Wanted to ask a neutral audience... which cruise?

DH and I (both 34 yrs old) want to do a short/inexpensive cruise for our anniversary in a few months. Which would you choose? We LOVE royal caribbean but a 3-night is $350-$500 more than these two...

1. MSC Divina - 2 night to bahamas. Brand new ship, never been on MSC, only $487 total for the 2 of us.

2. Caribbean Princess - 3 night to bahamas. Never been on Princess, $618 total for the 2 of us.

Has anyone been on these lines and/or these ships?

I guess we would be pretty neutral on your topic. Personally I have not cruised either of the lines you mentioned, but I have friends who have cruised MSC and were not happy. Have other friends who have taken Princess cruises and really like the line. DW is leaving on a Princess cruise this week. Take that second hand hearsay info for what it's worth. More importantly, (1) the Princess cruise is cheaper per day and you get an extra day -- extra days on vacation are always a good thing; and (2) there is that whole TV Show [the Love Boat] thing -- who knows, you might get to meet Capt. Stubing, Vicki, Julie, Isaac and/or Gopher on Princess.

Enjoy which ever you choose.

Out of the two, I would choose Princess. I would not be interested in a two night cruise at all even if i lived near the port. In fact, I said I would never do a 3 night cruise again. Just way too short.

DH and I (both 34 yrs old) want to do a short/inexpensive cruise for our anniversary in a few months. Which would you choose? We LOVE royal caribbean but a 3-night is $350-$500 more than these two...

1. MSC Divina - 2 night to bahamas. Brand new ship, never been on MSC, only $487 total for the 2 of us.

2. Caribbean Princess - 3 night to bahamas. Never been on Princess, $618 total for the 2 of us.

I have sailed with Princess, even though, I have done a ton of research about MSC Divina. Both ships seem to be very similar (pools, decor, size of ship, etc) Which ports is Princess visiting??? I would personally take Princess for the reasons:

1. One more day

2. I've heard/read reviews of MSC''s food not being up to pair with other cruiselines.

3. Basically with MSC you only have 1 entire day to enjoy. By the time you start enjoying MSC's cruising atmosphere you're already back.

There is no sort of a neutral audience on this Forum No way No shape. No how

They're asking about other cruise lines, so I disagree.

The way I look at short cruises...a 2 night cruise is basically a 1 day cruise. I say this due to the chaos of embarkation and debarking days, leaving only 1 day of relaxation. A 3 night cruise is basically a 2 day cruise. For that reason, I recommend Princess.

I'm assuming you're asking on this board because you like the RCI product. If that's the case, you should be happy with Princess. Of the 5 cruise lines I've sailed, I think RCI and Princess are the most similar to one another. I have not sailed MSC though, so really can't comment on them.

You said short and inexpensive, even though Princess is an extra day, I would choose #1 because, you can experience a line you haven't been on, be on a brand new boat, and you will spend less money overall, still getting a short getaway to remember.

We did go on Caribbean Princess last year for our anniversary and had a great time on it. Nice ship, no complaints. I am sure MSC would be equally as nice.

Happy Anniversary, enjoy what ever decision you make.

The way I look at short cruises...a 2 night cruise is basically a 1 day cruise. I say this due to the chaos of embarkation and debarking days, leaving only 1 day of relaxation. A 3 night cruise is basically a 2 day cruise. For that reason, I recommend Princess.

I know you really do get 1 full day on a 2-night, we've done it once before on carnival. We really just want a quick, cheap getaway to relax, lay on the beach for a day, get a few nice meals, gamble, drink and sleep in past 6am 2 days in a row (not getting woken up by 2 adorable girls).. lol

I guess one of the main reasons I didn't automatically choose the longer 3-night on princess is b/c it's during on memorial day weekend. Don't like to be away from our 2 girls on holidays/long weekends like that, usually there are family parties, etc... so we're torn!

Enchantment or Majesty won't work out for you? They can have some amazing rates on those 2!

FWIW While in Roatan last year, we met some people on an MSC ship and they thought it was very nice.

Edited by clean1owner

I would do the MSC, have not cruised MSC in a while, but I found Caribbean Princess too crowded for me, Princess increased the amount of cabins but not the size of show rooms etc, so we were unable to get seats for most of the nightly shows. I been on dozens of ships and that and her sister ship "Crown" were only ones I felt crowded on. So I stopped sailing Princess ( did not have problem with Grand Princess)

When is the MSC cruise? I didn't see another short cruise on that ship on it's itinerary.

I'd go with the Princess cruise unless your entire point in going is to set foot on an MSC ship and see what they're all about. I'd consider doing that myself if I lived close enough.

If you're actually going to enjoy a short cruise I'd take the extra day with Princess. 2 nights is just so short...

Out of the two, I would choose Princess. I would not be interested in a two night cruise at all even if i lived near the port. In fact, I said I would never do a 3 night cruise again. Just way too short.

I'd go with the Princess cruise unless your entire point in going is to set foot on an MSC ship and see what they're all about. I'd consider doing that myself if I lived close enough.

If you're actually going to enjoy a short cruise I'd take the extra day with Princess. 2 nights is just so short...

Another vote for 3 days vs. 2, especially since the price per day is less for the 3 day.

Just checked on the RCCL site, at the moment I can book a 4 night on Vision of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale in late April for 2 in an oceanview room for $664.56 including all taxes. So my question is, if you LOVE Royal as you say, why not do that instead of either of your listed choices??

Just checked on the RCCL site, at the moment I can book a 4 night on Vision of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale in late April for 2 in an oceanview room for $664.56 including all taxes. So my question is, if you LOVE Royal as you say, why not do that instead of either of your listed choices??

Can't be away 4 nights (that would be 2 days off work, plus we have 2 little ones at home) and it's too short notice for work. 3 is the max we want to go for and the 3-day princess is over memorial day wknd so would only have to take a 1/2 day or 1 full day off work.

I guess one of the main reasons I didn't automatically choose the longer 3-night on princess is b/c it's during on memorial day weekend. Don't like to be away from our 2 girls on holidays/long weekends like that, usually there are family parties, etc... so we're torn!

Can't be away 4 nights (that would be 2 days off work, plus we have 2 little ones at home) and it's too short notice for work. 3 is the max we want to go for and the 3-day princess is over memorial day wknd so would only have to take a 1/2 day or 1 full day off work.

Sounds like the 2 night is for you. 4 is too long and the 3 is over memorial day and you don't want to do that.