Design the Perfect Cruise

Thought it might be a fun game to play. I often look at RC itineraries and wish I could tweak them just a little to make them "perfect" in my eyes.

What would be your perfect RC cruise? What ship? Sailing out of what port? Visiting what ports? How many sea days? Etc.

This is fun haha.. :)

8 nights on Liberty (or oasis/allure, but haven't sailed on them yet)

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 2 Sea day

Day 3 Sea day

Day 4 Costa Rica

Day 5 Sea day

Day 6 Aruba

Day 7 Puerto Rico

Day 8 Sea day

Day 9 Ft. Lauderdale

4 sea days, 3 islands

Radiance Class from San Diego to Hawaii 21 nights. No Mexico stop to comply with Jones Act/PVSA as I would repeal both.

Offer a special "dine the islands" program featuring some of the top local restaurants for lunches and dinners ashore included with the cruise fare - one meal per day per passenger. Free shuttles in ports to major shopping/dining areas/beaches. Lots of Hawaiian cultural experiences onboard both during daytime and evening on sea days.

1 Depart San Diego

2 Sea day

3 Sea day

4 Sea day

5 Sea day

6 Sea day

7 Hilo 7am-10pm

8 Oahu arrive 7am

9 Oahu

10 Oahu depart 10pm

11 Kauai arrive 7am

12 Kauai depart 10pm

13 Maui arrive 7am

14 Maui

15 Maui depart 10pm

16 Kona 7am-10pm

17 Sea day

18 Sea day

19 Sea day

20 Sea day

21 Sea day

22 Arrive San Diego

Just reading the thread title, I knew MY answer - but then the OP said "perfect RC cruise" in the post, so that eliminated my bareboat catamaran charter in the Virgins with 2 or 3 other couples. :)

BUT, I do like Scott's idea! :)

Radiance Class from San Diego to Hawaii 21 nights. No Mexico stop to comply with Jones Act/PVSA as I would repeal both.

Offer a special "dine the islands" program featuring some of the top local restaurants for lunches and dinners ashore included with the cruise fare - one meal per day per passenger. Free shuttles in ports to major shopping/dining areas/beaches. Lots of Hawaiian cultural experiences onboard both during daytime and evening on sea days.

1 Depart San Diego

2 Sea day

3 Sea day

4 Sea day

5 Sea day

6 Sea day

7 Hilo 7am-10pm

8 Oahu arrive 7am

9 Oahu

10 Oahu depart 10pm

11 Kauai arrive 7am

12 Kauai depart 10pm

13 Maui arrive 7am

14 Maui

15 Maui depart 10pm

16 Kona 7am-10pm

17 Sea day

18 Sea day

19 Sea day

20 Sea day

21 Sea day

22 Arrive San Diego

Here is mine, it's not realistic b/c the ship is too big for the ports and RC doesn't go to Turks & Caicos, but I can only dream, right!? I'd call it the "Bermuda & Saints" cruise.

Ship:Oasis/Allure, 14-nights

Home Port: Baltimore (I can drive there so it's cheap to get to!)

Day 1: Leave Baltimore

Day 2: at sea

Day 3: Bermuda

Day 4: Bermuda

Day 5: at sea

Day 6: at sea

Day 7: St. Thomas

Day 8: St. Maarten

Day 9: St. Croix

Day 10: St. Kitts

Day 11:at sea

Day 12: Turks & Caicos

Day 13: at sea

Day 14:at sea

Day 15: back to Baltimore

Here is mine, it's not realistic b/c the ship is too big for the ports and RC doesn't go to Turks & Caicos, but I can only dream, right!? I'd call it the "Bermuda & Saints" cruise.

Ship:Oasis/Allure, 14-nights

Home Port: Baltimore (I can drive there so it's cheap to get to!)

