Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

We did both cruises, east and west on the Divina, 14 days, so go ahead, ask your questions!

But I will tell you this much,,,

If you want bad service,

If you want unfriendly ship employees,

If you want bad buffet food,

If you want a poor selection of buffet food,

If you want bad restaurant food,

If you want poor restaurant service,

If you want a bad embarkation,

If you want a bad dis-embarkation,

If you want bad shows,

If you want bad shipboard entertainment,

If you want raw bacon,

If you want bad hamburgers,

If you want weak drinks,

If you want poor room service,

If you want employees who never smile at you,

If you want an ugly ship,

If you want over priced bad excursions,

And if you want to overpay for your cruise,,,,,,

THEN YOU BETTER LOOK 'ELSEWHERE'!:eek:

CAUSE THE 'DIVINA IS DIVINE'!:D

Beware nitpickers, complainers, haters, you know who you are, we now know first hand after 14 days on the Divina, you're a bunch of 'GAS BAGS'!:eek:

When any little problem arose during our 14 days, (and most of them were of our doing) we were awestruck that the answer from the Divina staff was always, 'no problem', the problem went away, and was always given with a smile! :)

Of course we were always reasonable unlike one woman throwing a 'hissy fit' cause she couldn't get her 'breakfast' orange juice, even though 'lunch' had started an hour earlier!

And what was a fitting final show on our 14 day cruise, was the Michael Jackson Show that received a standing ovation, followed by a personal thank you by the Captain to the audience for having sailed the Divina, followed by the Michael Jackson Entertainer coming off the stage into the audience to greet the cheering crowds, and avail himself to countless photos with the audience!

That's the kind of exceptional service you get on the Divina, from everyone including the Captain!

And its given to you on an incredibly beautiful ship!

PS The shows, the singers, and the dancers are extremely good!

Bear...you summed it up well!!

BTW, where were you week2 of your b2b? Missed you at both the Garden Bar before departure and the meet and mingle on the second day!

All my fault!

We had a big roll call party the week before at the private lagoon on Great Stir. Cay with JW, Jerome, Greg, Darrell, Muggs B and his new 'fiance' Stepherita, Terri and her Husband, Suenroy, the Reno Boys, LENS, and on and on and on, and I got one heck of a sun burn:eek:, that cost me from meeting up with the group that night to say good bye,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then the next day in Miami in all that pain, while all of you were boarding, my wife talks me into taking the Big Bus excursion around Miami, of course in all my wisdom I again don't put any sun block on:eek:, and my wife just has to sit on the upper, open deck of the bus in the sun!:eek: So I spent the first sea day, and the day in Jamaica looking and feeling like a ripe, split open tomato!

We did get off the boat in the Caymans to do the Ray/Beach excursion, and yes I did put of globs of sunblock!:D

Buccanos in Cozumel was great, but it was a shame we didn't get to Gr. Stir. Cay, at least the Captain got us off the ship in Nassau!

It is a ridiculous system. At a time when we're using less paper, they are giving people vouchers for drinks.

It's 2014, build the drink package right into your key card or use a plastic card. Every time you leave the cabin, you have to remember to take your coupons. Silly.

Hey Silly,

I enjoyed those paper vouchers! I wish more cruiselines would do that. It was a whole lot better drinking a Stella Artois or Peroni at $3.50 a bottle and not pay $350 for an all you can drink package. I think that you will find that the cost of a premium imported beer on other cruiselines is around $6.

Edited by thraak

Hey Silly,

I enjoyed those paper vouchers! I wish more cruiselines would do that. It was a whole lot better drinking a Stella Artois or Peroni at $3.50 a bottle and not pay $350 for an all you can drink package. I think that you will find that the cost of a premium imported beer on other cruiselines is around $6.

Agreed!

The Divina's drink prices are the best at sea!

The vouchers bring the price of a cocktail down to $4.80 with gratuity, the beer price down to about $3.71 with gratuity!

