Best Beach To Go To On Our Own...

dkay1211

We will be stopping in Grand Cayman for the first time on our cruise in May. We like to just find a nice beach to relax on with food and drinks easily available. Any suggestions on best places to go where we can just take bus or taxi from the port and just do on our own instead of doing an excursion? Thanks for any and all input!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

The last time I visited GC was back in 2009 (going again this September :p) and we just took a bus over to 7 mile beach. You can rent chairs/umbrellas and there was a place to get drinks and food. You can snorkel right off the beach there or walk down to Eden Roc. Hope this helps!

Agree with above poster.

7 mile beach is the best.

We go to TIKI beach which is a section of 7 mile beach.

We like the beach it provides.

Concession stand

Rentals

Clean restrooms as well as showers to rinse yourself off (nothing fancy, but a nice feature)

And awesome entrance to the water.

Just grab a cab, they are plentiful.

Sea Ya

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

We have gone to Calico Jacks the last 2 yrs and have been happy.

If u walk straight into town from pier about 3-4 blocks, there is a bus stop/depot on the corner by the library. It is $2.50pp. Busses are actually vans. Everyone is very nice and no worries.:)

Just to go to the Royal Palms and not do the AI package, do you have to make a reservation or just get in a van and go? Also, does it get crowded or is there plenty of room?

No reservations are needed just take transportation of your choice. The shuttle fee was 5.00 p/p and admission was 2.00. Hard to say if it will be crowded, it was not on the day we were there with three ships in port.

Are friends rented a lounger directly on the beach and we sat around the pool with another couple which was free. We had are own waiter that kept us supplied with food and drinks.:)

Plenty of taxis and shuttles waiting to take us back to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Agree with above poster.

7 mile beach is the best.

We go to TIKI beach which is a section of 7 mile beach.

We like the beach it provides.

Concession stand

Rentals

Clean restrooms as well as showers to rinse yourself off (nothing fancy, but a nice feature)

And awesome entrance to the water.

Just grab a cab, they are plentiful.

Sea Ya

Sea Ya

Not sure if you are still around Sue, but anyone who has been to Tiki on their own could help me. I am wondering if they charge for use of the thatched roof area seating in the club? I like the photos of Tiki and could do the ship excursion ($ 44.95) which includes that area. Doing it with the ship means I could get the tender earlier, and always take a cab back on my own if I want to stay later. However, if I can do the same thing on my own for less money, the flexibility of working around weather appeals to me. I don't want to be stuck on beach on a rainy day because I paid for an excursion. Has anyone been to Tiki on their own and used the club seating area? THANKS!