Day 1: Leave Baltimore

Day 7: St. Thomas

Day 8: St. Maarten

Day 9: St. Croix

Day 10: St. Kitts

Day 11:at sea

Day 12: Turks & Caicos

Day 13: at sea

Day 14:at sea

Day 15: back to Baltimore

This would be a dream for me too! I live less than an hour from Baltimore, but have never cruised out of there because I'm totally spoiled by the big ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any big ship....Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Independence.

14-16 days

Leaving from any Florida port...we have to fly a long way from Las Vegas, so it doesn't matter.

Hitting lots of islands, including Aruba and Barbados.

Costa Rica would be a nice addition.

Then the next cruise is a Transatlantic ending in Venice.

14-16 days.

The perfect Back to Back cruise!

This would be a dream for me too! I live less than an hour from Baltimore, but have never cruised out of there because I'm totally spoiled by the big ships.

I would settle for Freedom in Baltimore - no need to get greedy for Oasis class ship :).

Ideal cruise would be Southhampton, Boston, NYC, and Baltimore, with overnights in Boston and NYC - England, so we have ride home after long weekend in London, Boston overnight so we could see family, NYC overnight so could see Broadway show, and Baltimore so we could drive home...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I would settle for Freedom in Baltimore - no need to get greedy for Oasis class ship :).

Ideal cruise would be Southhampton, Boston, NYC, and Baltimore, with overnights in Boston and NYC - England, so we have ride home after long weekend in London, Boston overnight so we could see family, NYC overnight so could see Broadway show, and Baltimore so we could drive home...lol.

I

I would too!! I sailed on the FOS 3 times and I loved it. I would even be happy with a Voyager class, but I'm not sure I would be interested in spending more than 3-4 days on anything smaller than that.

(1) I am not particular about ship -- as long as it has the Flowrider.

(2) I would like it to leave from Port Everglades or Miami for a 7 day Southern Caribbean -- whatever ports are fine.

(3) I would like NO Formal night in the MDR -- Have a special dinner option available for one night for those who want a Formal Dress Dinner Event, RSVP required for this event (no extra charge -- it will be the MDR menu). Put it in a separate area of the dining room, if one of the specialty restaurants or another location cannot be found to accommodate.

Just me -- I could do away with the Formal nights....just fine.

Mine is also not realistic, but hey, its "my" perfect cruise :D

Ship:Oasis Class with Quantum perks, such as North Star, and RipCord

Home Port: Baltimore

Day 1: Baltimore

Day 7: at sea

Day 8: Aruba

Day 9: at sea

Day 10: Grand Cayman (with dock)

Day 11: Jamaica

Day 12: at sea

Day 13: St Lucia

Day 14: St Kitts

Day 15: St Marteen

Day 16: at sea

Day 17: Key West

Day 18: at sea

Day 19: at sea

Day 20: Baltimore

9 sea days 9 port days

One can wish/dream right?:)

I would imagine the height of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge would limit the size ship. Been a long time since I lived in that area, don't remember if harbor is big enough and deep enough for Freedom or Oasis class ships.

lol....this was our perfect cruise, not realistic ones :). At least two bridges would need to be raised or destroyed, perhaps the channel would need to be deepened, and a new terminal would need to be built. But we can dream. :)

I would imagine the height of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge would limit the size ship. Been a long time since I lived in that area, don't remember if harbor is big enough and deep enough for Freedom or Oasis class ships.

Yeah, that's why it's just a wish/dream. I know it will never happen :(

I'm going to keep it simple. This itinerary is strictly for convenience, not because it's what I dream about:

Radiance class ship

7 nights

Day 1 - SAVANNAH, GA (yes, I live in GA! :))

Day 2 - At Sea

Day 3 - Key West

Day 4 - At Sea

Day 5 - Grand Cayman

Day 6 - Costa Maya

Day 7 - At Sea

Day 8 - SAVANNAH, GA

And before someone says that it won't work, NCL used to have a similar itinerary from Charleston, SC a few years back.

It would be nice to sail on a Royal ship, to the Caribbean, from a port of embarkation near home. Right now, the closest ship to us sails to Freeport and Nassau. Yuck! :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

(1) I am not particular about ship -- as long as it has the Flowrider.

