instead of off the table). But there was really much LESS noise and much less annoyance than I would have expected. And there were lots of people playing ping pong. Also, the bathroom is accessible with a roll in shower and there is a ramp at the doorway to the balcony.

Frankly, I think you have a good chance of getting this cabin on a guarantee because who in their right mind would pick a cabin by choice that is under the ping pong table and the overhang, and accessible if you don't need it?

On the plus side, it was super convenient both to the pool deck and the buffet. We'd have no problem staying in this room again and we are used to a very quiet environment at home. But if I was choosing from a group of cabins all at the same price, this wouldn't be the one I'd pick.

I talk about it in a little more detail with photos on my blog.

http://rlshome.com/blog/?p=3292

Who knows, you may get lucky and get a better room.

The only suite rooms on M Class ships that will have activities over your head are located on deck nine. From reading prior threads these rooms will be in the Guarantee pool too. On the S Class ships most of the Sky Suites are located on Deck 12 under the buffet and kitchen. There is an offer for a Guarantee Suite on our cruise also. After reading the reviews of carts rolling over your head starting at 3:00 am. we didn't want to chance it. I guess if you are not noise sensitive go for it.

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. TobyKnits, your blog link was especially helpful.

Among the available S2’s are three accessible cabins, including 9121. There are also regular S2’s and S1 and a few high end suites (I do not expect to be assigned one of those, but maybe miracles happen).

I'd rather have a regular cabin, but we'd be OK with an accessible cabin. The info about the ping pong table and crew door are helpful. We are not especially noise sensitive, especially during the day, so I think we could cope with the noises TobyKnits describes.

Right now, I am leaning toward taking the W gamble, but to do that I need to wait for the Tuesday sale to begin. So I still have more time to think it over if anybody has any more thoughts to share.

Update:

We took the gamble! We booked the "W" suite gty yesterday (Tuesday) when the sale kicked-in. The waiting game has begun. Thanks to the info from the helpful posters here, I am reasonably confident we can be happy in any suite Celebrity selects for us, so anticipating the assignment is more fun than stressful.

Thanks again for the info and advice.

Just noticed this thread - good luck on your suite. You may be lucky like we were with our suite guarantee on Infinity last Oct, and get allocated a Celebrity Suite - boy we were impressed :D

Lou

Oh, thanks for sharing your story. What a fabulous upgrade.

For our May 10th Millennium sailing, I can see 5 S2, 1 S1, 3 CS, and 5 RS. So an upgrade seems possible. I fully expect to be assigned a sky suite, and I am prepared to sail in the least desirable one. Still, until the assignment comes, a girl can dream.

I imagine this has been answered before, but the search function is currently disabled. So, I hope people will share the info again.

We are trying to decide which category to book on an upcoming Millenium sailing. A "W" suite guarantee will be offered on the next Tuesday sale and that is the only suite option within budget. How big of gamble would we be taking? Are there any "bad" suite cabins on this ship? I'd hate to spring for extra dough for a suite and get assigned a really bad one.

FWIW, we are reasonably flexible cruisers with no mobility issues.

We have taken suite guarantees multiple times, in fact we are booked on a cruise in two weeks and if the W rate goes down enough will take again. My experience is as follows. The first time we did a guarantee, we got an S2, handicapped suite. While it was very large, it lacked some of the amenities of a regular sky suite. The cabin had no bathtub, but instead a large roll-in shower. The closet instead of being very large, was smaller and was designed to accomodate a person in a wheel chairs needs. The doorways were also larger and had no saddles. The balcony was also a good size. We enjoyed our stay and had a great butler.

Our second guarantee, we first were given another handicapped suite, however this time I knew if another suite in the same category was available they could switch you- they did so we had a regular S2 which was really nice. You have to be fast and make that call immediately before all of the cabins are assigned.

This time, I see many suites are availabe, including handicapped suites- however it was really nice to have the extra space and amenities that come with a suite.

Take the plunge if the price is right!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Oh, thanks for sharing your story. What a fabulous upgrade.

