Is LMT legit?

Ronsangel

I was researching the same hotel and travel site. Right now I have Hyatt House reserved but it is about 55 more than I can get for Doubletree Suites. I see the main difference is Hyatt House has a free airport shuttle and free breakfast. Does anyone know how much it would cost in a taxi to get to Doubletree from FLL? And is there a quickie place to get a pastry or something to hold me over until we get to the ship that morning?

I was researching the same hotel and travel site. Right now I have Hyatt House reserved but it is about 55 more than I can get for Doubletree Suites. I see the main difference is Hyatt House has a free airport shuttle and free breakfast. Does anyone know how much it would cost in a taxi to get to Doubletree from FLL? And is there a quickie place to get a pastry or something to hold me over until we get to the ship that morning?

We will be at the Doubletree next month for a pre-cruise stay. I have heard that there is a Starbucks nearby and also a Publix grocery store. I don't know about taxi cost.

I had originally booked Embassy Suites for $259/nt but then I got the Doubletree on LMT for $120 so cancelled Embassy. Can't beat that price.

We will be at the Doubletree next month for a pre-cruise stay. I have heard that there is a Starbucks nearby and also a Publix grocery store. I don't know about taxi cost.

I had originally booked Embassy Suites for $259/nt but then I got the Doubletree on LMT for $120 so cancelled Embassy. Can't beat that price.

And that special is now gone for my date as well as the 2nd choice hotel - just overnight both are gone. I was also looking at Springhill Suites since that was complimentary airport and cruise shuttle and breakfast and wifi for 126. Bummed.

I checked out their website and it all looks great. My only issue is that you don't see the hotel names prior to booking, so how do you know if you are at a hotel you want, or in the area close to the port?

We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale the end of November and unlike other ports (for example Port Canaveral), there are not many hotels who offer the stay and cruise package where you can leave your car for the duration of your cruise.

I checked out their website and it all looks great. My only issue is that you don't see the hotel names prior to booking, so how do you know if you are at a hotel you want, or in the area close to the port?

We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale the end of November and unlike other ports (for example Port Canaveral), there are not many hotels who offer the stay and cruise package where you can leave your car for the duration of your cruise.

Call the toll free number on the LMT website. They will tell you which hotel it is and take a few dollars off the price.

One thing that I have done to narrow down the identity of the hotel is to look at the pictures posted.Sometimes the picture of the lobby or the conference rooms will actually show the name;). I also will look up hotels on Tripadvisor and compare the pictures. If LMT will tell you the name then of course that would be easier, but I kind of like the detective work:D

Call the toll free number on the LMT website. They will tell you which hotel it is and take a few dollars off the price.

Thanks! :)

I was actually able to join for free...I LOVE FREE! And when I joined I was able to see the hotel names. I am so excited to have been able to book the Double Tree-Gallery One for our November departure. This was the hotel I was really wanting to book from the get go!

If you want to know the name of the hotel select "Book it" and on the next screen they give you options to add "Activities". Add any one and then "continue" to the next screen and it will tell you the hotel name.

You can see the names once you sign in as a member or by using a tablet. The one I had wanted was off the next day but signing out I still saw it listed but it was one of those that their limit was full and not guaranteed until they "tried" to talk to the vendor so I tried it. I got it within 24 hours. Its at Marriot, a suite, $126, free internet, breakfast, airport shuttle and cruise shuttle. Can't beat it. Maybe I could have gotten it cheaper by calling in but I was so excited to see it again I didn't want to hesitate.

you can use lmtclub.com which is their "club" version to see the hotel names and it's sometimes a few bucks less. The club normally costs money but there's a coupon code to get it for free - right now RETAILMECLUB is the club.

I've used it a few times and have been very satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...

If done 3 days prior, they charge one night price. So its not *FREE* as someone as noted above. So wanted to caution others who might be booking only one night.

Here is the quote from their website:

Room Cancellation Policy

Hotel cancellations or changes made 3 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to a full fare fee

No-show is subjected to a full fare fee

If done 3 days prior, they charge one night price. So its not *FREE* as someone as noted above. So wanted to caution others who might be booking only one night.

Here is the quote from their website:

Room Cancellation Policy

Hotel cancellations or changes made 3 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to a full fare fee

No-show is subjected to a full fare fee

The cancellation is FREE up until 3 days prior to arrival. That's what above mentioned clause means.

You are misreading the policy. :o Their cancellation policy is super liberal for a discount booking site. You WILL be charged on your card for the hotel as soon as you book. HOWEVER if you decide to change hotels or cancel BEFORE 3 days prior to your stay, just call and you will be given a complete refund on your credit card. We have done this enough to know they are very prompt in cancelling the charge. It has shown up on my account within three days at the most. If you wait until one or two days of the planned stay then you will be penalized.

This has NOTHING to do with how many days you have booked for your stay.;) And because of the cancellation policy, it has grown more popular ( for lots of us frequent travelers) than Pl and HW which are non cancellable...period. No grace period.

Edited by eandj