The all you can drink packages are also the best at sea, there is no cut off like the other cruise lines, and the top package for about $400. with gratuity includes everything like JW Black at $22. a shot!:D And the top package also offers all the soda, water, specialty coffees, deserts, etc. !

Like I said, the Divina delivers the best entertainment value at sea!

Drinks, shows, ships beauty, at an unbeatable price!

I've been reading the reviews and threads and honestly...it's like watching a game of tennis. Good...bad. Great...terrible. Wonderful....horrible.

I'm starting to wonder whether there are two Divina's - a good Divina and her evil twin. Or maybe the ship and all it's crew are simply alarmingly schizophrenic? Perhaps those with even numbers cabins get great service, crispy bacon and water at the tender whilst those in odd numbered cabins get snarls, grumpy looks, and no service?

Maybe it's like everything else in life. Maybe it depends on your own attitude when you board the ship. Are you a reveler or a dweller? .....although I did have an even number cabin. Thank God my next cruise is also an even number cabin. And movin' on up from an inside cabin to a balcony!!! Good Times ahead!!!

Hey Silly,

We liked the vouchers as well. Not only did it give a discount on certain drinks, it also allowed us to know what we had spent on drinks from the get go. We are no longer the type of drinkers who would enjoy an all you can drink package so it was a great option!

Now I hope MSC is reading along...perhaps a 'coffee card' ( much like Princess offers) would be a nice option as well. The coffee bars made fantastic concoctions and we found ourselves enjoying them twice a day!

I've been reading the reviews and threads and honestly...it's like watching a game of tennis. Good...bad. Great...terrible. Wonderful....horrible.

I'm starting to wonder whether there are two Divina's - a good Divina and her evil twin. Or maybe the ship and all it's crew are simply alarmingly schizophrenic? Perhaps those with even numbers cabins get great service, crispy bacon and water at the tender whilst those in odd numbered cabins get snarls, grumpy looks, and no service?

Ignore the haters, they must be employees of other cruise lines, cause after 14 days in an odd numbered balcony cabin, we can say first hand the Divina is the 'Best Entertainment Value for Your Money'!

OMG ROFLMAO...........seriously...........I think it's going to come down to how you are............if you are willing to go with the flow you'll be great......I live in Florida and work in healthcare and I meet people everyday that are dying of cancer and have a great attitude and then someone with a sore throat that think it's the end of the world.........it's all about attitude...........bottom line.....

Hey American Bear,

So sorry to hear of your wicked burn at the Key party. Perhaps Angela up there in the shade had a better idea. But who could resist all the events of the lagoon party right? So nice to give your input on here about the cruise. We would hear folks complain and just look at each other and shake our heads and say you've got to be kidding. Take care & hope you are peeling by now. MuggsB

Hey American Bear,

So sorry to hear of your wicked burn at the Key party. Perhaps Angela up there in the shade had a better idea. But who could resist all the events of the lagoon party right? So nice to give your input on here about the cruise. We would hear folks complain and just look at each other and shake our heads and say you've got to be kidding. Take care & hope you are peeling by now. MuggsB

Hi Stepherita, MuggsB

The second week wiped us out a little, 2 weeks cruising, a tough life!:D

I recovered from my sunburn by Tues., so we could get back in the sun!

We did the MSC Swim with the Sea Rays and Beach excursion in the Caymans, the second week, the water was like the Lagoon!

Then we headed up to Buccanos private beach resort in Cozumel, $10. a person, and you get the run of the resort, great deal! Angela got some terrific underwater snorkeling pictures! Highly recommend this place if you go to Cozumel, great food, terrific service, at a great price!

You both also take care, shame about your Bruins, but there's always the Sox! :D

All our best, take care!

Angela and Bob

Anyone interested in pics, we found 5 so far on the Lagoon!:eek: ,,,

bobbybear at bellsouth dot net ;)

Hey American Bear, glad you had a great time.

