Hotels that provide free shuttle from FLL and to Port Everglades

WirelessRoute

Me and group of friends are traveling to Ft Lauderdale 1 day before our cruise on Allure of the Sea's. I was wondering if anyone had a list of hotels that provide a free shuttle from FLL airport to Hotel and Hotel to Port Everglades?

Found one Courtyard but figuring that I would ask since I couldn't find any others. We are looking for a hotel that near some restaurants so we can avoid renting a car for that one evening and not have to dine in the hotel. Been on 6 cruises and always rented a car. Any tips or ideas are appreciated?

So many of them do. Just find several that interest you and start making calls to the hotels.

So many of the DO offer free shuttles between the airport AND the cruise terminal????? Not what I'm finding.

I'll challenge you to name three - preferably with rates under $200 per night.

So many of the DO offer free shuttles between the airport AND the cruise terminal????? Not what I'm finding.

I'll challenge you to name three - preferably with rates under $200 per night.

You'll have to check rates since they vary considerably according to the season, but here is the http://www.sunny.org (Fort Lauderdale tourism website) listing of which hotels have airport and cruise terminal shuttles and how much they cost (at least at the time the list was put together). The rest of the research is up to you!

http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/hotels-with-shuttles/

Since a cab ride to the port will run only maybe $15, I would not get hung up on free shuttles to the port. MANY airport hotels will have complimentary shuttles picking you up at the airport.

Look at hotels in the Dania area. Lots of chains there.

Edited by eandj

Leaning toward the beach area would be nice to walk the beach before the cruise. I'll post any that I find fell free to post any recommendations with 2 way shuttle.

Beach hotels will have no free shuttles. None. Use cabs to the hotel and to the port. ( around $15 for 1-5 passenger cabs) Most cost efficient, as shuttle services will charge 8.00 per person at minimum.

I would not be concerned with a shuttle-free or otherwise. Depending where you stay, the cost of a cab will only be 15 or 20 dollars. Many of the shuttles charge.

Why pay 5 or 8 dollars per person, or even if it is free, to be crammed into a van and have to leave on their schedule not yours? Far easier and more convenient to simply take a cab.

I would recommend Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport. They have free shuttle from airport to hotel, clean and comfortable, pool, complimentary breakfast, across the road from a plazza, several restaurants and fast food places nearby. They used to have free shuttle to the port, but now charge $5.00 each. In not peak season we paid $139.00, in peak we have paid as high as $289.00 We have stayed there 5 times and have a 6th booked.

I just booked Quality Inn & Suites, $116 AAA for January 15th, includes transport FLL and port complimentary. There's an outdoor pool and pool bar. Refundable up until 24 hours prior. Hope this helps.

If this is the Quality Inn on Broward Blvd you should know that it is in a high crime neighborhood with nothing around any tourist would want to do. Oh, I just saw that you figured that out and are booking elsewhere.

Edited by royalcruz

I would recommend Hampton Inn Airport/North Cruiseport. They have free shuttle from airport to hotel, clean and comfortable, pool, complimentary breakfast, across the road from a plazza, several restaurants and fast food places nearby. They used to have free shuttle to the port, but now charge $5.00 each. In not peak season we paid $139.00, in peak we have paid as high as $289.00 We have stayed there 5 times and have a 6th booked.

I think that the Hampton Inn south FLL still provides free port shuttles.

I think that the Hampton Inn south FLL still provides free port shuttles.

No, as of January they started charging. I emailed the hotel and the manager, a nice guy named David emailed me back. He said they have started to charge as they are now using outside shuttles- bigger than the ones they had. He told me however, that as we had booked prior to January when they still advertised free shuttles, we would not be charged the $5.00. Even paying the $5.00 is a bargain I think.

The shuttle from the airport is still free, and if you ask they will shuttle to area restaurants for free.