Lanyards - Yes or No and cruise cards

Nightowl11

I'm a guy. Hotel cards, cruise cards, etc. always go in my back left pocket. I never have to wonder where they are. Rarely have a problem with demagnetization.

(edit) On Formal nights I put it in the right hand pocket of my suit jacket or else in the inside jacket pocket. Edited by Thrak

[quote name='bhopal21']I have never brought the invitation and have only been asked once to see my cruise card.

There was a sign at the entrance to Skywalker's a few weeks back on the Ruby but no one at the entrance to check those entering.

Mike:)[/QUOTE]

On the Sapphire in Dec. for that party, they were asking for the printed invitations. Never had them ask before! I didn't have ours and they grilled us a bit about it even after seeing that we are Elite. They were adamant that we get the invitation but when we explained we can't stand champagne, they let us in. Seems the invitation with your name on it is used for the champagne drawing. :rolleyes:

My point was that this party would not be the reason why they'd add "suite" to the cruise cards.

[COLOR=Purple]Only two friends (who I have cruised with on several cruises) wear the lanyards. My DH and I have cruised any times with PCL and I have cruised on CCL with BFFs and we have never used a lanyard. But...then again...for some folks having it around their neck is more convenient than putting their S&S card in a pocket or purse. I have to admit...that while 'walking around the ship' or eating at venus...I do not see many folks wearing the lanyards. But then.....To each their own.[/COLOR] Edited by monakayk

[quote name='DrivesLikeMario']On the Sapphire in Dec. for that party, they were asking for the printed invitations. Never had them ask before! I didn't have ours and they grilled us a bit about it even after seeing that we are Elite. They were adamant that we get the invitation but when we explained we can't stand champagne, they let us in. Seems the invitation with your name on it is used for the champagne drawing. :rolleyes:

My point was that this party would not be the reason why they'd add "suite" to the cruise cards.[/QUOTE]

Is that why I won the champagne last cruise???
Because you all didn't put in your cards!
And I thought I was lucky!:rolleyes:

I use one when I don't have pockets. It's a cute turquoise leather one with a transparent front that I also use at the airport for my photo ID so I don't have to fumble with things going through security.

[quote name='UPGrandma']2nd cruise I bought stretchy for the key card and wore on my wrist. I like the sounds of the "clip" better due to no pockets. Can you tell me where you found it? (I don't like lanyards as they get in my way).[/QUOTE]

Walmart...But I've seen some at the local grocery store by check out too. The one I bought had one clip on it and I purchased another clip to put on it so I had one to hook it on things.

I use the lanyard (purchased at Walmart) and plastic sleeve (Walmart or Office Max). So I don't need to punch a hole. Not a problem to take out of the sleeve to use in the door.

I keep my phone in the cabin, except if we've arrived in port (and I'll take a photo to instagram). I use my regular digital camera for other photo taking around the ship.

[quote name='DrivesLikeMario']. . . One thing to consider is that some people are reporting that when they put their cruise card in their pocket next to their cell phone, it is deactivating the cruise card. We didn't find that to be true in December, but maybe we were just lucky, who knows?[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Also, the magnet clasp on a Kindle leather case will de-magnetize your card. Don't ask me how I know that . . .

[/FONT][/COLOR] [quote name='Thrak']I'm a guy. Hotel cards, cruise cards, etc. always go in my back left pocket. I never have to wonder where they are. Rarely have a problem with demagnetization.

(edit) On Formal nights I put it in the right hand pocket of my suit jacket or else in the inside jacket pocket.[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I appreciate this detailed information. I'll be watching out for you . . . *humming [I]You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two*[/I]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

None of my clothes have pockets, so I find a lanyard very useful for my Ship Card and Coffee Card. I have a really cute metallic silver and gold one from Coach that has garnered me several compliments. Each to his own... whatever works for you!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='Thrak']I'm a guy. Hotel cards, cruise cards, etc. always go in my back left pocket. I never have to wonder where they are. Rarely have a problem with demagnetization.

(edit) On Formal nights I put it in the right hand pocket of my suit jacket or else in the inside jacket pocket.[/QUOTE]
[quote]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I appreciate this detailed information. I'll be watching out for you . . . *humming [I]You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two*[/I]

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh, well. You can snag the card if you like although it would likely be easier to snip somebody's lanyard. :-)

[quote name='DrivesLikeMario']I got my mom a blinged-out lanyard for her cruise. It was pretty. But, it might be a matter of age about whether to wear one or not. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in one and I know my young 20-something sons would never, ever wear one. I've also noticed that newbies tend to wear them more than people who cruise often. To each his own though - whatever floats your boat. :D[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly!

Except for formal nights, I happily wore a lanyard for years. Sometimes (horrors) I bet the card turned color-side out. It was on a swivel. Who cares? Then, I needed reading glasses and started carrying an iPhone at the same time. Now, on the ship, I wear a small macrame purse with a zipper pocket on the inside for the card, so that when I pull out glasses or phone, I don't inadvertently pull out the card. Getting off the ship, I still wear my card on a lanyard, which makes for quick and easy scanning.

I have no idea how many use lanyards; I never notice such things. I guess the people who find them handy do, and others don't.

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']

I have no idea how many use lanyards; I never notice such things. I guess the people who find them handy do, and others don't.[/QUOTE]

I wear one; makes life easier when I need to open cabin door multiple times a day. I also try to have it facing inward; no need for anyone to read my information.