You were right Bosjoe, the Divina was Divine!

You missed a fun trip, the special roll call goodbye beach party JW and Jerome organized at Great Stirrup Cay's Lagoon was the best!:D

We liked the vouchers as well. Not only did it give a discount on certain drinks, it also allowed us to know what we had spent on drinks from the get go. We are no longer the type of drinkers who would enjoy an all you can drink package so it was a great option!

Now I hope MSC is reading along...perhaps a 'coffee card' ( much like Princess offers) would be a nice option as well. The coffee bars made fantastic concoctions and we found ourselves enjoying them twice a day!

That's a good idea!

I know MSC came out with a $50. card for children so they don't surprise their parents with a huge bill for the 4D theater, the race car, or the bowling alley!

They could make these voucher deals electronic, linked to your card and do away with the need to carry the paper books about. I bought a package of coffee (can't remember if it was 20 or 25) and they loaded it to my account. Every time I got the bill for a coffee (or anything else) I could see the number used and the number remaining. You never leave your vain without your card, but don't always have the vouchers on you.

They could make these voucher deals electronic, linked to your card and do away with the need to carry the paper books about. I bought a package of coffee (can't remember if it was 20 or 25) and they loaded it to my account. Every time I got the bill for a coffee (or anything else) I could see the number used and the number remaining. You never leave your vain without your card, but don't always have the vouchers on you.

Another good idea!

What we were impressed with on the Divina was anytime we needed guest services, and it was usually our fault, they met us with a smile, and answered us with 'no problem'!

Divina, I think the really HORRIBLE reviews are to the extreme!

It aint Divina that is the problem it’s the passenger (most times)!

The food (subjective)- Even for the pickiest of pickiest eater there is something to eat. If you can't find something 'edible' onboard, then you have issues. They have salad bar, fresh fruit (sweetest pineapple I have had onboard). The pre-wrapped hamburgers (don't judge a book by its cover) they were good...However they have the non-pre-wrapped burgers and fries with all the fixing.

They also have a carving station...

Breakfast the French toast is divine!!!

My point is... don't believe everything was horrible reviews because it ain't necessarily so. Experience it for yourself and you be the judge.

Entertainment: WONDERFUL. i liked the fact that they had live entertainment at every single lounge in the evening. The production shows were fantastic.

The Entertainment Team does a GREAT job of interacting with passengers throughout the cruise. They are really trying hard to make Divina a fun cruise experience.

The pool area: Seriously, don't listen to the complaints. this dang ship had more pools than ANY cruise line I’ve been on. Down side is they don't have an adults only pool, but that is not a deal breaker [for me] travel when kids are in school.

Staff: They all spoke English. Divina has now getting most of the bar staff from Jamaica (similar to Royal Caribbean) they were fun, and inviting.

Service: I only had 1 issue, when i boarded my beds were together. I requested that my beds should be a part per my reservation. Room Steward told me basically that one of us can sleep on the couch for the 2 days. Oh hayle nah! We weren’t having that. I took myself right downstairs explained to front desk that my friend and I did not pay to sleep on the couch. We have 2 beds in that room and i want my beds separated. They were like, He's going to separate them. We will take care of it. That evening, my beds were separated. No more problems.

Galaxy Disco: Understand I’m a huge Norwegian Fan. I can tell you Bliss lounge on Breakaway/Getaway were NOT as busy as the Galaxy on Divina. Basically it is dead for 7 nights. But on Divina, It was wall to wall people (sign of good club) the bar was hopping, the dance floor was PACKED. They had the flashing lights and the mist going. The music was pop, light hip-hop, Latin and the line dances...It was a darn good party. I was IMPRESSED.

Surprises: Deck 15 Disarrono Garden Terrance (Bar near infinity pool) <------ Looove that spot. The views were amazing (aft)

Drink prices were the cheapest I had on any ship ($6.25-7.50) $7.25 for a long island ice tea Really???? I was in heaven!!

