.......idle jottings

ho-hum

You know that Mr. Hum sometimes has trouble finding his way out of his wine cellar.......It shows in his joke selection.:eek::D

Oh so can you do any better ?

GCMV's one is brilliant but a bit too racy perhaps ..........

I am plenty refined........Or is it distilled??? I forget.

More like pickled !

Sshhhh .......... we better keep our voices down in case the Ragnar police see us !

Well just back from one of Hum's favourite grocers: Fortnum & Mason.

The waiters are in suits with long coat tails and wear ties.

How civilised.

In the basement is a bar. A bottle of their own Blanc de Blanc, Champagne is ordered and a dozen British oysters. Perfect.

We will return tomorrow for 3/4 various vintage marmalades, chutneys, steaks, terrine foie gras etc... (We are staying up in town overnight).

Now off to The Wolsey for din-dins with you know who.

Of course she will tell Blondie she is fabulous and keep "mum" about Hum probably.

Edited by ho-hum

Interesting -- we had oysters for lunch today as well! But, sadly, no champers.

Enjoy your dinner and remind BBC not to leave the most interesting of us on the cutting room floor!

Vandrefalk

Well Lady V it was a great-ish evening last night.

The company was excellent.

She the American executive film producer.

He is an English composer who we discovered also supplements his income being commissioned for soundtrack accompaniments to two British, very popular dramas of former "high society" and nobility !

A fascinating man.

We talked music, music, music !

He works in Abbey Road ! (Beatles crossing zebra crossing is outside).

The Wolsey is a former garage converted to an upmarket gathering (no, not posh). The crowd are what you go for though the food is a basic range of British fare simply presented.

Now you are there to be seen or to gawp !

And there are two camps: the refined, elegant rich or the "Bohemian".

Guess which Hum plumped for ?

You better believe it momma !!!!

They have an impossibly tight bar set inside the doorway and there we ensconced. The barman with white shirts ties and black aprons.

No there was something about this one barman Hum did not like. Surly type from Eastern Europe (Hum names him Igor).

Well to cut a long story short. Hum objected to being ignored, pouring methods and attitude and told him to leave bottle (yes, Champagne) in an ice bucket and we'll do it ourselves. No he was not happy. The ladies were a bit concerned.

And after he had seen the error of his ways and realised Hum had been right all along and what a wonderful Bohemian man Hum was, he came over and sweetly asked if he could top us up.

That would be so kind, Hum says.

And so to dinner.

Not on the general floor but in the sole balcony !

Heads turn as we head to the base of the stairs for the public climb to our rightful place above the "also rans".

A less than good meal Hum must say. Possibly due to poor choices and chatting too much. But excellent service.

Now back to the bar and Igor !

Welcomes Hum like a long lost brother !

Smiles, handshake, full attention......that's better me lad !

A few more drinks and we depart.

Go over to the bar and thank Igor and shake his hand.

No he wants a hug !

And that friends, is man management !

Women. Haven't a ruddy clue !

The girls were happy about the rapprochement. Impressed actually.

And as we walk out in walks Ricky Martin. Shoulders brush. Very handsome. Tall. And demure and modest in his manner. The waitresses are drooling. Some of the waiters are drooling. But then Hum leaves, sorry to disappoint them.

This pist is dedicated to Ragnar.

That's better sir ho-hum, thank you. You see now that ol' Ragnar is also savy in the ways of man management.

Jim, looking forward to the visit, we could use the labor in our expansion project! I see you as a hod-carrier, with ho-hum replanting the beds trampled by the construction workers. Pay will be in the form of Coronas with lime.

While you labor, the ladies can consult to Mrs. D about decorating. They will be paid in very fine California reds.

Anyone else want to visit?

That's better sir ho-hum, thank you. You see now that ol' Ragnar is also savy in the ways of man management.

Jim, looking forward to the visit, we could use the labor in our expansion project! I see you as a hod-carrier, with ho-hum replanting the beds trampled by the construction workers. Pay will be in the form of Coronas with lime.

While you labor, the ladies can consult to Mrs. D about decorating. They will be paid in very fine California reds.

Hi Sundance. Looking forward to the Holiday at Ragnarville. Did I mention my bad back??? You do have Workmen's Comp???? I am more value as a bartender type....:D

Dearest Hum,

I thoroughly enjoyed your postings on the crystal board but do believe you left 99.7% of their regular followers tongue tied and in total and complete shock. Which was most enjoyable for me! Keith is their resident greeter and daily (10x) poster and cordial as they come. You were a visitor from a far away land with different customs. Keep it up!

Hum was dying on the Crystal site !

You could have thrown Hum a friendly hello, old chap.

Glad you enjoyed relishing in Hum's awkward disconnect !

But really ? Really ? 99.7% don't get it ?

Seems awfully specific.

Your research man ! Show Hum the research !

Hum ain't exactly writing Ulysses ! (Yes the James Joyce one).

Of course you know when Hum started off here, there were a few "raised eyebrows" !

Well thank heavens a few chums passed by.

But hasn't it picked up just lately with at least a new guy to CC posting from the actual boat in real time ?

Hum's perseverance pays off ! (That and having a thick skin).

Hum was pleased about that.

Yes Keith is a sweet man as you say but Hum thinks it is a "tight" group.

Hum desperately hopes it is not considered the same here !!!!

So please ANYONE join us. No intelligence required. Just a sense of camaraderie. Oh and we talk and criticise SD sometimes too.......

Come on give it a go....

"Replanting trampled beds" !

The name's Ho Hum not "Big Cissy" !

