Disney Cruise with 2 Years Kid

Krish007

I have reserved Disney Cruise from Port Canaveral, FL. This is my first time cruise, I need your help to manage ground transportation. I will be arriving MCO airport 2 days in advance.

How should I manage the Ground transportation from MCO airport to Cruise boarding with Rental car + Hotel services?

What are the other possibilities do I have to manage the Transportation as I may need a Child Car Seat?

If you can share your experience with kids about how did you manage, it will be great help. I will get some idea about how to manage. Thanks in advance.

the hotel you stay at will almost certainly have a shuttle offered. car seats are not required but if you want your child in one you will need to provide it in most cases. some services will have them if you arrange for them in advance. Hotel shuttles are generally free, services can cost $20 or more each leg.

many hotels often offer stay and cruise options.. where they will arrange pick up at the airport, bring you to the hotel and then transport you to the cruise terminal on embarkation day. getting back to the airport you will have to negotiate further if not staying the night at the hotel again, or just take a cabin from the terminal.

Florida law requires the use of an appropriate child restraint. If you rent a car, you will need to use the car seat.

[url]http://www.dmvflorida.org/seat-belt-laws.shtml[/url]

However, a hotel shuttle is excluded from this law. Then, it's your job to bring the seat and keep your child safe:

[I]The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation. It is the obligation and responsibility of the parent, guardian, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare, as defined in s. 39.01(47), to comply with the requirements of this section[/I] Edited by 6rugrats

Since you will have 2 days prior to the cruise, I would advise a car rental! It will make getting around much easier...and you can arrange to drop it near the port, with a shuttle to the ship. Port is about 45 mins.-1 hour from Orlando....so having a vehicle would be very convenient. You can bring your own car seat....it's not counted as "luggage" on your flight....you may want to use it on the plane, too! Depending on what you will do in your ports, you might need it then, also.

[quote name='Algebralovr']Have you looked into Disney's Magical Express? It is a motor coach, and they show Disney movies on the way.[/quote]

that would only work if the hotel they are staying at prior is on site at Disney.

[quote name='Algebralovr']Have you looked into Disney's Magical Express? It is a motor coach, and they show Disney movies on the way.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spookwife']that would only work if the hotel they are staying at prior is on site at Disney.[/QUOTE]

Actually the Magical Express is a free shuttle service that runs from MCO to WDW resorts (and back). You can use if you are staying at a WDW resort.

DCL transfers from either MCO to port or a WDW resort to port have a cost. $35.00 each way per person.

I do agree that it's a nice way to go. Edited by Shmoo here

I would not bring your own car seat. The cabins on the Fantasy are roomy, but it would be cumbersome to have to store your own car seat the duration of your cruise. Since you are going to be in Orlando/Port Canaveral area for two days prior to cruise departure, I would definitely rent a car. You can rent a car seat for aprox $13 per day (which in my opinion is worth it). You can take a shuttle from the car rental place or your hotel. I have had a pretty good experience at the Country Inn Port Canaveral, if you are looking for something very close to the port (and family friendly). We opted to call a taxi for $10 to take the short ride to port, because we were too excited to wait in the line for the shuttle. If you are flying home right after disembarking, I would suggest the magical express to the airport. It was so handy. They took our bags the last night of the cruise, and we didn't have to deal with our baggage until we arrived at our home airport.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me. Your experience was really helpful to build my confidence level. I am now very eager to take my cruise with my 2 years old son.

Thanks again