Is LMT legit?

Ronsangel

I'm just learning about the Last Minute Travel website, and wondering if anyone here has a) used them and/or b) had any trouble with them?

Their price for the Doubletree Gallery One (and every other hotel I'm looking at) is substantially lower than the hotel sites and even MVP. I'm a bit of a worrier, so just concerned that they may be too good to be true, or that we'll get attitude or the crappiest room from the hotel because we booked through a third party.

Any thoughts?

Yes, it's legit. I have used it many times for both myself and booking for friends successfully.

I've had friends stay at The Four Seasons in Miami for half of what they were charging per night!

Yes it is great! The generous cancellation policy makes it one of my go-to spots to book. If possible join LMTClub for even a little lower rates. Often there is a "special" to get a membership for free.

Edited by eandj

Next week will be our 3rd time using them and we have saved a good bit of money by booking with them. Just make sure after you book with them that you follow up a few days later with the hotel itself to confirm your reservation since you are dealing with a 3rd party.

Yes it is great! The generous cancellation policy makes it one of my go-to spots to book. If possible join LMTClub for even a little lower rates. Often there is a "special" to get a membership for free.

Agree with this too...they offer free membership often. We also got the best rate for our Embassy Suites 17th St. Fort Lauderdale..for our pre-cruise in October...much better than Hilton MVP. Their (LMTC) cancellation is 3 days prior to arrival..I called the hotel front desk directly and they confirmed my reservation by only giving them my last name...no problems at all.

I'm just learning about the Last Minute Travel website, and wondering if anyone here has a) used them and/or b) had any trouble with them?

Their price for the Doubletree Gallery One (and every other hotel I'm looking at) is substantially lower than the hotel sites and even MVP. I'm a bit of a worrier, so just concerned that they may be too good to be true, or that we'll get attitude or the crappiest room from the hotel because we booked through a third party.

Any thoughts?

We have been using LMT since 2009 twice a year, not only for us but also friends and relatives, with no problem and we are very staisfied with their service and fair cancellation policy. Their prices are very competitive. We have never received a crappy room from any hotel booked through them, on the contrary! For this year we booked the Intercontinental Miami again through LMT.

I've used LMT for the last 4-5 years and have not had a problem at all. After you book through LMT you can even confirm with the hotel and receive a hotel confirmation number as well. Give it a few days after booking so that LMT can transmit your reservation to the hotel system.

Any thoughts?

I've used LMT many times with no problems. In fact I have the Doubletree Gallery One booked for next month at a rate half of what it is on the hotel website. I did call the hotel directly to confirm my reservation and we are good to go.

Thank you all for your feedback! I have just booked the Doubletree Gallery One for less than half the price on their website. Now to start researching things to do in the area (while pretending that I won't just be shopping at the mall!). I will call the hotel in a few days to ensure they have my reservation. Cruise critic members are the BEST travel advisors!

We stayed there 3 years ago and the water taxi stops right at the back of the hotel and we had a great time using that and stopping off at the different places along the way.

Thank you all for your feedback! I have just booked the Doubletree Gallery One for less than half the price on their website. Now to start researching things to do in the area (while pretending that I won't just be shopping at the mall!). I will call the hotel in a few days to ensure they have my reservation. Cruise critic members are the BEST travel advisors!

We loved the hotel. Liked the idea of being able to prepare breakfast in our room and of course its proximity to the mall and water taxi.

You will always see mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. CC input is worth more to me.

Did you like the hotel D&N? Trip Advisor has some mixed reviews, so I always worry...

I did not even realize you were from London. I guess we have a great rivalary in junior hockey as I am a Kitchener Ranger fan which is not good this year and you get to support a memorial cup team with your London Knights.

We also liked the spacious room that we had.

You will enjoy your stay there,

I definitely trust fellow Ontarians more than anyone ;)

Have booked both hotels in FLL and Vancouver and activities. Sometimes activities are good deals, sometimes not but hotels always good deal. Never had a bad room experience. Hint: For a "3 1/2 star" hotel look at the total number of advisor responses and rating and the photos and you can pretty easily identify the hotel being offered.

Since a few people have mentioned tips on how to identify hotels on LMT...I'm confused...when I went into the website, it told me all the hotels. I didn't need to figure anything out. Is that because I joined the club? (For free BTW)

Since a few people have mentioned tips on how to identify hotels on LMT...I'm confused...when I went into the website, it told me all the hotels. I didn't need to figure anything out. Is that because I joined the club? (For free BTW)

Yes if you join the club you view all the info. By the way I joined a year and a half ago and still use the free membership.

Edited by eandj