Bon Voyage packetau!!

Welcome to Brisbane today - 30c Cloudy, some showers, with 84% humidity.

Bon Voyage, Joanne and Gary.

What a wonderful BIG trip you have organised!

I hope you enjoy the Ocean Princess. One big advantage of the smaller ship is that it is easy for independent travellers to be first off the ship!

hello from beautiful down town Brisbane..... we have backed into portside.... not good for the bridge cam, but sitting here on the back deck leading out from the buffet, the view is stunning...

though today we are not venturing out too far just catching up with family and friends...

joanne

hello from beautiful down town Brisbane..... we have backed into portside.... not good for the bridge cam, but sitting here on the back deck leading out from the buffet, the view is stunning...

though today we are not venturing out too far just catching up with family and friends...

joanne

Looks like you have found my favourite spot, summer and winter, on the ship already.

Hope you are blessed with a smiling Bali omelette/egg maker, to make your morning each day, as we were, on our summer cruise.

Would love to be joining you on this cruise, as I love the Ocean Princess, but will enjoy "cruising" along with you also.

hi gang .... sitting here on the back deck having breakfast in the rain.... :(

lucky our tour was cancelled due to operational reasons!! ages ago.. we are waiting for the sun to break through and then we will head ashore....

BTW loving this ship!!

hi gang .... sitting here on the back deck having breakfast in the rain.... :(

lucky our tour was cancelled due to operational reasons!! ages ago.. we are waiting for the sun to break through and then we will head ashore....

BTW loving this ship!!

Hi Jo.. & Garry... Just reading your blog and was wondering why you were playing twister in your cabin..............hmmm....oh yeh ...........now I know;);) enjoy.

Looks like a nice day, in Darwin.

Guess they will be busy getting last minute goodies in Aussie dollars and adding to their alcohol stocks.

I wonder how much wet weather they had cruising up the East Coast, then across to Darwin?

Does anyone know how long the tender takes? It looks like quite a way.

When we where there on the Pacific Sun in 2009, I think it might only took less then 10 mins to get ashore.

Has anyone done an excursion here that doesn't involve the Komodo dragons?

I don't think there is anything else on the island apart from seeing the Komodo dragons, and when we where there, you could not get off the ship unless you did a tour.

hi komodo island blog just uploaded...

only two tours offered on komodo... just a komodo walk or a komodo walk then snorkelling on pink beach...

we had a private tour organised and you could not get off the ship unless you had a tour organised.. we had to go down and the tour desk all the details and our group was assigned our very own tour number...

Is the blog on CC or could someone give me a link to it pretty please?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Found it! Cancel that request.......:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

They are about to dock in Ho Chi Min City (Saigon). Most cruise ships have to dock at Phu My, about 2 hours away , but being a smaller ship it will be interesting to see if they cruise up the river to the actual City.

One of the problems with sailing up the river is the possibility of getting a stray fishing net wrapped around the propellor.:eek: