Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

OK, we're back and my review is up. No, it wasn't Crystal, HAL, Carnival, Royal, Oceana, Princess, Silversea or any of the other cruise lines. It's MSC. The food was inconsistent and the dining room service sucked. But we didn't starve for sure. The gelato was divine. The ports haven't changed. We would go back if the price was right. We met some fun people. We had a great time. Doug

PS--there are neat hot tubs on deck 15 forward by the jogging trail and on top 18 solarium deck. great in the evenings.

OK, we're back and my review is up. No, it wasn't Crystal, HAL, Carnival, Royal, Oceana, Princess, Silversea or any of the other cruise lines. It's MSC. The food was inconsistent and the dining room service sucked. But we didn't starve for sure. The gelato was divine. The ports haven't changed. We would go back if the price was right. We met some fun people. We had a great time. Doug

PS--there are neat hot tubs on deck 15 forward by the jogging trail and on top 18 solarium deck. great in the evenings.

Where is your review? Up where?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. CruiseTALLtails has some "Splainin"' to do....How come of the last 300 THEFT reports on cruise ships, 75 or almost 1/3 of them, are on his beloved HAL??????????????? SPLAIN? Ripping off Little Older Ladies. HAL is solely known as the BLUE LINE. For Blue Haired Rich Little Retired Ladies....

..............and by the way, with your infamous STATS...how come you have not looked into the CRUISE LINE BEAUTY PARLOR STATS? HAL consumes more BLUING HAIR COLOR IN THEIR SHOPS THAN ALL OTHER CRUISE LINES COMBINED. It is a well known Beauty Parlor Industry Fact (but your not Gay, so how would you know anyway) that HAL is the world wide leader for Little Retired Blue Hair Ladies and their daily treatments. They make more money in the hair salon than the bars on one particular ship. See CCL/Shareholder.com OH MY, SUCH A FACT WAS ELIMINATED FROM YOUR RESEARCH...............................Then I surmise, that on these CC Boards that you are incognito, and that you may very well be a participant in the blue hair ladies club after all.....Watson! You are brilliant!

http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/investigations/investigating-cruise-crimes-at-sea

I've noticed in a few reviews lately, and in the forum some comparisons between the Divina and other ships!

My question is how fair is it to compare the Divina to other ships, and other cruise lines that charge significantly more money, and not make that a large part of the comparison?

We believe in 'you get what you pay for', and right now the Divina's prices for a week are lower then any other cruise line, and lower then most hotels at a resort, and we aren't talking about the free food, the free shows, the multiple ways to get cheap drinks, and a different view out your window each day that you get cruising!(if your not inside)

An example of what I'm saying: we choose 2 weeks on the Divina in a balcony instead of 1 week in the Yacht Club! The price was about the same, and we chose 2 weeks(more time on the ship, more ports to see, longer vacation) instead of 1 week with a lot more service, and better food, feeling privaledge:D, etc.!

Reviews about the Divina's service, food quality, service, or comparisons to other lines are all subjective!

But what's not subjective? The Divina 'IS' the lowest priced 7 day cruise in the Caribbean this year by a lot!

I've asked some who've said other cruise company's had better service, 'was the better service on the other line worth double the Divina price, and even more, because for some I'm sure money is less important then service! But I don't think this is how most people think!

What do you think!:D

I've noticed in a few reviews lately, and in the forum some comparisons between the Divina and other ships!

My question is how fair is it to compare the Divina to other ships, and other cruise lines that charge significantly more money, and not make that a large part of the comparison?

We believe in 'you get what you pay for', and right now the Divina's prices for a week are lower then any other cruise line, and lower then most hotels at a resort, and we aren't talking about the free food, the free shows, the multiple ways to get cheap drinks, and a different view out your window each day that you get cruising!(if your not inside)

An example of what I'm saying: we choose 2 weeks on the Divina in a balcony instead of 1 week in the Yacht Club! The price was about the same, and we chose 2 weeks(more time on the ship, more ports to see, longer vacation) instead of 1 week with a lot more service, and better food, feeling privaledge:D, etc.!

