Celebrity Cruises "Cruise Later" Certificate

elena7seas

Has anyone tried recently to use an Open Passage that they purchased before August, 2013? I just asked Celebrity to send me a copy of the Booking Confirmation for an Open Passage that I purchased in May 2012, and the following preamble came with the Booking Confirmation.

I was under the impression that if you purchased the Open Passage before the new programme was instituted in August 2013, the same terms would apply as when you purchased the future cruise certificate. However, the letter below seems to refer to the terms of the new "Cruise Later" certificates. What I am concerned with, specifically, is the reduction of the maximum OBC to $200 from $300 for cruises of 14 nights or more. Plus, if the terms of the OLD Open Passage certifcate are now the same as the new "Cruise Later" certificates, then they will not apply to transatlantics, transpacifics, or repositioning cruises.

Before I call Celebrity to get the situation confirmed, I just wanted to know first whether the pros on Cruise Critic have had any experience lately with using an OLD Open Passage certificate for a 14 night or longer cruise, or for a transatlantic/transpacific/repositioning cruise.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for purchasing a Celebrity Cruises Cruise Later account.

We are very excited that you have made this commitment to sail with us again.

Attached, you will find a confirmation for the Celebrity Cruises Cruise Later account purchased recently while onboard one of our ships.

With a Celebrity Cruises Cruise Later, you have now secured the ability to receive an onboard credit in the value of $50-$200 per stateroom (applied to your next booking). The actual value of the onboard credit is based on length of voyage and will be applied within two business days after you have secured a booking.

You are also allowed to transfer your Cruise Later to another guest of your choosing. Cruise Later is combinable with one additional offer, please read Terms and Conditions for further details.

Please note, the Cruise Later confirmation does not list a ship, sailing date, category, price, stateroom number, dining preference or taxes/fees. Once you select a ship, sailing date, and category, your Cruise Later will be applied, and you will be subject to paying the applicable fare(s), remaining deposit, and all taxes/fees.

Please contact your Travel Professional, as indicated in your confirmation, for further assistance to convert this Cruise Later into a confirmed reservation.

Please note: if your Cruise Later booking (formerly Open Passage) was created before August 1, 2013 it is NOT combinable with any other offer. 1050

Thanks!

Edited by elena7seas

Don't call Celebrity, call Captain's Club:) They are much more on top of the Passages Program than the call centre. Just tell them you have a pre Aug/13 Certificate and they will help you.

Hi Christine:

I am not so much worried about getting the original benefits myself, as I'm sure I can make the case for getting the benefits that I was promised. I was just wondering, before I call Celebrity's Captain's Club, if the practice of applying the new guidelines to the OLD Open Passages certificates is widespread. I have several friends who have the original Open Passages. They do not post on Cruise Critic, and I always like to have up-to-date information to pass on to them, so they know what to expect.

The people in Captain's Club are great, but they often have varying takes on how a policy is being implemented, especially in the first weeks or months of the arrival of a new protocol. :)

Hi Christine:

I am not so much worried about getting the original benefits myself, as I'm sure I can make the case for getting the benefits that I was promised. I was just wondering, before I call Celebrity's Captain's Club, if the practice of applying the new guidelines to the OLD Open Passages certificates is widespread. I have several friends who have the original Open Passages. They do not post on Cruise Critic, and I always like to have up-to-date information to pass on to them, so they know what to expect.

The people in Captain's Club are great, but they often have varying takes on how a policy is being implemented, especially in the first weeks or months of the arrival of a new protocol. :)

I have just used an "old" open passage voucher for a 15 night cruise. Had a few issues with the OBC, Celebrity advised the agent twice that it was $150 rather than $300, as we had not booked before August 2013!!! In the end, a Manager at the TA called Celebrity, and they eventually agreed that they would apply the $300 OBC to our booking. I was not trying to link with any other offer, as this is for a transatlantic.

I have an old Open Passage issued in 2011, I believe. While on a recent cruise the on-board Celebrity Booking Agent said "hold on to that one - it will earn the higher OBC for a longer 14-day cruise (like a TransAtlantic)". I assumed from her comment that the terms in place at the time the Open Passages was purchased would apply.

Let us know how this turns out as I am holding on to my old Open Passages, hoping to use it to best advantage.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody know how much on board credit do we get if we use a future cruise certificate bought in 2012 (before changes made to the program). Anybody has the terms and conditions at that time and can share it with us? Thanks in advance.

Ivi

Does anybody know how much on board credit do we get if we use a future cruise certificate bought in 2012 (before changes made to the program). Anybody has the terms and conditions at that time and can share it with us? Thanks in advance.

Ivi

Hi Ivi, I haven't purchased one in a long, long time.....I do know at

one point how much credit you got was dependent on your cabin

category and another point the credit was dependent on the

length of your cruise:eek:......this thread is over a year old......maybe

someone else who has used one recently can help you......or you

could call Celebrity...do you have your Cruise Credit there? It should

have the terms and conditions printed on it.

Thanks Lois

I have realized this thread is more than a year old but since my question is the same, I was hessitant to start a new thread.

I have a couple of certificates bought before Agust 2013 when I believe was a change in the terms and conditions. Unfortunately I do not have those terms and conditions valid at that time. This is why I am asking at this forum before asking Celebrity.

I hope somebody has those terms and conditions and see my post.

Regards

Ivi

I have an old Open Passages Certificate that I purchased in October 2011. In August 2014 I used it for a deposit on a 15 night transatlantic cruise that sails in November 2015. Reading the certificate, it does not exclude transatlantics and shows $300 on board credit for a 15 night cruise. I asked my TA if she could see how much on board credit was on the booking from Celebrity. She told me $300. I'll know for sure in November when I get onboard.

I have an old Open Passages Certificate that I purchased in October 2011. In August 2014 I used it for a deposit on a 15 night transatlantic cruise that sails in November 2015. Reading the certificate, it does not exclude transatlantics and shows $300 on board credit for a 15 night cruise. I asked my TA if she could see how much on board credit was on the booking from Celebrity. She told me $300. I'll know for sure in November when I get onboard.

Thanks for this information! Does this depend of the type of cabin booked? I think it was just in function of the number of days right?

Thanks Lois

I have realized this thread is more than a year old but since my question is the same, I was hessitant to start a new thread.

I have a couple of certificates bought before Agust 2013 when I believe was a change in the terms and conditions. Unfortunately I do not have those terms and conditions valid at that time. This is why I am asking at this forum before asking Celebrity.

I hope somebody has those terms and conditions and see my post.

Regards

Ivi

In the future, please start a new thread instead of dredging up an old thread. Thanks! Celebrity's policies change all the time.

In the future, please start a new thread instead of dredging up an old thread. Thanks! Celebrity's policies change all the time.

Thanks for the advise. I am aware that Celebrity policies change, however my question does not refer to the changes of policies. I am asking if somebody has the terms and conditions in relation to OBC for the Celebrity passages that were in place before August 2013.

I just used an old certificate for a 16 night Panama Canal cruise next year. Frankly I had almost given up on ever using it because they wouldn't let us combine it with any deals on previous cruises. I thought I'd try again and asked our TA to just see if we could use it for the $200 deposit (we were already getting the 3 1/2/3 benefits with a concierge room). We got the $300 OBC and a 1 category upgrade. A happy surprise.