afternoon tea on p & o

My sister finished a cruise on the Pacific Pearl this morning and told me they no longer serve afternoon tea on P&O, surely this can't be true :mad:.

I haven't cruised with them recently so I hope someone can say P&O have not broken the tradition of serving tea and scones in the afternoon. :)

My sister finished a cruise on the Pacific Pearl this morning and told me they no longer serve afternoon tea on P&O, surely this can't be true :mad:.

I haven't cruised with them recently so I hope someone can say P&O have not broken the tradition of serving tea and scones in the afternoon. :)

to my knowledge p&o have never had afternoon tea in the last 7 years, are you you don't mean princess as its served in the dining room in the afternoon

something i didn't know that they had afternoon tea on the Pearl

Just checked the date we sailed on the Pearl it was April - May 2012, they still served afternoon tea in the restaurant then, but only on sea days.

I first sailed on a P&O ship in 1963, they served afternoon tea at that time.:)

I have enjoyed afternoon tea in the dining room on P&O ships in the past.

During our recent Princess cruise, we were discussing afternoon tea in the dining room and someone remarked that P&O don't do that anymore because not enough people went along to it. They said the last time they went to afternoon tea on a P&O ship they were the only people in the dining room.

I have enjoyed afternoon tea in the dining room on P&O ships in the past.

During our recent Princess cruise, we were discussing afternoon tea in the dining room and someone remarked that P&O don't do that anymore because not enough people went along to it. They said the last time they went to afternoon tea on a P&O ship they were the only people in the dining room.

As of October 2013 no afternoon tea.

We went once in 2008. Other than that first time, never been.

Never did understand this concept of "high tea" -- sounds and looks to me like simply an expensive cup of tea with a couple of small cakes and sandwiches thrown in.

Barry

Its aimed at those who eat late...

its a long time from lunch ......till dinner ..:D