Can i bring onboard from port

Cruisegirl6

I am also not aware of rules against bringing food onto the ship? You cannot take food off the ship in other countries. I don't know if that rule holds true for Key West which is a USA port?

You cannot bring alcohol back to drink on the ship although some folks have mentioned getting away with it.

I believe they will keep alcohol for you and give it to you when you debark at your home port.

Yes that place is still there. There are two locations the one I go to is closer to the Hemingway House since I be walking down there to show father in law, he never went to Key West the address is 1108 duval street.

I am glad I gave you all an idea...if your at Key West you must have the key lime pie lol :D

On our last cruise that stopped in Key West, we were standing in the queue line to board the ship after spending the day enjoying Key West and there was a woman in front of us who had two styrofoam "to go" containers in a plastic bag.

Security at the end of the gangway examined her containers which were filled with food from a local restaurant and they would not allow her to bring them onboard. She was furious and sat down on the dock and proceeded to attempt to eat both containers of food while cursing and yelling.

On our last cruise that stopped in Key West, we were standing in the queue line to board the ship after spending the day enjoying Key West and there was a woman in front of us who had two styrofoam "to go" containers in a plastic bag.

Security at the end of the gangway examined her containers which were filled with food from a local restaurant and they would not allow her to bring them onboard. She was furious and sat down on the dock and proceeded to attempt to eat both containers of food while cursing and yelling.

This is just one of those things that make you scratch your head because I've brought food, water, and soda back on board at many ports with no problem. Maybe someone was just being a jerk! Having a bad day or something!

Edited by mousey

While at Conch World when we were in Grand Turk, we ordered Conch Fritters to go in a closed lid styrofoam plate. We were allowed to bring our food on with no questions asked or problems. Like a previous poster said, someone at your check-in was having an off day and refused the passenger for no reason. Go figure:rolleyes:

This is just one of those things that make you scratch your head because I've brought food, water, and soda back on board at many ports with no problem. Maybe someone was just being a jerk! Having a bad day or something!

What you had where sealed containers. Her containers whern't sealed and they could of brought Noro aboard with those open containers.

I realize we can't bring food back on the ship from a port but what if we dock in Key West and the ship is from Florida can we bring back bakery items?

Technically you cannot take food from the ship to the shore or bring food from the shore onto the ship. Enforcement of these rules seem to be haphazard.

Great idea! I need to bring one back too. I also want to try the Key Lime Pie on a Stick while we are there. I found this place on TripAdvisor and hope to find it while we are there. . http://www.keywestkeylimepieco.com/

I LOVE key lime pie on a stick, and get one at key west key lime pie company evey time I'm in Key West. YUM!!

We have gotten Tortuga Rum cakes a couple of times while in Nassau and have never had a problem.

The rum cakes are prepackaged so you can bring them back on the ship. If you open the packaging, that might be a different story.

Just like you can take the small unopened Cheerios box off the ship but no fruit or danish that's not prepackaged.