Earliest flight time in Fort Lauderdale?

rdevine10

Considering another cruise later this year and there is a GREAT price on the 11:15 flight home. Of course, Im not sure if thats too early! Opinions? Cruise would be of of Fort Lauderdale and flight would be too.

Thanks!

Edited by rdevine10

we've booked flights home at 11 and have had no problems. we usually look for flights 11 am or later, so you should be good. just make sure you have an early debark # or do self assist. you also have to show proof to carnival about your flight time if you get an earlier debark #.

It's possible to catch this flight if: ship arrival is on time, disembarkment is not held up, you self disembark immediately and catch a cab to FLL, the airport check-in and TSA line is quick at this busy time at the airport. Way too close for my liking, but good luck. :)

Considering another cruise later this year and there is a GREAT price on the 11:15 flight home. Of course, Im not sure if thats too early! Opinions? Cruise would be of of Fort Lauderdale and flight would be too.

Thanks!

We always book 11:00'ish flights when we fly/sail Ft. Lauderdale. The port and airport are so close that they are visible from each other. The taxi ride took all of six minutes and cost $10.00.

Opinion? Go for it.

Not within Carnival's guidelines but definitely doable if everything is running smoothly. We've been able to catch flights as early as 9:30am (on standby) and even had some friends who debarked from the Allure yesterday and got on an 8:15am flight.

Only word of caution: If you've purchased travel insurance and for some reason you miss your flight, the insurance WILL NOT cover you if you've booked a flight earlier than Carnival's guidelines. You'll be responsible for all costs associated with rebooking your flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Freedom last Dec and was through customs by 7:15am. We were F2F and did self-checkout. So, we could have made the airport by NLT 7:45am. However, we were driving and were in the rental car before 8am (since the place opened (early) around 7:45). :)

So, if the ship arrives on schedule, and you self-checkout, you should have no problem making an 11:15 flight.

We have booked a 10:55 return flight, from FLL, getting off the Breeze in Miami.

Last year, we booked at 5pm, just because we wanted a non-stop.

We were AT the airport at 9am, and yes, we sat there until 5pm.

Couldn't get anything earlier on standby:mad::mad:

Not doing that again this year........:D:D

We'll take the chance..:rolleyes:

We always book 11:00'ish flights when we fly/sail Ft. Lauderdale. The port and airport are so close that they are visible from each other. The taxi ride took all of six minutes and cost $10.00.

Opinion? Go for it.

Same here, just get off ASAP as there are long lines going thru TSA due to all the cruise ships.

We made an 11:50 from the Miami port out of FLL with time to kill...should be no problem.

We made it to FLL from Miami by 8:30 last year! I was glad I had booked an 11am flight. True, we did self assist, had prearranged transportation, and the ship did arrive early.

I personally would not have a problem booking an 11:15 flight out of FLL arriving into Port Everglades. You have to remember that when Carnival posts 11:30, they are covering their butt. Nothing good would happen if they posted a time that many people could not meet. I am sure that over 99% of the cruisers do not have a problem with 11:15. However, I am not you, and I do not know how much risk you are willing to accept. If you need iron clad guarantees, book a later flight. If you can accept a small level of risk, book the earlier one. Your call.

From FLL you should be ok, I'd be leery with MIA cruises doing this in the winter. Summer/fall is a whole other thing as it's off season in South Florida and there area also fewer ships. Jan/Feb check the number of ships between FLL and MIA and plan for long lines.

I stood in the longest security line I've EVER been in anywhere in the FLL airport after a January cruise last year. The line was over an hour just to get up to the screening area and wound all over the airport. I was glad our flight wasn't until 1 or 2pm on that one or we'd never have made it.

Opinion? Go for it.

My taxi must have taken the long way. $24!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a noon flight after our RCI cruise last month and were at the airport by 8:30. Not enough time to do an excursion but plenty of time to sit around waiting. I don't think you will have a problem unless there are issues with your ship coming in on time or getting off.

Be prepared for FLL airport. Very unorganized and security doesn't get in a hurry. Worst airport I've seen. We flew out in February on Delta. They had 3 flights within an hour. We got there at 3:45 am, they didn't open up till 4:30 am for all the flights. We made in on our plane finally at 5:30 for our 5:55 am flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last cruise in Nov, it was a four hour long line just to go through security. Next time we stay an extra night in FLL. It was incredibly horrible. The line went from security down the very long hall to baggage claim!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In December we had an 11:50 flight coming from Port of Miami to FLL. We booked MJS shuttle and they were great, we disembarked at 8:00am and had not problems. We got to the airport at 9:15am. There was another family on the shuttle with an 11am flight and they also made it. The TSA lines were very long, but they let the TSA agents know what time their flight was and the agents would bring people to the front that had earlier flights.

I'm super bummed. We dont sail until Oct but the 2 flights back on Southwest have now been sold out. Now the latest flight back is a 920 AM :eek: Back to the drawing boards looking at flights. I was hoping to wait til april to book them as we have an extra pay check but now I'm worried I need to book the first thing I find.