Tote bag 2014

cruiseaholic78

I don't like to say anything negative but the quality of the bags for the regular verandah cabins is not very good. The bag was okay but didn't last on the way home with some things in it and they were not heavy. It was okay for going off the ship and putting water bottles and a few souvenirs in it but the straps gave way and the zipper broke when we actually needed it the most. Take you own sturdy handled tote bag.

I don't like to say anything negative but the quality of the bags for the regular verandah cabins is not very good. The bag was okay but didn't last on the way home with some things in it and they were not heavy. It was okay for going off the ship and putting water bottles and a few souvenirs in it but the straps gave way and the zipper broke when we actually needed it the most. Take you own sturdy handled tote bag.

My tote bag was fine. Had a zipper on top and was fairly sturdy. Nice navy blue color, too. It was not terribly large, but it was useful

Still the same after 4 cruises. Not LV but you should see what a suite will get you on Princess' date=' tote bag wise - looked like a grocery store give away. ACC totes are fine, we still use them post-cruise.[/quote']

Maybe we were too rough with our tote bag....LOL. X's tote was worse than Azamara's...no zipper and not made very well.

I still plan on taking my own tote for our next cruises. If they have to cut corners, I would rather see them do it on things like tote bags, etc and not on food and other amenities. ;)

I find the bag very serviceable. The big change is that the Azamara logo and the words Azamara Club Cruises appear in large type on one side. The previous version was plain, with a discrete beige leather tag (removable) blind embossed with the Azamara logo. (Think Coach bag logo)

If you don't want to be a walking billboard, you just carry the bag with the logo side facing your body.;)

Maybe we were too rough with our tote bag....LOL. X's tote was worse than Azamara's...no zipper and not made very well.

I still plan on taking my own tote for our next cruises. If they have to cut corners, I would rather see them do it on things like tote bags, etc and not on food and other amenities. ;)

It's the Celebrity laundry bag which has no zipper and it's designed for carrying your swimsuits and towels on shore days. If you were using it for any other purpose than that, well, yes it's not going to last too long. The normal tote bag is quite similar to the Longchamp Pliage bag. I use mine as carry-on and not a one of them has failed me.

The Celebrity suite bag is really nice. It folds up into a little purse. Easy to throw into a suit case and the little outer bag can be used on its own.

The "big deal" ;) Celebrity canvas tote bag with the zipper is my favorite. That's the one that you get for winning progressive trivia or for participating in one of the games with an audience.

It's the Celebrity laundry bag which has no zipper and it's designed for carrying your swimsuits and towels on shore days. If you were using it for any other purpose than that, well, yes it's not going to last too long. The normal tote bag is quite similar to the Longchamp Pliage bag. I use mine as carry-on and not a one of them has failed me.

I did not use the laundry bag for a tote bag :mad:....I do know the difference between a laundry bag and a tote bad. :rolleyes: I think we're all entitled to our opinion of what is or what is not a "quality" tote bag.

I did not use the laundry bag for a tote bag :mad:....I do know the difference between a laundry bag and a tote bad. :rolleyes: I think we're all entitled to our opinion of what is or what is not a "quality" tote bag.

True, but one has a zipper and one doesn't. ;)

Anyway, to get back to the OP's question, the Azamara bag is sturdy and lined and it does a great job holding all the souvenirs we buy at all the wonderful ports the ship brings us. It's a nice little freebie we're given.

True, but one has a zipper and one doesn't. ;)

Anyway, to get back to the OP's question, the Azamara bag is sturdy and lined and it does a great job holding all the souvenirs we buy at all the wonderful ports the ship brings us. It's a nice little freebie we're given.

True about the zipper. Lined? Our bag was not lined :confused:....hmmmmm....I'll have to check that out next fall. Maybe that's why our's didn't hold up.

I've definitely got a case cabin fever here...this winter has been way too long and way too cold. I've got the fever to get back in a cabin on a cruise ship....mainly Azamara. ;)

And, to the OP...enjoy your cruise. If the only worry you have is a tote bag, then I would say you'll have a fantastic cruise.

Hi Everyone,

You know it's a slow Azamara news day, when the hot topic on this forum concerns tote bags :).

I couldn't tell you anything about what my last complimentary Azamara tote bag looked like - though I purchased several great looking white and (I think) navy striped Azamara tote bags in Journey's Gift Shop, in 2011. My family members thought they were beautiful... or at least that's what they told me :)

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

You know it's a slow Azamara news day, when the hot topic on this forum concerns tote bags :).

I couldn't tell you anything about what my last complimentary Azamara tote bag looked like - though I purchased several great looking white and (I think) navy striped Azamara tote bags in Journey's Gift Shop, in 2011. My family members thought they were great... or at least that's what they told me :)

I'm sorry Andy! Cabin fever and brutal winter have made me less than cordial! The thing is that Azamara spoiled me so much that I am anxious to add yet another tote to my collection. We sail two months from now and I can't wait to get back. ;)

I'm sorry Andy! Cabin fever and brutal winter have made me less than cordial! The thing is that Azamara spoiled me so much that I am anxious to add yet another tote to my collection. We sail two months from now and I can't wait to get back. ;)

I know Deidre, it's ok. I speak with my relatives in the Northeast nearly every day. The weather is driving them crazy, and they are miserable. My guess is - more folks will be looking to cruise for the remainder of 2014 and probably 2015. We'll see.

On the bright side.... it's March - and we can hope the weather will improve very soon !

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't tell you anything about what my last complimentary Azamara tote bag looked like - though I purchased several great looking white and (I think) navy striped Azamara tote bags in Journey's Gift Shop, in 2011. My family members thought they were beautiful... or at least that's what they told me :)

Thanks for the laugh, Andy. It has been a little slow on the forum....at least we have a hot topic...finally. ;) :D Thanks for the humor...we're waiting for yet another snowstorm :eek:...yuk!

I certainly started something unexpected here, I know it's not breaking news or anything but the reason I asked sweet and simple is because I am sorting out packing for my Azamara cruise on Monday and needed to know wether to bring our own or not. We always take something similar for swimming stuff etc and last time it was not needed because Azamara were so kind to provide one. A bit more space for an extra shirt is always welcome she sighs looking at the piles of stuff knowing full well that half will go back unworn and remember the CC motto.

Half the stuff and twice the money.

Must go things to pack etc.

Rosalyn

True about the zipper. Lined? Our bag was not lined :confused:....hmmmmm....I'll have to check that out next fall. Maybe that's why our's didn't hold up.

The tote bag we were given on Journey's February 17 cruise is lined, zippered, and very handy.

What can we complain about next? The little wallet they give us for our cardkey? Maybe the cotton balls?