Not happy!! Who do I sue??

2Feathers

I cruised on time change weekend last fall. Southwest Airlines wouldn't let me check in for my flight 24 hours prior to my flight and I couldn't understand why. Then it hit me that is was 25 hours until my flight time due to the time change. I decided I didn't like to travel on time change weekend.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to treat yourself to another cruise that falls over the switch back to standard time in the fall so you can get an extra hour on board. It's only fair.

We were cruising last fall during the Fall Back weekend. Boy that extra hour was GREAT...Made the cruise soo much more enjoyable.;)

Exactly where does that hour go ?-- is it like dryer lint ?

it goes to that same bloody place that those socks go - you know, the friend to the first one, and then you are left with one!!! that is where they are, laughing at us, mocking us and sipping on a Long Island i tell ya!!!

Nassau and St Thomas have DST but St Maarten does not. It's harder on the Western cruise because Mexico, Roatan, Belize doesn't switch over until the end of the month (old school) while the US switches over early (sailed in March 2011 and it was very confusing as the time would swing by 2 hours sometimes).

Yikes! I'll give you partial credit. St Thomas does NOT observe daylight savings time, not ever. Nor does St Maarten or Belize or Roatan. (That's why Belize & Roatan were 2 hours behind, because they are in central time.) Nassau does indeed observe it at the same time as us. You are right about Mexico observing it at different times than us: April 6-Oct 26. timeanddate.com is a great place to find out the time differences.

OP, once you have switched over, all times will be equal. Nassau switches over with you, but they are also in the same time zone as Florida. St Thomas & St Maarten will be equal, since they are in a different time zone but they don't spring forward. I'm about to go on my 2nd "fall-back" cruise in November, plus we are repositioning from Puerto Rico to Florida, so with the time zone change, we will have 2 extra hours of cruising on that sailing. So having not been on a spring-forward cruise, I'll be a total 3 hours ahead overall. Thanks for giving me your hour, and thanks to the others who have donated to me.:p

You should sue the United Nations. My vote is to abolish daylight savings completely. In fact, we should adopt a universal time for the whole world. It's 1:40am everywhere right now, whether it's sunny or dark. After all, the southern hemisphere has hot weather in December & January, then it's snowy & miserable in July. We can adjust.

Edited by k2excursion

OP, I will make the ultimate sacrifice and go on this cruise in your place and you can go on my cruise and keep the hour you would lose on this cruise!:D

Oh wait, I don't have any cruises planned in the near future!:eek: What's worse than that!:eek: LOL!:D

You should sue the United Nations. My vote is to abolish daylight savings completely. In fact, we should adopt a universal time for the whole world. It's 1:40am everywhere right now, whether it's sunny or dark. After all, the southern hemisphere has hot weather in December & January, then it's snowy & miserable in July. We can adjust.

As the song goes, it's five o'clock somewhere.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last November I was on the Sunshine TA and seven of the days were 25 hour days. Real nice to go to bed an put the clock back an hour so many times. I guess that an East bound TA is not so much fun with many 23 hour days.

Totally Laugh out Loud! :D

I hate to tell you but I enjoyed your hour when I cruised last year during the fall time change and we got an extra hour of Fun Ship excitement!

But one thing we did think was odd, the actual time change was our debarkation day but the ship changed the time ONE DAY early! I'm assuming (that is always a dangerous thing to do) that they did it to avoid any last minute confusion to us on debarkation day, but it was just odd to have the time change on Friday night instead of Saturday night.