Curling Iron?

rjwadd

Hi,

My wife and I will be saling on the Solstice this May. This is our first cruise and we have lots of questions, many that have been answered in these forums. I'm guessing someone here will have an answer for this one. We've seen a lot of information about what we can't bring on board... fans, irons, etc but my wife is wondering if she'll be allowed to bring a curling iron.

Can anyone out there help us out?

Thanks!

Yes, she can. I normally bring my curling iron and travel hair dryer with a diffuser because I'm not a fan of the in-cabin hair dryers. :)

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Yes you can. My wife also brought a hairdryer but didn't need it as there was one already in the cabin.

Thanks much for the information!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, she can. I normally bring my curling iron and travel hair dryer with a diffuser because I'm not a fan of the in-cabin hair dryers. :)

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Thanks very much! We can't wait!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes you can bring a curling iron and/or flat iron. They have blow dryers in the cabins. On every cruise I have been on I also brought a very small steamer and to date it has never been confiscated even though a few times I left it in full view in my cabin. I put it in my suitcase. It comes in a bag and does not look like the average steamer. It sort of looks like a carafe.

• 4 months later...

I never travel without a curling iron and always leave it out, nothing has ever been said. No, you don't need a converter, cabin will have both 110 and 220 outlets. But the outlets are few, bring a small power strip if you think you'll be plugging in a lot of things --- curling iron, laptop, cell phones, cameras, it adds up fast and can be a headache to be moving them around!

Would anyone have a photo of a typical hair dryer on Celebrity Reflection? I have very thick hair and I'm wondering if it would be up to the job! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Flat iron and curling iron are different! One curls, one straightens! Either or both are fine to bring...along with electric curlers/hot rollers, etc....I always bring my full-sized hairdryer, too, as the supplies ones don't blow hard enough.

I also travel with my fan...hot flashes...so I must have it! I bring an extension cord, too, since the plugs are across from the bed in most cabins.

Would anyone have a photo of a typical hair dryer on Celebrity Reflection? I have very thick hair and I'm wondering if it would be up to the job! :eek:

Thanks in advance.

I was very glad I brought my own on Reflection in March.I am a hairstylist and have a great travel size professional dryer .Cost about $50 at cost but will have it forever and save many hours of precious vacation time.!!!:)

If you have thick hair or very long hair, definitely bring your own dryer. I have found the ones in the cabin to be really inferior. On some of the ships you actually have to keep depressing the "on" button to keep the dryer on.

Enjoy your cruise! You will love it!