Feedback for British Isles on Infinity

AF-1

Good Day, My wife and I are looking at doing a 11/12 night British Isle cruise next May. It will be on Infinity. We have never cruised Celebrity; we have only been on Royal Caribbean. If you have feedback for the ship, the itinerary, or the cruise line I would appreciate it. We have plenty of time to make a decision.

Love the Infinity and I'm sure you will enjoy the British Isles itinerary. The ship is perfect IMO because of all the glass for taking in the scenery. I especially like Bistro on Five and Qsine.

This is a port intensive cruise and it may be a bit chilly, so you could forgo a balcony. Most of the time at sea there will be nothing to view from the balcony anyway.

I love the recently added outside cabins on Deck 3112-3144 even numbers. They have huge porthole windows. For the British Isles it is better to be down lower on the ship if you have any motion issues. It will be better for sleeping.

Love the Infinity and I'm sure you will enjoy the British Isles itinerary. The ship is perfect IMO because of all the glass for taking in the scenery. I especially like Bistro on Five and Qsine.

This is a port intensive cruise and it may be a bit chilly, so you could forgo a balcony. Most of the time at sea there will be nothing to view from the balcony anyway.

I love the recently added outside cabins on Deck 3112-3144 even numbers. They have huge porthole windows. For the British Isles it is better to be down lower on the ship if you have any motion issues. It will be better for sleeping.

Thanks for the feedback. My wife does have motion sickness issues; love the feedback about not being able to see anything. We may look at a balcony; just because my wife will sit out there and read; even if she has to wear a jacket or sweater. I see u are from MD. I lived in Upper Marlboro for 20 years.

cheers

Thanks for the feedback. My wife does have motion sickness issues; love the feedback about not being able to see anything. We may look at a balcony; just because my wife will sit out there and read; even if she has to wear a jacket or sweater. I see u are from MD. I lived in Upper Marlboro for 20 years.

cheers

May is a difficult month to judge here in the UK. It can be beautifully temperate with lots of sunshine, or........

We did the British Isles cruise on Infinity last May after doing the TA. It was great.

We plan to do another TA and then a land trip around Britain in a couple of years.

Here is my review of the cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221137

Nice review. What was the temp like during the 11 day cruise? Did u sit on your balcony or was it too cold?

I have been on the Infinity, that's one question you raised. I love the M class ships. They are large but not huge. The public spaces are open and do not feel crowded until passengers line up for the MDR. There are some quirky Concierge class cabins on deck 6 that are a little larger and are sandwiched between or amongst suites. Several years ago they converted some of the Concierge class cabins to Aqua class with added amenities. When the Infinity was enhanced they added cabins on the aft of deck 11. The outside cabins are all Aqua class. The prime cabins are the aft on 11. Aqua class dines in a dedicated restaurant, Blu. It is a step above the MDR. There are also specialty restaurants. I'm not a real fan of the United States restaurant. We ate there twice last year. I much prefer quirky Qsine. It's a cross between a tapas bar and a gourmet restaurant. Then there is Bistro on 5. It specializes in crepes, sandwiches, soups and salads and is great for lunch. There are added fees for the specialty restaurants. One perk for Celebrity is their smoking policy. It is more restrictive than RCI and a real plus for passengers.

Now for the British Isles. Celebrity has several different itineraries. We are on the Harwich to Copenhagen sailing this year, but they also offer an itinerary that only does England, Scotland, Ireland and one of the isles. I have not looked at the '15 itineraries yet so don't know which will be offered in May.

For the time being Celebrity does offer status comparable to your Crown and Anchor status. You cannot build your C & A points with Celebrity or vice versa. but there are perks to enjoy.

I think you will be pleased with Celebrity. We have sailed both lines and feel most comfortable on Celebrity.

ALCPA1, thanks for the feedback; we are looking at the same itinerary that you're going on. Harwich-Copenhagen. Since we are looking at May 2015 we have some time. I look forward to any feedback once you return from your cruise. Cheers

Nice review. What was the temp like during the 11 day cruise? Did u sit on your balcony or was it too cold?

It did not rain much, which is big. I understand that May is not at rainy at other months.

Temps were chilly, not cold, in the low 60s most of the time. Suggest layering with your clothing.

ALCPA1, thanks for the feedback; we are looking at the same itinerary that you're going on. Harwich-Copenhagen. Since we are looking at May 2015 we have some time. I look forward to any feedback once you return from your cruise. Cheers

You may wish to check the 2015/16 deployment thread in the sticky section above, post 52 onwards on page 3 has details. As far as I can see the only around UK sailings are 3 on Silhouette sailing ex Amsterdam starting June 2015. Infinity I believe will be doing an Alaska season.

All resulting of course, from the loss of Century from the fleet.