MDR - Breakfast / Lunch Table for 2

db20

Is is hassle free to request a table for two when using the MDR for breakfast and lunch?

Are you expected to dine on larger tables or are the MDR staff totally accommodating to people who request just tables for 2? Will be on Indy if the ship makes a difference.

Thanks

Is is hassle free to request a table for two when using the MDR for breakfast and lunch?

Are you expected to dine on larger tables or are the MDR staff totally accommodating to people who request just tables for 2? Will be on Indy if the ship makes a difference.

Thanks

We've always been asked if we want to share or have a table by ourselves.

It is a little bit of a hassle - on the Explorer, you would often see people who were waiting for a table for 2 off to the side. Those who choose to be seated with others were seated pretty much immediately. As long as you're okay with a wait, then ask for the table for 2.

Thanks for this post!! :)

We have never tried going to MDR for breakfast! May give it a go on our upcoming cruise!! :)

One day they have the chocolate breakfast. Your MDR waiter will tell you which day.

This is good news thanks for all the replies, not that I'm anti social, I just often like a quiet subdued breakfast. Much more of an evening person, than a morning person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is good news thanks for all the replies, not that I'm anti social, I just often like a quiet subdued breakfast. Much more of an evening person, than a morning person.

I'm the same way...I need to get my coffee levels back up to normal before I can do any socializing!:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Thanks

No expectations to dine at a large table. We have never had a problem getting a table for two for breakfast or lunch. As mentioned you might have a few minute wait.

I feel the same way. I have asked for a table by myself many times for both breakfast and lunch and have never had to wait more than a minute before being seated. Enjoy!

Thanks

I travel solo and like to sit with others but sometimes when I go to breakfast or lunch there will be a table for 10 partially filled with large numbers of children - I will rather not sit with. However, the waiter always insists that I have to go there and not start another table. No orders seems to be taken either until all chairs are filled. That's why some prefer the buffet for breakfast. Sometimes it can be a slow affair.

We enjoy meeting with people over breakfast, but...my husband just asked me last night if it was possible to have a table for 2 in the dining room for dinner? Is this ever done? This will be our first time not cruising with a large group.

We enjoy meeting with people over breakfast, but...my husband just asked me last night if it was possible to have a table for 2 in the dining room for dinner? Is this ever done? This will be our first time not cruising with a large group.

Yes, it's possible to have a table for 2 in the dining room. It's much easier if you choose My Time Dining, you can tell them as you show up. If you are in traditional dining, then send an email to rcldining@rccl.com a few weeks before your cruise with your request.

Edited by clarea

Yes, it's possible to have a table for 2 in the dining room. It's much easier if you choose My Time Dining, you can tell them as you show up. If you are in traditional dining, then send an email to rcldining@rccl.com a few weeks before your cruise with your request.

We've always enjoyed late dining in the MDR, but with all the dining options available on Allure, I'm thinking that My Time might be a good choice for my husband and I.

Is the service as good? We enjoy having the same waiter throughout, so we might miss that. (Although, on our last cruise, the MDR service was so poor, we would have loved to have a table change...and we did ask!)

This may be the time we give My Time a try.

We've always enjoyed late dining in the MDR, but with all the dining options available on Allure, I'm thinking that My Time might be a good choice for my husband and I.

Is the service as good? We enjoy having the same waiter throughout, so we might miss that. (Although, on our last cruise, the MDR service was so poor, we would have loved to have a table change...and we did ask!)

This may be the time we give My Time a try.

We have done MTD for our last 2 or 3 cruises. The service was every bit as good as the traditional dining service. Also, you can request the same waitstaff and even the same table every night especially if you come at the same time each night. That you will get get it not absolutely guaranteed, but we have had all of our requests met with no problems. Try it...I think you will likr MTD!:)

All you have to do is contact RCCL, with your reservation number, by telephone and they will guarantee you a table for two. We have used this procedure multiple times without fail.

I love going to the MDR for breakfast and lunch as well but am looking forward to trying out the Park Cafe as well.

If you would like a table for two just tell the host/hostess seating you that you would like a table for two.

Be sure to go to the MDR on a sea day for their Tutti Salad Bar.

Requested table for 2 when I booked. It was on my reservation and on my seapass card when we processed in. It also had our table number on the seapass card. We did not used MTD, reconfirmed the table for 2 a few days before after reading these threads. Came off NAV on Sunday.

I really wish I would have read this a month ago.

We ate lunch once and breakfast once on the explorer recently. We didn't see anyone eating at a private table, so I didn't think it was allowed.

Why didn't I just ask?

We really liked having our meals there, but we do not like sharing a table with others.

Oh, well...guess we know if there is a next time!

Thanks

Just ask for a table for 2. Most of the time they are very willing to accommodate. You might have to wait a few minutes while they clear something.

My wife and I always ask for a table for 2 when it is just us traveling together. We are not fans of eating with people we don't know.

We always request a table for 2 for breakfast in the MDR, unless dining with people we know. We've never had a major problem until our sailing last October on Splendour when the door host was quite rude each day and made us sit in the Centrum until he decided to get us a table. Just off Brilliance and no problem at all and only waited about 2-3 minutes.

As for dinner we do MTD and again have never had a problem, even with a standing prebooked reservation except on one sailing. On Brilliance we were seated at any time we wanted, and was told not to apologise for turning up at an earlier time. However, once again on Splendour it was awful where we were told we had to change to the last possible dining time if we wanted a table for 2 which meant 9pm.

We tried to get a table for 2 on the Enchantment for lunch one day... we were totally ignored. The host seemed very harried and it seemed they wanted to fill the tables up.

The experience with my tablemates (obnoxious braggers) made us skip lunch and breakfast thereafter in the MDR.

We are sailing the Grandeur in April-I will try getting a table for 2 again.

We tried to get a table for 2 on the Enchantment for lunch one day... we were totally ignored. The host seemed very harried and it seemed they wanted to fill the tables up.

The experience with my tablemates (obnoxious braggers) made us skip lunch and breakfast thereafter in the MDR.

We are sailing the Grandeur in April-I will try getting a table for 2 again.

When you approach the host just be firm.

Good luck.