Reviews about the Divina's service, food quality, service, or comparisons to other lines are all subjective!

But what's not subjective? The Divina 'IS' the lowest priced 7 day cruise in the Caribbean this year by a lot!

I've asked some who've said other cruise company's had better service, 'was the better service on the other line worth double the Divina price, and even more, because for some I'm sure money is less important then service! But I don't think this is how most people think!

Well said Russian Bear. Originally we were planning to sail on Celebrity this Spring Break with friends. But when I heard encouraging reports from other TA's just off the Divina I knew I had to check her out.... The price difference / even when I include the classic beverage package is substantial. ( balcony) I'll be the first from our Agency to sail on Divina / and I will give an honest review. Will I promote her to my clients - I'll know for sure after I check her out. But - I am looking forward to seeing and doing as much as I can so is can give an honest opinion..... Can't really critique a ship without sailing her first!

I don't expect these amazing rates to last / I just think it is MSC's way to say give us a chance to show what we've brought to the American market,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SeaYa52

Well said Russian Bear. Originally we were planning to sail on Celebrity this Spring Break with friends. But when I heard encouraging reports from other TA's just off the Divina I knew I had to check her out.... The price difference / even when I include the classic beverage package is substantial. ( balcony) I'll be the first from our Agency to sail on Divina / and I will give an honest review. Will I promote her to my clients - I'll know for sure after I check her out. But - I am looking forward to seeing and doing as much as I can so is can give an honest opinion..... Can't really critique a ship without sailing her first!

I don't expect these amazing rates to last / I just think it is MSC's way to say give us a chance to show what we've brought to the American market,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I totally agree with you, and I look forward to your review!:)

I have found some of the reviews embarrassing to read. Especially the RSVP Gay Charter.

I read a review yesterday that stated all pillows in the cabin were defective. I'm shocked at how thick some people are. Italian pillows are different, they use cubed foam not Dacron fibre. The fact that didn't even cross the reviewers mind is staggering.

its the sheer ignorance of people that boils my blood. They assume that because things are different, they are wrong.

The American gays were always gonna bitch but god, some of them are thick as pig sh*t. Sometimes i think the Chinese have the right idea controlling free speech! lol.

I have found some of the reviews embarrassing to read. Especially the RSVP Gay Charter.

I read a review yesterday that stated all pillows in the cabin were defective. I'm shocked at how thick some people are. Italian pillows are different, they use cubed foam not Dacron fibre. The fact that didn't even cross the reviewers mind is staggering.

its the sheer ignorance of people that boils my blood. They assume that because things are different, they are wrong.

The American gays were always gonna bitch but god, some of them are thick as pig sh*t. Sometimes i think the Chinese have the right idea controlling free speech! lol.

I hated those pillows. I'm bringing my own on my next cruise. Lol. I still loved my cruise.

Seriously, you're killing me. You're quite possibly my favorite Cruise Critic member ever..... And I'm an "American Gay". LOL Personally, you'd never catch me dead on one of those charters. I mean, they're fine and some people love them...just not for me.

I hated those pillows. I'm bringing my own on my next cruise. Lol. I still loved my cruise.

I agree, they are are odd and different, but not defective. Once you get your head around the fact that they are supposed to be that way they are actually comfier. Its psychosomatic in my view!

I agree, they are are odd and different, but not defective. Once you get your head around the fact that they are supposed to be that way they are actually comfier. Its psychosomatic in my view!

Exactly my point, why would you allow such little things to ruin your cruise!:D

Seriously, you're killing me. You're quite possibly my favorite Cruise Critic member ever..... And I'm an "American Gay". LOL Personally, you'd never catch me dead on one of those charters. I mean, they're fine and some people love them...just not for me.

American gay. LOL As a gay man also you wouldn't catch me on those either, as I live in the Boston area, I even stay away from P-town. The pompous attitude with some really turn me off. If I do go its usually for a day, more then that I scream.

