Luggage Drop - Port Canaveral - Terminal 10

We are sailing on the FOS is several weeks which I understand docks at Terminal 10 at Port Canaveral. Can you drive in and drop off your luggage and then drive out of the Port for lunch and some brief sightseeing - then return later and go direct to the parking area? Is there a charge to enter the Port? Someone said you must drive thru the parking area, get a ticket and then proceed to the luggage drop off - but it's free if less than one hour. Seems like a strange routing to just drop off luggage. Thank you.

We are sailing on the FOS is several weeks which I understand docks at Terminal 10 at Port Canaveral. Can you drive in and drop off your luggage and then drive out of the Port for lunch and some brief sightseeing - then return later and go direct to the parking area? Is there a charge to enter the Port? Someone said you must drive thru the parking area, get a ticket and then proceed to the luggage drop off - but it's free if less than one hour. Seems like a strange routing to just drop off luggage. Thank you.

That's what others have said in other threads. I will be sailing out of Port Canaveral in a few weeks as well, and I plan to drop my luggage off, then return my rental car and catch their shuttle back to the port.

Yes, you can drive in, drop your bags, and come back later. Last time we did that, we had to get a ticket and go through the parking structure.

Be sure to be checked-in at least 90 minutes before the ship is scheduled to depart.

As far as brief sightseeing in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area there isn't much to see except stores, hotels, and the beach. There really isn't much to see. Why go somewhere and pay for lunch when you can board the ship and eat all you want that you have already paid for?

The later you wait to come back the more traffic you will encounter entering the port, the longer it may take to park your vehicle, the more time it may take to check in, the less time you will have to get aquianted with the ship, find your cabin, and prepare for the muster drill. But to each their own....

Someone said you must drive thru the parking area, get a ticket and then proceed to the luggage drop off - but it's free if less than one hour. Seems like a strange routing to just drop off luggage. Thank you.

The porters will nor be set up to process luggage until 10:00 AM. Being from the local area I can vouch for the lack of sight seeing for the short time you will have between then and getting on board before the deadline.

I agree with others that you use this time to get acquainted with the ship and have a nice lunch on board.

The luggage routine works quite well and the process gets folks from the parking lot and onto the ship in 1/2 hour or less once processing starts. Maybe you can do the sightseeing with your luggage and get to the ship by 2:00 PM ;)

• 4 years later...
This thread is 3 years old. Total no longer uses terminal 10.

In the new terminal you do need to go through the lower level of the garage for luggage drop off.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

I can't tell you how many times I have starting reading a new thread only to find out it is years old. I wonder if it would be possible to put the original date beside the posters user name. It might stop me from reading something older than dirt.

My question is recent (12 May 2018). Norwegian Sun will be using Terminal 10 as I have been told. The best info seems to be that you have to go through the parking garage at terminal 10 to drop off your luggage. I ask has anyone experienced this at terminal 10.

You do not have to go thru a parking lot to get to terminal 10. There is a entrance to the port after you come off the draw bridge that can get you close to the terminal. Taxis are not allowed to use that as they have to pay a toll at a toll booth to drop you off. Beware they may make you pay that when you get to the booth and it is at the opposite end of the 4 terminal cluster then terminal 10. It is by terminal 5 and 6. Once you get to terminal 10 the baggage drop off is just past the building and the terminal entrance will be just around the corner

FOS - Freedom? Am I missing something? When does Freedom sail out of PC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It doesn’t!! The original post is old!!!

The Freedom was in Port Canaveral before the Oasis!!! And in April of next year the Oasis will leave and be replaced by the Harmony!!

Wish people would just start a new thread...