Live from the Dawn Princess

Will be boarding the Dawn Princess later on today for a short four day cruise, Melbourne to Auckland. I am taking my mum on this cruise. It is her first cruise and she doesn't really know what to expect. We finally got our cabin allocation on Friday.

I had booked a guaranteed inside cabin and we were give B708. Which is near the Aft lifts. It is overcast in Melbourne today, hopefully it will be clear for sailaway this afernoon.

This will be my third time on the Dawn Princess. We are planning on doing the scavenger hunt if they offer it. It is a great way to see various parts of the ship.

Any questions please ask, I will have internet access providing the ship internet works.

Will be boarding the Dawn Princess later on today for a short four day cruise, Melbourne to Auckland. I am taking my mum on this cruise. It is her first cruise and she doesn't really know what to expect. We finally got our cabin allocation on Friday.

I had booked a guaranteed inside cabin and we were give B708. Which is near the Aft lifts. It is overcast in Melbourne today, hopefully it will be clear for sailaway this afernoon.

This will be my third time on the Dawn Princess. We are planning on doing the scavenger hunt if they offer it. It is a great way to see various parts of the ship.

Any questions please ask, I will have internet access providing the ship internet works.

Sarah have a good trip and hope its not too rough or cold for mum

Edited by rkmw

Just about to have sailaway. Had muster drill. Our interior room is quite spacious. Much bigger than some interiors I've had on the Dawn before.

Edited by icat2000

Saturday mroning. A little bit of movement on the ship. Nothing to bad. Saw the welcome board show.and the best part about it was the comedian, magician adam dean. He was fantastic.

Formal night tonight. Lot of blue cards on ship. So either first timers, or trying out princess for first time.

Hi Sarah,

My family are sailing on Dawn Princess early next year. How would you describe the overall condition of the ship?

Do you think perhaps your large inside cabin ended up being a disabled one? I cruised once with someone who had a double sized inside allocated to them by chance as it caters for wheelchairs.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jason.

Edited by Whoey
typos and stuff...

Hi Sarah,

My family are sailing on Dawn Princess early next year. How would you describe the overall condition of the ship?

Do you think perhaps your large inside cabin ended up being a disabled one? I cruised once with someone who had a double sized inside allocated to them by chance as it caters for wheelchairs.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jason.

I dont think its a disabled cabin as there is no way you get a wheelchair into the bathroom. Its just a regular cabin that has a good metre or so between the two twin beds. It is a cabin for three people as there is a pull down bunk over mum bed.

The ship is well maintained and tidy. They always doing stuff to it. The wooden loungers on deck 7 were certainly in a lot better condition than the ones on arcadia.

Lots to do today. Played trivia. Going to the art history and drawing class this afternoon.

Edited by icat2000

Hi Sarah,

Interesting about all the blue cards. We recently did the Sea Princess to the South Pacific out of Brisbane and had 800 blue cards. We couldn't believe it. Never experienced it before.

Weren't we both supposed to be on Crown Princess around South American now??? We had to cancel because my brother was diagnosed with a rare and nasty cancer.

Good luck with trivia and we hope you and Mum have a wonderful and safe cruise.

Please do me and DH a small favour and eat an oatmeal cookie for us, then place it in front of the computer so we can catch the aroma!! They are soooo good!

Nicki

Hi Sarah,

Interesting about all the blue cards. We recently did the Sea Princess to the South Pacific out of Brisbane and had 800 blue cards. We couldn't believe it. Never experienced it before.

Weren't we both supposed to be on Crown Princess around South American now??? We had to cancel because my brother was diagnosed with a rare and nasty cancer.

Good luck with trivia and we hope you and Mum have a wonderful and safe cruise.

Please do me and DH a small favour and eat an oatmeal cookie for us, then place it in front of the computer so we can catch the aroma!! They are soooo good!

Nicki

Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he can overcome it. Yes, was booked on the Crown Princess, but changed my mind because a friend of mine and I are doing the Silk Road in May and couldn't do both. South America still on my list to do.

At the airport waiting for flightback to melbourne. Was a good cruise and mum enjoyed herself. Now I have no cruising to October. However, will I cope.

Hi Sarah,

Welcome home, and glad to hear you both had a good time.

October will be here before you know it!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet on the Crown, but hopefully, another time! We also have South America on our bucket list, but oh, that long flight .......

Nicki

Third time on this ship.

Lot of blue carders (however, not first time cruisers, lot were trying out Princess for the first time), previously cruised PO Australia and a lot of them made the same comments - food better on Princess, staff much better and interact with the passengers on PO Australia. A lot said they go back to PO Australia. Seems could have been a missed opportunity here. I would have said at least 80% of the ship was blue carders. I think from memory there was only like 65 Elite on.

I tend to a agree with them re the crew on Dawn Princess. I don't know what it was but they just didn't seem to be same as I had experienced before on Princess. Maybe they having a big change over prior to the world cruise and some are at the end of their contracts, so are a bit jaded.