Sailing in March, have a few Questions

Lightngsvt

20 days from today my wife and I depart for a glorious week on the Reflection! As its getting close and Im trying to finalize things I have some questions:

1. 123Go Classic Bev. pkg- is it true that we do not get the large bottles of water? It was already a huge pain in the butt last year trying to get water when we had the premium pkg. We try to drink a fair amount of water (in addition to fun things) and having to bar-hop for multiple bottles of water just is no fun and a waste of time

2. I thought I could upgrade to the Prem. pkg if I wanted for around $11/day? On the site it shows me full price if I look under the upgrades, $474.95 PP

3. Does anything booked in advance (Spa, specialty dining, shore excursions) have to be paid before sailing? We have a small $100 OBC from TA that I dont want to waste (we had to prepay gratuities so cant use it there either). PLus I figure if I book everything in advance nothing to worry about once onboard

4. Which nights are formal night? Im guess the 2nd (Sunday) and last (Friday)? I would like to eat in the MDR at least one formal night.

5. Anyone ever bought any of the packages? the 28th is our anniversary and I was looking at one of the "Romance Packages". The Mimosa breakfast in bed sounds pretty nice!

6. Can I do my online check-in this early?

7. Were in AQ, do we get priority luggage delivery? What time will we be allowed into our room? We are planning to arrive at port between 11am-12pm.

See below in RED

20 days from today my wife and I depart for a glorious week on the Reflection! As its getting close and Im trying to finalize things I have some questions:

1. 123Go Classic Bev. pkg- is it true that we do not get the large bottles of water? It was already a huge pain in the butt last year trying to get water when we had the premium pkg. We try to drink a fair amount of water (in addition to fun things) and having to bar-hop for multiple bottles of water just is no fun and a waste of time. We just returned from Reflection and we got the large bottles all but one time. We had the classic package.

2. I thought I could upgrade to the Prem. pkg if I wanted for around $11/day? On the site it shows me full price if I look under the upgrades, $474.95 PP. Not sure as we were completely satisfied with the classic.

3. Does anything booked in advance (Spa, specialty dining, shore excursions) have to be paid before sailing? We have a small $100 OBC from TA that I dont want to waste (we had to prepay gratuities so cant use it there either). PLus I figure if I book everything in advance nothing to worry about once onboard. We pre-booked 2 specialty restaurants and paid in advance and had select dining and paid for gratuities in advance. Once on board we upgraded to the 4 Specialty package and they credited what we had paid in advance toward the package price of $125pp.

4. Which nights are formal night? Im guess the 2nd (Sunday) and last (Friday)? I would like to eat in the MDR at least one formal night. Sunday and Thursday.

5. Anyone ever bought any of the packages? the 28th is our anniversary and I was looking at one of the "Romance Packages". The Mimosa breakfast in bed sounds pretty nice! Sorry. no.

6. Can I do my online check-in this early? I did it 4+ months in advance.

7. Were in AQ, do we get priority luggage delivery? What time will we be allowed into our room? We are planning to arrive at port between 11am-12pm. Not sure as we were not in AQ

You should have a great time

The upgrade to the Premium drink package will cost you $161 for both of you. ($80.50 each). We did it on our cruise mostly because my husband prefers single malt scotch or bourbon better than Jim Beam.....he was happy! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

7. Were in AQ, do we get priority luggage delivery? What time will we be allowed into our room? We are planning to arrive at port between 11am-12pm.

They call it priority luggage delivery but in 7 cruises in Aqua it has not been very priority.

Normally the cabins are available about 1:15. We try to arrive about 12:30 so that we do not have to wait around til they open.

5. Anyone ever bought any of the packages? the 28th is our anniversary and I was looking at one of the "Romance Packages". The Mimosa breakfast in bed sounds pretty nice!

5) We have not purchased a package since our 1st cruise in 1997 for our 25th anniversary so I don't know what the Romance Package includes. Since you are in aqua you will have an expanded breakfast menu and a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin when you board. If you don't want the package you could save the wine and order breakfast with orange juice and make a lot of mimosa's. We did get 2 terry cloth robes with our package and I'm still wearing one, although it is getting a little thread bare and may not see another winter.

7) Rooms are usually ready by 1:30. We have always had our luggage, at least some of it, delivered before the muster drill. We sail at least CC or above.

Mary Lou

1. You can get large bottles under either package, but just one per package holder at a time. If both you and your traveling companion have a package then you can get two by presenting both cards.

2. Price you quote is not the upgrade price. I'm guessing you can not do upgrade online. I suggest calling or wait until you get on board.

3. everything booked in advance requires advance payment via credit card. Only purchases initially made on board can use OBC

4. The second and second to last nights are almost always 2 of the formal nights. Very rarely there is an exception if the second night is a port day and there is a handier sea day. The last night on board is never a formal night due to last day packing.

5 sorry, no info

6. Yes. Do it ASAP. You can not do it online once your cruise is within 3 or 4 days. If you are having problems doing it then call Celebrity.

7 priority luggage delivery is sometimes meaningless. Rooms are generally available by 1 pm or 1:30pm if all goes according to schedule.

Last question: I don't know what you mean by "credit you the difference"

Edited by Lsimon

Four cruises on Celebrity, 3 have been in Sky Suites and 1 in Concierge Cabin. Rooms have been ready at 1:00. Only cabins that *might* be available earlier are the large suites but even those I think are 1:00. Aqua is considered in between Concierge and Sky so plan on 1:00. We usually get at least 1 piece of luggage before the muster drill and one after. Occasionally both are there before. Honestly, I think it is just luck of the draw, not cabin category or CC status. There are thousands of pieces of luggage being check at the pier and none of the porters are looking at them and pulling certain ones to load onboard first. Likewise, once they are onboard, I don't think anyone is poking through them to sort and deliver certain ones first; I suspect they just go as quickly as they can with ALL bags once they are onboard.