Adding a baby to my reservation.

Mist_ynight

I just booked a cruise a few weeks ago for next February. I've since found out I'm pregnant. I'm not quite sure wether we're cancelling or if we're going to take the baby. I'm just wondering if we can be in a two person cabin with the baby or would we have to change cabins. We got an awesome aft balcony cabin that I really don't want to give up. Anyone who's travelled with a baby have the answer to this question. The baby will only be around 4 months at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Age requirements for children

Children over six (6) months of age at the date of sailing will be accepted on the following itineraries: Alaska, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Panama Canal.

Only children over the age of one (1) year at the date of sailing will be accepted for the following itineraries: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Indian subcontinent, South America, South Pacific, Hawaii, Tahiti, Transatlantics and world cruises.

As noted above, the baby will be too young to cruise with you.

If the baby had been old enough, you would have had to be in a cabin that accommodates at least three people, as the booking system won't let you add more passengers to a cabin than the cabin's official capacity.

Would you consider leaving the baby at home with someone? I know it's early to think about this, but I have a friend who did this when baby was the same age. She had a sis in law who volunteered even tho her own child was 3 mo old. Everyone survived.

If you decide to wait a couple of months, err on the side of caution (our baby was actually a week late) just to make sure the baby is at least 6 months and days of age (the cruise line will be picky about this). You will have to book a cabin that can take at least three even though it obviously won't take up a regular bed. Each passenger, no matter the age, counts as a "soul."

Another thing you can do is to wait a little longer -- to see how baby sleeps. But I don't buy into this whole "the baby won't remember so it needs to stay with grandma" thing, unless that's what you want to do. Not everyone has a relative they feel comfortable watching their infant for a week (that was our case), and it's been shown that exposing your child to good experiences at an early age is helpful for developing brain synapses. You can always take a ton of photos and then show your kid the photos of his or her have a cute moment with the waiter, etc.

We waited til ours was 23 months of age for a first cruise, but we did take her on day trips (Sea World, Disneyland, Ventura) and they were as fun for us as they were for her.

Be aware regardless of age you will have to pay for a 3rd person fare, Princess does not give any additional discounts for infants.

We have a family cruise scheduled for my inlaws 50th anniversary this summer, the fair for my 1 yoa granddaughter is $874 plus $125 port fees. Pretty outrageous if you ask me but my MIL wanted everyone to go.

Even now, you can still book a future cruise for when the baby will be more than 6 months old. The names will be similar to: Mr. James P. Smith, Mrs. Susan Q. Smith and Baby Smith. Once the child is born and has a legal name, your TA can call it in along with the DOB. So, while you're pregnant, you can still plan ahead of time. Congrats on the baby-to-be!

I just booked a cruise a few weeks ago for next February. I've since found out I'm pregnant. I'm not quite sure wether we're cancelling or if we're going to take the baby. I'm just wondering if we can be in a two person cabin with the baby or would we have to change cabins. We got an awesome aft balcony cabin that I really don't want to give up. Anyone who's travelled with a baby have the answer to this question. The baby will only be around 4 months at the time.

Hello and congrats on your new baby , your new bundle of joy will need to be six months of age for the baby to sail.

Our daughter took her first Princess Cruise at six months of age aswell, that was nine years and 21 Princess Cruises ago for her, she is well on her way to seeing the world with Princess.

Cruising with baby will change everything you know about cruising, your entire cruise style will need to change, the joy of cruising with your baby is priceless.

No price break for baby, outside of the amazing service you will find onboard for you and your baby, Princess sees your baby as a third passenger not a baby.

Book your cruise and when baby is six months sail away, good luck.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Hawks

Hello and congrats on your new baby , your new bundle of joy will need to be six months of age for the baby to sail.

Our daughter took her first Princess Cruise at six months of age aswell, that was nine years and 21 Princess Cruises ago for her, she is well on her way to seeing the world with Princess.

Cruising with baby will change everything you know about cruising, your entire cruise style will need to change, the joy of cruising with your baby is priceless.

No price break for baby, outside of the amazing service you will find onboard for you and your baby, Princess sees your baby as a third passenger not a baby.

Book your cruise and when baby is six months sail away, good luck.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Hawks

:):) go Hawks. (From a former Seattlite, now living closer to the cruise ports in Florida)

Ok, to keep this on topic, congratulations! Don't forget, when you cruise with baby you will need to take your own diapers, formula and baby food.

We have a family cruise scheduled for my inlaws 50th anniversary this summer, the fair for my 1 yoa granddaughter is $874 plus $125 port fees. Pretty outrageous if you ask me but my MIL wanted everyone to go.

Plus the daily gratuity charge.

At least being only 1 year old she is unlikely to make big purchases in the boutiques.

We waited til ours was 23 months of age for a first cruise...

Good idea ... the medical facilities onboard may not be able to meet the needs of an infant if anything goes wrong.

Having taken the Ensenada to San Diego ambulance shore excursion, we likely wouldn't recommend travel further south than that with an infant. If traveling further into Mexico or even into Alaska additional evacuation coverage might be worth exploring.

Be aware regardless of age you will have to pay for a 3rd person fare, Princess does not give any additional discounts for infants.

Plus Hotel Charge of $11.50 per night.

Thanks, I've booked several cruises for my gf (whose daughter was about 8 months old when they took the cruise) so I know how expensive it can be.

I have people I can trust to leave the baby with, but after 6 years of trying I doubt I'll be letting my little one out of my sight for more then a night out.

I'm waiting to do anything cause you never know. It's still very early. I have until Dec 8th to cancel.

Another thing you can do is to wait a little longer -- to see how baby sleeps. But I don't buy into this whole "the baby won't remember so it needs to stay with grandma" thing' date=' unless that's what you want to do. Not everyone has a relative they feel comfortable with[/quote']

I've never bought into that either. You remember the experience that you had with your child. We took our 21 month old twins to Walt Disney World. So many people said that they wouldn't do it the boys won't remember. My Grandmother went with us because she really wanted to see Disney World with them. It worked out great as we spent an easy paced day in the parks and she looked after them in the evening so my DH and I could return and do the rides that weren't toddler friendly. We have such wonderful memories of that trip. The boys are now 23 and my Grandmother left us 10 years ago. We are so glad we didn't let others change our minds. Rebook your cruise when your baby is old enough and you are comfortable travelling with them, congratulations and all the best to you!

I agree it's crazy, I guess their way or looking at it is they could sell that spot to an adult that would bring in more revenue buying things onboard.

As far as I can remember, we've always been able to get the third passenger rate for our girl, even on holiday cruises.

Good idea ... the medical facilities onboard may not be able to meet the needs of an infant if anything goes wrong.

Having taken the Ensenada to San Diego ambulance shore excursion, we likely wouldn't recommend travel further south than that with an infant. If traveling further into Mexico or even into Alaska additional evacuation coverage might be worth exploring.

Our daughter's first cruise was the Baja one to Ensenada. We didn't even go beyond the marketplace at the pier. There has been some ports on which she has stayed with the kids' program during that time. Usually then, we try to stay within the port town area.