Btw I go away to Disney this past weekend and it got interesting in here. LOL

One other thing about the charter reviews.... Any time dining only works if people choose to dine at different times. If everyone dines at the same time because of an 'amazing party' every night it's going to be a car crash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

American gay. LOL As a gay man also you wouldn't catch me on those either, as I live in the Boston area, I even stay away from P-town. The pompous attitude with some really turn me off. If I do go its usually for a day, more then that I scream.

Btw I go away to Disney this past weekend and it got interesting in here. LOL

I'd love to know what got "interesting". Traveled from Tampa (home) to Boston for Halloween last year for the first time. Fell head over heels for Boston and we're coming back again this year. But I must be naive and ask.....what is "P-town"? We lead a sheltered life here.

I'd love to know what got "interesting". Traveled from Tampa (home) to Boston for Halloween last year for the first time. Fell head over heels for Boston and we're coming back again this year. But I must be naive and ask.....what is "P-town"? We lead a sheltered life here.

P-town, is Provincetown. The party place in the summer. :) I prefer Ogunquit Maine in the summer. Not as crazy.

The 2 girls at the end were very friendly. The girl on the left this was her first time doing this, and said she probably would not renew. She enjoyed the opportunity but it's something she does not see herself continuing.

Right on the money. Giuseppe and Mario, the two Maître 'Ds are personable guys, but seem to have problems running a dining room.

One night, Giuseppe himself was passing our dessert menus and delivering desserts to the tables.

Right on the money. Giuseppe and Mario, the two Maître 'Ds are personable guys, but seem to have problems running a dining room.

One night, Giuseppe himself was passing our dessert menus and delivering desserts to the tables.

Which to me signifies team work, interested in the guest, and timely presentation and attention to detail, which signifies a dynamic manager and a wonderful person. Two things that are sadly lacking in an RSVP Vacation from the managers including you, from your company.

We are looking into booking the Divinia in October. I have read a few of the reviews and over a few of the subjects here on the boards. First I really don't pay any attention to comments on food, nor do I tend to mention food too much in my reviews.

First it is subjective and all of our tastes are different. I am not a foodie, and mostly what I eat is pretty boring. I don't eat mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, etc, etc. I will eat at Outback, Olive Garden. I don't want fancy food, I just want food cooked well and to taste good. I did lunch once at Palo on Disney and I thought it was horrible - the food was just way too fancy for me and I really couldn't find anything I would eat. I wouldn't do it again, but others rave about it. Some people will complain food is over seasoned, under seasoned, too raw, too overcooked.

Though I must say I always find it interesting to see reviews that range from good, pretty good, then suddenly a horrible thrown in the batch.

I am not hard to please, try to go with the flow.

We are looking into booking the Divinia in October. I have read a few of the reviews and over a few of the subjects here on the boards. First I really don't pay any attention to comments on food, nor do I tend to mention food too much in my reviews.

First it is subjective and all of our tastes are different. I am not a foodie, and mostly what I eat is pretty boring. I don't eat mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, etc, etc. I will eat at Outback, Olive Garden. I don't want fancy food, I just want food cooked well and to taste good. I did lunch once at Palo on Disney and I thought it was horrible - the food was just way too fancy for me and I really couldn't find anything I would eat. I wouldn't do it again, but others rave about it. Some people will complain food is over seasoned, under seasoned, too raw, too overcooked.

Though I must say I always find it interesting to see reviews that range from good, pretty good, then suddenly a horrible thrown in the batch.

I am not hard to please, try to go with the flow.

I agree with you, never had a perfect cruise, but enjoyed them all!

And with the prices this year on the Divina, to us it was a no brainer to try it out!

Happy Cruising!:)

Driving home from our cruise right now. We had a great time but that had more to do with our attitude than the experience. Glad we tried MSC but I wouldn't choose to spend our money with them again. Too many other choices. I'll have pics and specifics (in a new thread) in a couple days. If you want to have a great time, you WILL have a great time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Driving home from our cruise right now. We had a great time but that had more to do with our attitude than the experience. Glad we tried MSC but I wouldn't choose to spend our money with them again. Too many other choices. I'll have pics and specifics (in a new thread) in a couple days. If you want to have a great time, you WILL have a great time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Look forward to your review!