Really Raggy ! What kinda guy do you think Hum is.....obviously some feeble, aesthete and dilletante !

How right you are !

Treatin' your two best mates like this !

Jim, hod carrying and with his injury !

Really Raggy, what has happened to you man ?

Look, Butch and "very butch" Hum will let this one go for ol times sake.

You should invite Abenaki down and Ganttc's husband....whizzes with internal decoration, fabrics and the like but do they have to be "large pony" proof ?

Hum too is Quite good at the interior designs too and would love to be drinking fine Californian wine with the gals.

So please ANYONE join us. No intelligence required. Just a sense of camaraderie.

I wouldn't have described your skin as thick Ho, "pasty" is more the word I would use. Now, your ankles, they could be described as thick.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

So please ANYONE join us. No intelligence required. Just a sense of camaraderie.

I wouldn't have described your skin as thick Ho, "pasty" is more the word I would use. Now, your ankles, they could be described as thick.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Hum will have you good people out there in Humland know, that Hum's ankles have "turned many heads".

Yours, darling Abenaki have "turned many stomachs" !

Ha Ha Ha Ha (as you say in the "settlements").

And calling Hum's skin "pasty" ?

Nay a taught, ripped, bronzed Adonis is closer.

Oh Abenaki, what have you gone and done ?

Trying to out smart wily Hum.

Have you been at the Amontillado early ?

Or have you been taking those cheap Mexican import, anti-Zika tablets prior to your voyage on SDI ?

Maybe it was going out to that high cultural event the other night and you have become vexed as it was way out of your depth ?

An evening of "mash and jellied eels" with the lads is more your kind of thing.

Or is it caring for that lovely, un-demanding, appreciative chum as he stoically nurses a painful shoulder without complaint ?

Hahahaha

Quick shill for Windstar here, they are having a flash sale of the reverse itinerary of our upcoming cruise. The reverse starts in Aruba on March 12th and is on sale for $700 less pp than ours is currently (though we caught a nice sale in July):

http://www.windstarcruises.com/Cruise/Offers-Pricing/Caribbean/Best-of-the-ABC-Islands/?id=94&sid=17587

Great deal if you've been wanting to try the refurb'd Legend.

I raise the white flag of surrender.

Never retreat; never surrender. Think that was part of a famous speech by a honoured British PM.

Abenaki is as cunning as your namesake: the Coyote !

Abenaki will re-group and return with more "cruel" (and humorous) barbs to "fight" (so to speak) another day.

Truth is, we love to spar.

Quick shill for Windstar here, they are having a flash sale of the reverse itinerary of our upcoming cruise. The reverse starts in Aruba on March 12th and is on sale for $700 less pp than ours is currently (though we caught a nice sale in July):

http://www.windstarcruises.com/Cruise/Offers-Pricing/Caribbean/Best-of-the-ABC-Islands/?id=94&sid=17587

Great deal if you've been wanting to try the refurb'd Legend.

Jim, think Hum has just found the dates we should see what that cellar of Raggy's is like.

Key under mat you say Jim.

Dearest Hum,

I thoroughly enjoyed your postings on the crystal board but do believe you left 99.7% of their regular followers tongue tied and in total and complete shock. Which was most enjoyable for me! Keith is their resident greeter and daily (10x) poster and cordial as they come. You were a visitor from a far away land with different customs. Keep it up!

Would you care to revise your opinion richb21 ?

It seems to have really taken off, n'est pas ?

Would you care to revise your opinion richb21 ?

It seems to have really taken off, n'est pas ?

Yes, I noticed there is a bit more action on the Board for Esprit. The people seem quite nice and Keith is always very helpful with not only Crystal but other Boards.

I very nice gentleman, as I assume you are Hum. I think they like you over there:)

Jim, think Hum has just found the dates we should see what that cellar of Raggy's is like.

Key under mat you say Jim.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwikssy0utfKAhUY8WMKHTR6A_8QtwIITjAH&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXtPiBiMa0TU&usg=AFQjCNFsodOF2ywz6kHVt-xaxgwjf-6X2g

And this song by Jimmy Buffett pretty much describes our stay.:D

Yes, I noticed there is a bit more action on the Board for Esprit. The people seem quite nice and Keith is always very helpful with not only Crystal but other Boards.

I very nice gentleman, as I assume you are Hum. I think they like you over there:)

A truly sweet thing to say from a wonderful lady (but it is for others to confirm or deny Hum is nice: ignore what those in the "settlement" say though).

Mr.P is one lucky man.

Totally agree about Keith.

He made Hum feel welcome and was very kind and that was very much appreciated.

"Manners maketh the man"

Would you care to review your opinion Commander and Richie ?

I stand corrected, but still believe the initial reaction was one of shock and confusion from the visitor from a land far away. Keith, being the gentleman that he is and official crystal greeter of strangers, played his role well, and over time, others realized (or were they deceived??) hum was no danger to their society and way of life.

I stand corrected, but still believe the initial reaction was one of shock and confusion from the visitor from a land far away. Keith, being the gentleman that he is and official crystal greeter of strangers, played his role well, and over time, others realized (or were they deceived??) hum was no danger to their society and way of life.

You are a gentleman richb21 (are you listening Commander ?).

Yes, as Hum has said before, Keith is a charming, kind gentleman.

Hum a deceiver ?

Well really !

But Hum must agree with you though.

The regular (men) were cool (except Keith); not so the ladies (they were the easy going kind whom Hum enjoyed chatting too and Claudia was very informative).

But now Hum is back to ".....idle jottings" but with somewhat less output: so much to do before off on our travels.