Suite guarantee "W" on M-Class...Should I book it?

Starry Eyes

Our cruise is far out so there aren't any guarantees or specials yet. How do we follow and find out if these things become available.

About two months before the cruise, check the celebrity website a few times a week. Since the Celebrity site doesn't list all suites available, what I also do is check any on-linecruise travel company and follow the prompts to book all types of suites. This gives me an idea how many and what type suites are available. They "usually" book S2, S1 then the others.

Also try putting in Handicapped as you can determine if many handicapped suites are still available and get a good idea how many are left. Typically they book non-handicapped guests in handicapped suites if many are left.

For reals?!? Wow! Good job! :D (Now go buy a few lotto tix with that good luck you've got going ;) )

Is this for the Baltic cruise in your sig? This cruise is on our bucket list. It would be really sweet to have the awesome PH balcony for such a scenic cruise. Take some pictures for us!

yeah :D for real:D

It is for the Baltic cruise on the Constellation. I am very much looking forward to the cruise and suite. Who am I kidding; I am ecstatic...!!

Fingers crossed X does not relocate us..

Oh, it is actually the Royal Suite on Penthouse deck...Sorry, my very very bad:o I got it all mixed up in the excitement.

But, still its a nice cabin..

What wonderful news!!! You are truly lucky! I am curious to know if they allocate points to you for a Penthouse suite. However who cares as it is a Penthouse!

ENJOY

Thank you. I sent an email off to Captains club and my ta to ask about this.

I will post when I have a reply.

yeah :D for real:D

It is for the Baltic cruise on the Constellation. I am very much looking forward to the cruise and suite. Who am I kidding; I am ecstatic...!!

Fingers crossed X does not relocate us..

Oh, it is actually the Royal Suite on Penthouse deck...Sorry, my very very bad:o I got it all mixed up in the excitement.

But, still its a nice cabin..

That is a great cabin! I would be ecstatic too! :D Enjoy!!

How are Suite Guarantees offered? I have checked a couple of cruises on the X website and don't see this possibility.

The gty are offered from time to time. Usually when X needs to sell out cabins fast they offer the gty category at a lower rate.

How are Suite Guarantees offered? I have checked a couple of cruises on the X website and don't see this possibility.

Gty's as previously stated, are typically only offered on cabin categories if cruise isn't sold out. This happens usually 30 to 60 days prior to the cruise and off times. Sometimes the rate continues to drop until the ship is full, or the line closes the sailing.

While some people are lucky, you could wind up with a cabin at a bad location.

To answer the question about points earned for upgrades.

If it is a paid upgrade you receive the points for the new category.

If it is a free upgrade from one cabin category to another you only receive the points for the cabin category you initially booked.

Edited by I-Cruiser

To answer the question about points earned for upgrades.

If it is a paid upgrade you receive the points for the new category.

If it is a free upgrade from one cabin category to another you only receive the points for the cabin category you initially booked.

I am having an issue with Celebrity regarding points and a paid upgrade. I just upgraded a few days ago on an S class cabin from CC1 to SS1. I paid additional $1000. I was told by the Captains club that because I didn't pay "retail" I would only be entitled to the points for the CC! I am in process of contacting Celebrity as this isn't fair. If I just booked and paid for a guarantee suite today, I would actually pay less then I did orginally and with the additional $1000 payment paid more and get the points associated with a Sky Suite!. The cruise is in about 10 days and was originally purchased about 1 year ago and paid in full 90 days ago.

While I did get a free drink package, which I upgraded, this isn't fair . I have travelled on many Celebrity cruises and am an Elite member.

Edited by Cruise a holic