.......idle jottings

ho-hum

YOU, Yes You !

This band of chums that linger a while on this very silly thread and swop anecdotes, information and occasional rants (OK mainly HH) under the more relaxed "eye" and tolerant nature of our Host, Dan (the Man).

Oh we happy band of fools.

How we seize the chance at recreation time when we are released from our various secure facilities around the world, for the solitary 45 minutes each day to catch up with one another and hear what's going on in the world, that is Sea Dream.

Oh how we giggle, chuckle, snort away occasionally convulsed with coughing as a coffee goes down the wrong way whilst perusing the "drivel" that passes for information swops.

Thankyou for the kind words following "Cabosal-gate".

Ho hum is certain it was totally out of character by this person and provided they buy a round of drinks next time on TOYB: all will be forgotten (only "He, above" can forgive: Yes Jim Avery: Butch to his pardners).

And the invitation to re-join is open.

At least it has caused "ohmiss" to rouse him/herself to add support for drivel. Good day to you.

So here ho hum is, safely back in the homestead of this thread. As he draws up his favourite chair, kicks his boots off, pours himself a "snifter" and gazes out the vista remembering you, dear chums. A half smile arises slowly and an internal aaaaaaahhhhhh is felt.

Yep good to be home with y'all.

And a yee-haw t'boot.

Only popped over to

Sea Dream I, 1-17-2015: First Timer Report

To say howdy.

Well lets move on.

But before doing so, ho hum has discovered a "nifty" link that will allow you to ignore posts by certain persons if they continue to send you "up the wall" (as was the case for our friend from Michigan) regarding moi meme.

It is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist

And not forgetting HH is likely to desist his idle jottings (or cut down) on the first anniversary of this thread start (7th March, 2014, 02.01 AM).

Some sanity will return to this forum and Host Dan can reduce his medication.

SDII: JVD, Beach Party !

Now Ho Hum guesses most of you know what happens on Friday lunchtime.

Yes "Caviar Splash"

This time it is at Jost Van Dyke (rudely named after a transgender lesbian).

Well at 1.00pm Caribbean time.

The corks pop open and you MAY be able to see US on the webcam from the famous "Soggy Dollar Bar" looking out onto the sand and sea.

Just follow this link:

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

WE ARE HERE NOW !!! SEE !!

Edited by ho-hum

SDII: JVD, Beach Party !

Now Ho Hum guesses most of you know what happens on Friday lunchtime.

Yes "Caviar Splash"

This time it is at Jost Van Dyke (rudely named after a transgender lesbian).

Well at 1.00pm Caribbean time.

The corks pop open and you MAY be able to see US on the webcam from the famous "Soggy Dollar Bar" looking out onto the sand and sea.

Just follow this link:

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

WE ARE HERE NOW !!! SEE !!

And now HH will try agiain with a photo looking from SDII to SDB !

Sorry if it doesnt go.....internet !!!

image.jpg.a95271dc8628b799214b15fd37d95f02.jpg

Sorry guys, decided to exercise a bit of self-control and censor oneself.

Just more drivel.

Nothing to get too excited about.

One of you will be happy at least unless he has "Ignore" facility up and running.

Unfortunately HH cannot edit the title.....suffice to say yesterday at JvD was a blast...what can be remembered, that is.

Edited by ho-hum

Mr. Hum. Regarding the fly in the ointment on another thread: You can please some of the people all the time; You can please all of the people some of the time; But you cannot please all of the people all of the time. Carry on my Good Man. And have safe travels.:D

Ho, Hum,

Curious!? And I may have missed the answer on another thread or post?...

Have you sailed on Seadream 1? Do you know the staff on both boats?...I'm sure you do! Your like part of the furniture at Seadream, I'm sure....a very well respected part of the family.... And that's why I have enjoyed your posts so very much. I know I have been a bit of a chatty Kathy...and I do ramble a bit here and there...but you have made this little corner of C.C. A comfy little place to ramble in. 😜 and it's obvious that after how many thousand posts??:eek:

That I am not the only one who feels the same...

A few years ago I found C.C. And felt most other boards very finicky, you were accepted as long as you did not negatively mention anything about the boat or cruise line that these people love. There was no room for constructive criticisms.

Not so with the good folks here on the Seadream threads...Great conversation, lots of intelligent discussion and comeraderie.

And then you started idle jottings...

Informative and fun!! How could anyone take this thread too seriously especially if they have read the opening post!? Funny as hell!! Not sure what crawled up Cabosal's derrière and died to make him so ornery? And he never did offer to give you the chance to make up for whatever offense you could have possibly done to his sensitive soul!? But let's put this into perspective!! You've made tons of new friends because of your musings! Including myself and Danny...so please! Do not let one comment from someone who probably got weaned from his moms bosom too early, take away your joie de vive!!!

Looking forward to meet you and your wife...

Kathy, Danny.

Cabosal you mis-interpreted a post HH made a little while ago:

Saw in this post that this week they had 65 people on board and of that 26 stayed on for second week. what kind of deal does SD give people on board to entice them to stay for another week?

We've had 7 cruises before with SD, never looked into 2nd week deal.

We have cruise in 2 weeks, was just giving it a thought Maybe get good bargain for that 2nd week if SD I is low on people.

Getting that Sea Dream itch.......Hope internet keeps up !!

