Lanyards - Yes or No and cruise cards

Nightowl11

I wore a landyard for last two cruises. This last cruise my iPad and my Baggalini pocketbook with magnet closure kept deactivating my card. It took me awhile to figure that out..LOL!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

[quote name='sueajp']I wore a landyard for last two cruises. This last cruise my iPad and my Baggalini pocketbook with magnet closure kept deactivating my card. It took me awhile to figure that out..LOL!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE] Same for me, but it was my iphone and my Baggalini. Going next month and I haven't figured out what to do. Never tried the landyard, but they have some cute Coach ones on sale. Hmmmmmmmmm

I can't stand wearing a lanyard and card around my neck (this is just me!:D). I punch a hole thru the card and attach a very small clip (like the kind you get for nametags and a conference) and attach it to my pocket or waistband. In the evenings, my card goes into my evening bag.

[quote name='SeymourKopath']And, since your cabin number is not printed on your cruise card, how are the staff supposed to identify you as a Suite guest, other than by the indication on your cruise card? If they didn't print "Suite" on the cruise cards, Joe Blow from steerage could go to Sabatini's for breakfast and say he's in suite D736. Does the guy guarding the gates have a manifest cross-referencing everyone's suite with their names? If not, what's to prevent Mr. Blow from gaining entry?

If that's not one of the reasons for printing the word "Suite" on the cruise card, what do you think is?[/QUOTE]
They can't do that, we were upgraded to a Suite on our first cruise (got us hooked, now if only we could afford to travel like that normally). Sabatini's then had a list of all the names and staterooms of Suite passengers who could come in for breakfast. Sure, someone could still try and get in, but they'd have to work for it and hope like heck that the real ones didn't show up.

I don't like things draped around my neck. So I just tape mine to my forehead. It also allows people to see what color of card I am carrying so they know how best to treat me!

FINALLY!

An honest post.:D

Mike:)

I don't like things draped around my neck. So I just tape mine to my forehead. It also allows people to see what color of card I am carrying so they know how best to treat me!

Funny! :D

Seriously, we don't like to have them draped around our necks either.

LuLu

~~~

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that? :D

Have to admit, I've always felt it was tacky to be wearing the card on a lanyard myself. It's even worse when people do it when they're on shore (although it does make life easier for the pick pockets looking for easy tourist marks).

I just carry mine in my pocket. I also don't carry my cellphone around on a cruise, so no problems with demagnetizing there.

My father has Parkinsons so it helps him in that he is less likely to drop it and when he does it is easier for him to pick up than the thin card. He has also had both hips replaced and has trouble bending down so if he does drop it in the cabin he can use his "picker upper" to snag the lanyard.

Have to admit, I've always felt it was tacky to be wearing the card on a lanyard myself. It's even worse when people do it when they're on shore (although it does make life easier for the pick pockets looking for easy tourist marks).

I just carry mine in my pocket. I also don't carry my cellphone around on a cruise, so no problems with demagnetizing there.

The above sums it up for me.

I wear one when I don't have pockets. I have a old ski lift ticket holder with an elastic pull on the bottom. That way when getting off the ship I don't have to bend towards the scanner. But like others I try to keep my card turned so no one knows what category I am.

Mike - we still had the priority tender tickets in December but I was referring to the suite/elite line at the passengers services desk and the line at embarkation where they direct you to the applicable waiting area. The woman in front of me in FLL insisted she was in a suite and the staff directing everyone told her if that was true she had an incorrect card since it didn't say 'suite' and to return to the check in desk. I think she was in a mini suite because she gave the cabin number and I didn't recognize it as an Owners or Penthouse suite number on the Royal. She went and sat in the general area.

When you go to Sabatini's for breakfast they cross-reference you with a list

The red Star is for the Thermal Spa

image.jpg.7480c8ed26d30963afa6ea12b7b357db.jpg ... J :D

Putting on my cruise lanyard when I get the card at check-in starts the cruise for me.

This lanyard that has been know to be a conversation starter as it has "Seattle" on it in various spots. People ask if I am from Seattle (no, but I have been there).

I have a small ID holder/change pouch from a Baggalini purse that I have attached, so I can keep my folded Patter handy as well.

I have my cruise card on a lanyard with a badge reel attached to it. I can quickly hand it to the bartender or get into my room. And I don't lose lounging around in my speedo.

I don't wear it ashore - it marks me as a tourist. But they still spot me anyway.

You think it might be the Hawaiian shirt, floppy hat, shorts and the camera around the neck?

Au contraire! The word "Suite" is pre-printed on your cruise card in the upper right corner. I suppose this might be to help identify you as eligible to enter the hollowed grounds of Sabatini's Restaurant for breakfast, but I don't know. ;) ;) ;)

Love the breakfast's at Sabatini's! And the word suite looks good in Gold, Ruby and Platinum! But the food is good just the same!!!!:D

I have my cruise card on a lanyard with a badge reel attached to it. I can quickly hand it to the bartender or get into my room. And I don't lose lounging around in my speedo.

I don't wear it ashore - it marks me as a tourist. But they still spot me anyway.

You think it might be the Hawaiian shirt, floppy hat, shorts and the camera around the neck?

Yeah, they spotted me too! :eek: