Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

I the only one that couldn't give two effffin Shiites about limes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not about the limes. It's about the fact that they were missing an ingredient but never mentioned it. It was comical. Funny, see? Take whatever you do care about and substitute, let's say, an orange wedge for it and don't mention it to your dinner guests. You'll get some looks, I'm sure. :)

We know through our research that the Nieuw Amsterdam ALWAYS have limes. In this extensive research, we see one lounging on the proper promenade deck, ready to assist for all our lime needs.

What we learn from this research is that if there is a proper promenade, limes will come.

halime.jpg

Mattingly,

Thank-you for your extensive research on this!

On RCCL Board.

Still on Indy with one additional note about drinks...don't expect fruit in your drinks! That's right - a vodka tonic isn't served with lime because they don't have any. None. Zero. A few of the bars had them at the start of the cruise, but the vast majority were fruitless.

Just read that their is a lime shortage and the prices have gone through the roof. So probably no good magaritas and mojoitos anytime soon.

We know through our research that the Nieuw Amsterdam ALWAYS have limes. In this extensive research, we see one lounging on the proper promenade deck, ready to assist for all our lime needs.

What we learn from this research is that if there is a proper promenade, limes will come.

halime.jpg

Are those people in the picture alive or dead, on HAL, you never know!:D

On RCCL Board.

Still on Indy with one additional note about drinks...don't expect fruit in your drinks! That's right - a vodka tonic isn't served with lime because they don't have any. None. Zero. A few of the bars had them at the start of the cruise, but the vast majority were fruitless.

Just read that their is a lime shortage and the prices have gone through the roof. So probably no good magaritas and mojoitos anytime soon.

http://laist.com/2014/03/22/shortage_of_mexican_limes_makes_us.php

I can see from your signature that it isn't clear whether or not you have actually sailed on Nieuw Amsterdam. I suspect that your 'research' is just pictures you have taken off the internet. Before I can believe your comments about limes, compelling and plausible though they may be, I need to see your cruise tickets and a signed affidavit from your room steward on cruise line letter head paper stating that you have been on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

I don't have a clue if I did this correctly, so I'm trying it here first. It's been a challenge! If you have questions about the photos, please ask. I cannot, for the life of me, find the one I took of the towel line at the main pool. I'll keep looking for it. Suffice it to say it took up the entire length of the pool area one morning. Please let me know if this works. Fingers crossed!

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/resstation/library/

I don't have a clue if I did this correctly, so I'm trying it here first. It's been a challenge! If you have questions about the photos, please ask. I cannot, for the life of me, find the one I took of the towel line at the main pool. I'll keep looking for it. Suffice it to say it took up the entire length of the pool area one morning. Please let me know if this works. Fingers crossed!

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/resstation/library/

Yes they came out great, pics., and videos!:D

Absolutely! I've had better service for half the price. Not the same FACILITIES available but the SERVICE was far superior. FAR.

So you had really bad service on Divina?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I find that hard to believe, that service alone was worth double the price.

Sorry but that is how I feel. Just came off the 3/15 and have some thoughts on the cruise but I don't feel it would be fair to MSC to post a review since they are trying to develop the market.

Just like Spirit Airlines, which I will pay other carriers more to not fly them, low price is not always a selling point.

A cruise is what you make of it and if I am on vacation and the sun is shining then mission accomplished.

Sorry but that is how I feel. Just came off the 3/15 and have some thoughts on the cruise but I don't feel it would be fair to MSC to post a review since they are trying to develop the market.

Just like Spirit Airlines, which I will pay other carriers more to not fly them, low price is not always a selling point.

A cruise is what you make of it and if I am on vacation and the sun is shining then mission accomplished.

And making a sweeping statement that you'd pay twice for better service on another line the price is fair?

Some would argue that to achieve your fairness aim saying noting at all would have been better. Snippets without validation or explanation can, on the whole, be worse.

I for one like to read the detail behind people's perceptions. Then I can validate if I would perceive a real issue or not.

Exactly. Just off the same sailing. Agree 100%

Exactly. Just off the same sailing. Agree 100%

Wow, I'm actually worried now. It's must have been bad if people are willing to pay double. I hope they get their act together before September.

So you had really bad service on Divina?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would not call it *Really Bad* service overall!. However we did pay half in a Jr Suite just last year on RCCL and we were treated with MUCH BETTER service. We didn't have a private floor, pool, restaurant though. The service was better for sure, if that's what you're asking about.

Wow, I'm actually worried now. It's must have been bad if people are willing to pay double. I hope they get their act together before September.

DON'T be worried. If you have fun and don't get too uptight about things, you will have a great time. You'll scratch your head a few times. I'm assuming you're in YC. If not, then yes, I'd switch lines for sure.

DON'T be worried. If you have fun and don't get too uptight about things, you will have a great time. You'll scratch your head a few times. I'm assuming you're in YC. If not, then yes, I'd switch lines for sure.

Were you in YC Resstation?

I guess I kind of understand where you're coming from but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I keep thinking in my head a hypothetical situation where I'm at a basic, standard corporate Marriott paying $150 a night. I walk up to the hotel manager and say, "you know, service isn't so hot here, but if you do XYZ tomorrow, I'll pay you $300 a night for the same room instead of $150".

And making a sweeping statement that you'd pay twice for better service on another line the price is fair?

Some would argue that to achieve your fairness aim saying noting at all would have been better. Snippets without validation or explanation can, on the whole, be worse.

I for one like to read the detail behind people's perceptions. Then I can validate if I would perceive a real issue or not.

Exactly, especially if someone has been on the ship and this is there first post ever on MSC, if they never cruise MSC, and are a active member on CC they would ask questions prior just like his RCCL cruise.

I dislike people who just come in and make a comment with no substance, be it MSC, RCCL, or Celebrity boards.

Were you in YC Resstation?

I guess I kind of understand where you're coming from but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I keep thinking in my head a hypothetical situation where I'm at a basic, standard corporate Marriott paying $150 a night. I walk up to the hotel manager and say, "you know, service isn't so hot here, but if you do XYZ tomorrow, I'll pay you $300 a night for the same room instead of $150".

Yes, we were in YC. Remember, at the Marriott you can walk out the door and go eat, drink, sleep somewhere else without losing much sleep over it. Not so easy when you are captive on a cruise for a week.

The thing is, people on these boards try to dissect every syllable of what a poster says and some even read things into the posts that I wouldn't have ever thought about. Comical. It's just a cruise, not the last vacation you will ever plan in your life. So, service sucked sometimes, we still had a great time.

I'm only on CC when I'm planning/researching a cruise. After I post my review, Arrivederci! I'll be back next time. Who knows, next year? Two years? Depends on what else we want to do. We enjoy cruising, but ANY vacation is a vacation. :) Everyone, CHILL. Just go have some fun.