Cruise line transfers or taxis ?

zwolinski

We will be doing the Solstice sailing in Sept. Seattle to Vancouver.

Celebrity is charging $64.00 round-trip pp. ($128. total). Anybody know if taking a taxi on our own if more "cost effective"? Not sure how far it is from the airport to the ship terminal in either city. Thanks for your help.

If you look at the website for both airports there should be links to taxi services that show the fares. We sailed from Seattle several years ago and it was way less than what the cruise line shuttles were. Plus you don't have to wait for a full bus, just grab a cab and go.

If you're travelling fairly light, take public transit in Vancouver. The Canada Line departs from Waterfront Station, which is a short walk from the Canada Place pier, and the train goes right into the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

I've seen $40 mentioned for Vancouver airport to the port. This is probably a little low as I think we paid around that 3 years ago.

Last year we used Century Car Service in Seattle and I think it was $54 one way from the airport. Great service.did not have to stand in taxi line. Looked them up online.

Edited by TN Vol Fan
Additional info

If you're travelling fairly light, take public transit in Vancouver. The Canada Line departs from Waterfront Station, which is a short walk from the Canada Place pier, and the train goes right into the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

We did this a couple of years ago and it was a real deal. We had two suit cases and two carryons and the walk wasn't bad. The cost was about $4 usd per person. The cars had plenty of storage space and there were no worries about traffic. You get off the train and walk across the street to the airport. Just reverse it if you are going to the cruise terminal. Easy peasy

We will be doing the Solstice sailing in Sept. Seattle to Vancouver.

Celebrity is charging $64.00 round-trip pp. ($128. total). Anybody know if taking a taxi on our own if more "cost effective"? Not sure how far it is from the airport to the ship terminal in either city. Thanks for your help.

We did this trip before and they were offering us the transfers for 4 of us -- which really wouldn't have been a deal. She kind of scolded us -- or at least it felt that way -- when we said we were just going to see how much a taxi would cost. She said we were never find one large enough for all 4 of us. We said we might be back in that case. OK....so, we were approached down by where the cabs picked up passengers and one of the limo drivers said he could take us to the pier for $40 total. Even after tipping him well, we still came out ahead of what the transfers would have cost us. I think this may have been a fluke to get a limo as cheaply as a cab....nice way to travel, though.

I see that Seattle Airport Express quotes $40 from SeaTac to the cruiseship piers for up to 4 passengers....so not so out of line

On the way back, we took a cab to the Vancouver airport once -- I, too, recall it was about $40. One time, though, they were offering the transfers for half price and the bus was just about ready to go....just trying to fill it I guess. That wasn't so bad.

Anyhow, looks like you could probably do it for about $80 + tips both ways....so a bit of a savings. One more thought, you can always look on the roll call and see if anyone else in interested in sharing a private ride -- $20 + tip for each couple is even better.

Another vote for the Canada Line in Vancouver. We also had one piece of luggage and one hand luggage each. Very easy, no waiting around for others to fill a coach, and no waiting in traffice either at the pier, or the airport as you could in a taxi.