For our May 10th Millennium sailing, I can see 5 S2, 1 S1, 3 CS, and 5 RS. So an upgrade seems possible. I fully expect to be assigned a sky suite, and I am prepared to sail in the least desirable one. Still, until the assignment comes, a girl can dream.

Keep checking your "My Celebrity" to see if they have assigned you a stateroom. We booked a GTY twice and never got a call from our TA or Celebrity when assigned. Found out as we kept checking My Celebrity.

Keep checking your "My Celebrity" to see if they have assigned you a stateroom. We booked a GTY twice and never got a call from our TA or Celebrity when assigned. Found out as we kept checking My Celebrity.

Oh, worry not, I'll be checking. Though this is our first "W" on Celebrity, we have had plenty of gty bookings in the past. If my behavior during past gty waits is any indication, the checking may become borderline obsessive compulsive;). Maybe it already is...though we only booked about 36 hours ago, I have already checked about 4 times. DH has probably also checked. Although I handle most of the cruise arrangements, he seems to enjoy being first to see our assignment...a bit of friendly spousal competition:D.

We have taken suite guarantees multiple times, in fact we are booked on a cruise in two weeks and if the W rate goes down enough will take again. My experience is as follows. The first time we did a guarantee, we got an S2, handicapped suite. While it was very large, it lacked some of the amenities of a regular sky suite. The cabin had no bathtub, but instead a large roll-in shower. The closet instead of being very large, was smaller and was designed to accomodate a person in a wheel chairs needs. The doorways were also larger and had no saddles. The balcony was also a good size. We enjoyed our stay and had a great butler.

Our second guarantee, we first were given another handicapped suite, however this time I knew if another suite in the same category was available they could switch you- they did so we had a regular S2 which was really nice. You have to be fast and make that call immediately before all of the cabins are assigned.

This time, I see many suites are availabe, including handicapped suites- however it was really nice to have the extra space and amenities that come with a suite.

Take the plunge if the price is right!

I have a question for those you have had the experience of sailing (or touring) as an able bodied person in an accessible S2 and also in a regular S2.

I gather the accessible S2 would have more open floor space, but a less elegant bathroom. We generally shower rather than bathe on vacation, so the tub is not a major issue for us. We pack rather lightly, so the lack of walk in closet is not likely a big deal for us either.

I am sure we can manage either way, but, on the balance, if I am assigned an accessible S2, would people recommend I change to the regular S2 if one is available?

I have a question for those you have had the experience of sailing (or touring) as an able bodied person in an accessible S2 and also in a regular S2.

I gather the accessible S2 would have more open floor space, but a less elegant bathroom. We generally shower rather than bathe on vacation, so the tub is not a major issue for us. We pack rather lightly, so the lack of walk in closet is not likely a big deal for us either.

I am sure we can manage either way, but, on the balance, if I am assigned an accessible S2, would people recommend I change to the regular S2 if one is available?

We prefer to change to a regular S2 if available. Two reasons: First, if a handicapped person is in need of the cabin, it is open for them and you don't have to be moved. Second, I just feel more comfortable in the room as the bathroom, drawers and closet space are geared to a non-handicapped person. However, either way no big deal as both are great and very comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, worry not, I'll be checking. Though this is our first "W" on Celebrity, we have had plenty of gty bookings in the past. If my behavior during past gty waits is any indication, the checking may become borderline obsessive compulsive;). Maybe it already is...though we only booked about 36 hours ago, I have already checked about 4 times. DH has probably also checked. Although I handle most of the cruise arrangements, he seems to enjoy being first to see our assignment...a bit of friendly spousal competition:D.

Do you have a suite assigned yet?? If so, how long did you have to wait until Celebrity assigned you your suite.

Which suite did you get??

Do you have a suite assigned yet?? If so, how long did you have to wait until Celebrity assigned you your suite.