Conclusion: The over the top nonsense reviews...read for entertainment purposes only. Too many sweat the small stuff....it ain’t that serious!

Divina, I think the really HORRIBLE reviews are to the extreme!

It aint Divina that is the problem it’s the passenger (most times)!

The food (subjective)- Even for the pickiest of pickiest eater there is something to eat. If you can't find something 'edible' onboard, then you have issues. They have salad bar, fresh fruit (sweetest pineapple I have had onboard). The pre-wrapped hamburgers (don't judge a book by its cover) they were good...However they have the non-pre-wrapped burgers and fries with all the fixing.

They also have a carving station...

Breakfast the French toast is divine!!!

My point is... don't believe everything was horrible reviews because it ain't necessarily so. Experience it for yourself and you be the judge.

Entertainment: WONDERFUL. i liked the fact that they had live entertainment at every single lounge in the evening. The production shows were fantastic.

The Entertainment Team does a GREAT job of interacting with passengers throughout the cruise. They are really trying hard to make Divina a fun cruise experience.

The pool area: Seriously, don't listen to the complaints. this dang ship had more pools than ANY cruise line I’ve been on. Down side is they don't have an adults only pool, but that is not a deal breaker [for me] travel when kids are in school.

Staff: They all spoke English. Divina has now getting most of the bar staff from Jamaica (similar to Royal Caribbean) they were fun, and inviting.

Service: I only had 1 issue, when i boarded my beds were together. I requested that my beds should be a part per my reservation. Room Steward told me basically that one of us can sleep on the couch for the 2 days. Oh hayle nah! We weren’t having that. I took myself right downstairs explained to front desk that my friend and I did not pay to sleep on the couch. We have 2 beds in that room and i want my beds separated. They were like, He's going to separate them. We will take care of it. That evening, my beds were separated. No more problems.

Galaxy Disco: Understand I’m a huge Norwegian Fan. I can tell you Bliss lounge on Breakaway/Getaway were NOT as busy as the Galaxy on Divina. Basically it is dead for 7 nights. But on Divina, It was wall to wall people (sign of good club) the bar was hopping, the dance floor was PACKED. They had the flashing lights and the mist going. The music was pop, light hip-hop, Latin and the line dances...It was a darn good party. I was IMPRESSED.

Surprises: Deck 15 Disarrono Garden Terrance (Bar near infinity pool) <------ Looove that spot. The views were amazing (aft)

Drink prices were the cheapest I had on any ship ($6.25-7.50) $7.25 for a long island ice tea Really???? I was in heaven!!

Conclusion: The over the top nonsense reviews...read for entertainment purposes only. Too many sweat the small stuff....it ain’t that serious!

Agree with everything you said!

We ordered the drink and beer online before leaving, and the prices were $4.80 for a drink, and $3.71 for a bottle of beer! GRATUITY INCLUDED!:D

If you like to have an expensive drink now and then, say a JW Black which runs $22. a shot, you can't do better then the Premium All You Can Drink Packages on the Divina, they include everything, with NO LIMIT, for $400.! Best all you can drink package in the cruise industry!:eek:

Edited by American Bear

Great mini-review. Glad you had a good time! The way you wrote the bold was too funny! Tomorrow, I'm about to get into the one and only service issue from our cruise in my review. You are right. It is all small stuff.

Did we ever come to a conclusion here about " Is it Divina or the reviewers?"

Having spent a delightful week on Divina...it is the reviewers!!

My vote goes to the reviewers!

It's typical for MSC, you get extreme reactions either way a lot. I've given up trying to work out how people can experience the same thing and have such widely opposing views.

Did we ever come to a conclusion here about " Is it Divina or the reviewers?"

Do we really care? at the end of the day what matters is that you enjoyed the cruise you were on ..... :D