Thank You

ctbjr1309 kindly tried to clarify your post:

I think what h-h was saying is that 65 of the passengers on board are Club members (i.e. prior cruisers). I'm certain that there are more passengers on board than that.

SD offers a discount (10%, if I'm not mistaken) for the 2nd and subsequent weeks for cruises booked back to back.

HH then replied and gave a factual reply (without poetry, humour or Disney-ishness):

Yes ctbjr 1309 is quite correct.

The 65 Club Members alluded to are also referred to as "repeaters": those that have done more than one voyage.

In fact there are some 96-ish passengers on the current voyage out of a capacity of 113.

Without checking with the "boss", there is a 10% discount for one voyage after another (known as a "back to back"), again as ctbjr1309 advises but there is also an additional 15% if it is booked onboard.....not bad eh !

And then you began your nasty critique which you wish to continue despite the post made by HH in which he tried to draw a line to your unfortunate and un-necessary remarks.

HH even dropped a link so you did'nt need to be bothered by HH's posts:

YOU, Yes You !

This band of chums that linger a while on this very silly thread and swop anecdotes, information and occasional rants (OK mainly HH) under the more relaxed "eye" and tolerant nature of our Host, Dan (the Man).

Thankyou for the kind words following "Cabosal-gate".

Ho hum is certain it was totally out of character by this person and provided they buy a round of drinks next time on TOYB: all will be forgotten (only "He, above" can forgive: Yes Jim Avery: Butch to his pardners).

And the invitation to re-join is open.

At least it has caused "ohmiss" to rouse him/herself to add support for drivel. Good day to you.

Only popped over to

Sea Dream I, 1-17-2015: First Timer Report

To say howdy.

Well lets move on.

But before doing so, ho hum has discovered a "nifty" link that will allow you to ignore posts by certain persons if they continue to send you "up the wall" (as was the case for our friend from Michigan) regarding moi meme.

It is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist

And not forgetting HH is likely to desist his idle jottings (or cut down) on the first anniversary of this thread start (7th March, 2014, 02.01 AM).

Some sanity will return to this forum and Host Dan can reduce his medication.

And yet you still wish to cause offence with:

No, Captain, it is actually like going to an x-rated film and getting Disney instead...Not what I expected and kinda disappointing, too. I thought CC would give me some info on cruising, not someone's personal "musings" on whatever. Guess I was wrong....:p

(By the way, what do my sailing dates have to do with anything? This will be our 7th SD cruise. Hope to see u there...)

If you are reading this Cabosal, it is on a thread which takes a relaxed view and you have been given the option of IGNORING posts.

Now you are bullying and picking arguments with others.

Not exactly friendly behaviour is it despite the rationalisation for sensible information which you were in fact given and which you chose to ignore.

This leads to the point. You dont actually want what you ask for.

Really you simply wish to dump your life's dis-satisfaction and inability to find joy by being rude to others.

Of course if you are only 15 years old and have distant parents then please accept HH's sympathies but if this is not the case then please either grow up, seek professional help or at least desist and allow others to enjoy friendship around a company within which we find great pleasure (and occasional great annoyance).

Is this un-Disneyesque, un-poetic and non-humorous enough for you........probably not......oh well, ho hum.

Yes, you never know....

(And glad to see h-h is back in fighting trim!)

Right, Sundance. He seems to be approaching a level of experience which would allow him to safely be around us for a week or so. :eek:

You incorrigible pair of 'ol coyotes !

Haha

What are you two like !!!!

Well as it so happens, ho hum has jotted a reply to the latest vain attempt at wit and humour by the ol curmudgeon BUT it has been sent to ho hum's lawyers (Swindle & Sue) for checking to see whether it violates CC guidelines.

Now remember having a sense of humour has been banned in some US states and so for some people it is difficult to discern playful) "banter" with potentially causing emotional distress (if you were 5 years old, that is. You are a bunch of "mamby-pambies" over there).

It has happened once before when ho hum enquired about the address a poster was now living.

God you thought ho hum had burned the flag or something !

And so does ho hum go out all "guns ablazing" or is the "person" really worth it.

Remember the scene guys when Dirty Harry stood over the punk with a Gun....would he shoot, would he not shoot.

Oh but boys the reply is sheer magic, it had blondie almost losing control of the internal waterwork system.

It us done terribly tastefully, naturally. And ho hum is considering stopping.

And if it is posted it could be "pulled" and would all be to no avail.

Sleep on it hum......but one more drink first.

Night boys (and all you other good people moseying on by.....always welcome, you know that).

As long as we are jotting idly, Mr. Hum, what is your cruise schedule going forward? Who knows who might show up on one of them?:eek:

In light of recent verbal attacks.

Ho hum's security advisors have suggested not publishing future boardings.

But dear chum, you have ho hum intrigued.

Is the famous Jim "Butch" Avery planning a state visit ?

Naturally ho hum "will sing like a canary" for you dear chap.

You just never know where Sundance and I will appear. I have to check with Sundance as he is the tech guy. I am the people person marketing. :eek:

Appreciate the "clarification" Butch !

Oh are you coming to the UK ? Yee-haw !

Back in Caribbean on 14 Feb for 4 weeks and then do xing in April......after then free...oh pop over to Paris for a few days in late March.

Edited by ho-hum