Which suite did you get??

i just upgrade for a cruise in abt 12 days. Took an s1 and saved abt $1000. However I was advised since I originally booked CC class I would only get Cc points. i do not think that is fair. I paid more and onboard will get suite perks, shouldn't I get suite points from the captains club?

While I am sure the cabin is great, this policy isn't

i just upgrade for a cruise in abt 12 days. Took an s1 and saved abt $1000. However I was advised since I originally booked CC class I would only get Cc points. i do not think that is fair. I paid more and onboard will get suite perks, shouldn't I get suite points from the captains club?

While I am sure the cabin is great, this policy isn't

This is the first time I hear about this policy.

When we have upgraded to suites or category "W" previously we always got the points/credits for the new upgraded category. (i.e suite points)

I read the terms and conditions for Captains Club and all I could find was this:

Points are earned based on stateroom category purchased and length of cruise including

Maybe someone else knows more about this....?

We prefer to change to a regular S2 if available. Two reasons: First, if a handicapped person is in need of the cabin, it is open for them and you don't have to be moved. Second, I just feel more comfortable in the room as the bathroom, drawers and closet space are geared to a non-handicapped person. However, either way no big deal as both are great and very comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise!

If Celebrity assigns you an accessible cabin for a W booking it is going to be at the last minute so you don't need to feel guilty about it. This happened to us about 2 weeks before sailing. At that time they are closing the ship.

My opinion is if you book W you need to be willing to take any cabin. I always feel fine with W as any suite to me is better than any balcony. I have understood from others here that if there were another S2 available you could switch to it, but I suspect if they are assigning accessible rooms that won't be the case.

This is the first time I hear about this policy.

When we have upgraded to suites or category "W" previously we always got the points/credits for the new upgraded category. (i.e suite points)

I read the terms and conditions for Captains Club and all I could find was this:

Points are earned based on stateroom category purchased and length of cruise including

Maybe someone else knows more about this....?

Did you get the statement above regarding points from Celebrity's website? I would like to send it to Sr. Management at Celebrity. My rejection came from the Captains club alleged supervisor.

Thanks,

Did you get the statement above regarding points from Celebrity's website? I would like to send it to Sr. Management at Celebrity. My rejection came from the Captains club alleged supervisor.

Thanks,

Yes, from the Captains Club terms & Conditions at the Celebrity website.

You will find them at "Captains Club" - scroll down to "benefits" - you will find the terms & conditions in a link all the way down on the page below "Zenith" on the right side.

If Celebrity assigns you an accessible cabin for a W booking it is going to be at the last minute so you don't need to feel guilty about it. This happened to us about 2 weeks before sailing. At that time they are closing the ship.

My opinion is if you book W you need to be willing to take any cabin. I always feel fine with W as any suite to me is better than any balcony. I have understood from others here that if there were another S2 available you could switch to it, but I suspect if they are assigning accessible rooms that won't be the case.

Well, we booked the "W" today and got allocated a suite already.

The Penthouse suite!! Ohh, I am very very happy:):) hopefully Celebrity will not move us....:)

Yes, from the Captains Club terms & Conditions at the Celebrity website.

You will find them at "Captains Club" - scroll down to "benefits" - you will find the terms & conditions in a link all the way down on the page below "Zenith" on the right side.

"The Captain's Club program terms are subject to change without prior notice." This is what the site also states- I will ask my TA to help me fight this- but it appears Celebrity can do what they please.

I truly like Celebrity and probably will continue to sail on the cruise line- but this incident has soured me a little.

If anybody has any other suggestions, please advise.

Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

The Penthouse suite!! Ohh, I am very very happy:):) hopefully Celebrity will not move us....:)

For reals?!? Wow! Good job! :D (Now go buy a few lotto tix with that good luck you've got going ;) )

Is this for the Baltic cruise in your sig? This cruise is on our bucket list. It would be really sweet to have the awesome PH balcony for such a scenic cruise. Take some pictures for us!

What wonderful news!!! You are truly lucky! I am curious to know if they allocate points to you for a Penthouse suite. However who cares as it is a penthouse!

ENJOY