Bermuda Beaches in April

Since it is probably too cold to swim, you may want to walk from Warwick Long Bay to Horseshoe Bay. There are sandy trails and it is fairly easy hiking. There is an upper trail and a lower trail (which is nearer to the water). The views are beautiful along the way (bring a camera).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147255-i208-k3902020-Walking_from_Warwick_Long_Bay_to_Horseshoe_Bay-Bermuda.html

It is probably less than a mile but it's a meandering walk. The weather should be nice; we did it in the summer and it was a bit sweltering.

Also check the Ports of Call boards for Bermuda. There are a lot of very knowledgeable posters there.

Here is a map posted by hamlettm on the Bermuda boards. http://s14.postimg.org/kz44ghzyp/best_beach_route.jpg Horseshoe Bay is on the right.

Edited by marci22

Hello...we are on the same cruise, and, went to Bermuda last year too in early April. When we went last year, we were lucky to have sunny weather, and the temperature was in the low 80's. We did go in the water as did almost everyone on the beach. Yes, it was a tad chilly, but we got used to it in just a couple of minutes. Coupled with the warm sun, everyone seemed to have a great time.

I guess it just depends on the weather conditions once we arrive. Obviously it could be nice and warm, or, very cool. We are hoping for the best.

Dave

We are possibly booking the same trip and were wondering if the pools on the actual ship will be warm enough to swim in since it is in a cold climate so much of the time? We have two 6 year olds who can't wait to swim!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are possibly booking the same trip and were wondering if the pools on the actual ship will be warm enough to swim in since it is in a cold climate so much of the time? We have two 6 year olds who can't wait to swim!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They pump up the water to the pools where they are docked our at sea it might be a little cold at that time in Bermuda.

I personally prefer Tobacco Bay beach over horseshoe. less crowded

Try Horseshoe again...and this time when you arrive at the beach take a walk all the way to the left, it's much less crowded, the rock formations are beautiful and there are several tide pools that are enjoyable. And when the waves crash all around it makes for some lovely photo ops.