(2) I would like it to leave from Port Everglades or Miami for a 7 day Southern Caribbean -- whatever ports are fine.

(3) I would like NO Formal night in the MDR -- Have a special dinner option available for one night for those who want a Formal Dress Dinner Event, RSVP required for this event (no extra charge -- it will be the MDR menu). Put it in a separate area of the dining room, if one of the specialty restaurants or another location cannot be found to accommodate.

Just me -- I could do away with the Formal nights....just fine.

Ah, choices! :) We could care less about the Flowrider, and definitely want the Formal Nights - except actually enforced coat/tie (tux optional.) :cool: Actually though, your idea of an RSVP option apart from the rest of MDR is an interesting idea!

I do like your idea of Southern Caribbean from Everglades or Miami - I guess the reason you don't see that is too hard to construct a 7 day itinerary that gets down there from Miami and still has enough ports to be interesting?

Edited by LetsGetWet!

I'm going to keep it simple. This itinerary is strictly for convenience, not because it's what I dream about:

Radiance class ship

7 nights

Day 1 - SAVANNAH, GA (yes, I live in GA! :))

Day 2 - At Sea

Day 3 - Key West

Day 4 - At Sea

Day 5 - Grand Cayman

Day 6 - Costa Maya

Day 7 - At Sea

Day 8 - SAVANNAH, GA

And before someone says that it won't work, NCL used to have a similar itinerary from Charleston, SC a few years back.

It would be nice to sail on a Royal ship, to the Caribbean, from a port of embarkation near home. Right now, the closest ship to us sails to Freeport and Nassau. Yuck! :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Now we are talking!

Thought it might be a fun game to play. I often look at RC itineraries and wish I could tweak them just a little to make them "perfect" in my eyes.

What would be your perfect RC cruise? What ship? Sailing out of what port? Visiting what ports? How many sea days? Etc.

My choice is easy. I love CRUISING!!!!!! Give me 10-14 days at sea. Caribbean would be my choice. If we have to stop, make it a private island in the middle of no where. Cold beer. Lots of sun. Lots of activities and my day is made. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the ports but there's something to be said about the wind blowing in your hair while enjoying some laughs with friends. Or at friends!!!!!! Lol!!! Wish they would plan a 14 day cruise to no where. Oasis or allure. Haven't been on either but would want a boat with lots of things to do.

Dreaming already

Heimey

Ah, choices! :) We could care less about the Flowrider, and definitely want the Formal Nights - except actually enforced coat/tie (tux optional.) :cool: Actually though, your idea of an RSVP option apart from the rest of MDR is an interesting idea!

I do like your idea of Southern Caribbean from Everglades or Miami - I guess the reason you don't see that is too hard to construct a 7 day itinerary that gets down there from Miami and still has enough ports to be interesting?

I have to believe there would be enough ports to choose from (maybe even some new ones) ....first day at sea to get to the first Southern Caribbean port. Have another at sea day when you are returning to Miami or Port Everglades....it can be done, is my guess.

Thanks for liking my idea about the RSVP option for those who want a formal event. I want others who enjoy the formal dining evening experience to have; since I don't want it, I feel this could make everyone happy.

Those who RSVP will have their own 'dinner party' to attend. Make it 'open seating' -- in the section of the dining room set aside for it....it would be its own type of MTD (for one night).

Freedom out of Port Canaveral (because it's close :p)

Embarkation Day then

Day 1. At sea

Day 2. At sea

Day 3. Costa Rica

Day 4. Panama Canal

Day 5. Back through the canal

Day 6. At sea

Day 7. Aruba

Day 8. Barbados

Day 9. St Lucia

Day 10. At Sea

day 11. St. Maarten

Day 12. At Sea

Day 13. Coco cay

Day 14. At sea (one more day before going home)

Day 15. Port canaveral

Like you said, dream cruise. Not sure about the logistics of the canal but since its my dream you can all play along. :D. LOL