Jade info??

BusyBlond

So it seems that the Jade will be coming to Houston next year. Anyone have any recent info or pics from the Jade? I know it has been overseas for the last several years, so I don't need port info, just ship in general. Also, does any one know when it was last in drydock?

Jade is very comparable to all other Jewel class ships (especially Jewel as the two don't have bowling or wall climbing like Pearl and Gem) Only major difference is the Hawai'i themed decor in some places. In my personal opinion all Jewel class ships are more alike than different - in every way possible.

I can only compare Jade with Pearl and the main difference is at the aft end. The pearl has the Bliss lounge and the bowling whereas the Jade has the shops there. Vrtually everything else is almost the same. The Haven is very similar in both apart from a few differences in the seating. The theatre is pretty well the same as well.

The slightly OTT decor on the Jade is quite well done in reality and we have never found it a problem. We love Jade and will be sorry to see her leave Europe for good. It will also be interesting to whether NCL have abandoned the Eastern Med when the next set of itineraries are released.

We love Jade and will be sorry to see her leave Europe for good. It will also be interesting to whether NCL have abandoned the Eastern Med when the next set of itineraries are released.

NCL has never said that Jade would leave Europe for good. The itineraries annouced now are only for winter season - Star and other ships doing Baltics before her have done TAs between seasons several for years now, just like Epic will do also until Oct 2015 when she makes the last TA for now.

I believe that Jade will return to Med for summer season 2016 - no way that NCL would have only one ship during the summer season in Southern Europe. Home port might not be Venice anymore because of the new restrictions but there are plenty of other choices for home ports on Eastern Med itineraries.

Edited by Demonyte

So it seems that the Jade will be coming to Houston next year. Anyone have any recent info or pics from the Jade? I know it has been overseas for the last several years, so I don't need port info, just ship in general. Also, does any one know when it was last in drydock?

Do a search for posts by computerworks (sp) as he did a picture review over the summer.

NCL has never said that Jade would leave Europe for good. The itineraries annouced now are only for winter season - Star and other ships doing Baltics before her have done TAs between seasons several for years now, just like Epic will do also until Oct 2015 when she makes the last TA for now.

I believe that Jade will return to Med for summer season 2016 - no way that NCL would have only one ship during the summer season in Southern Europe. Home port might not be Venice anymore because of the new restrictions but there are plenty of other choices for home ports on Eastern Med itineraries.

I do hope you are right because both ship and crew are fantastic. It just seemed a bit excessive to leave just the Epic in the Med just to do the West Med/East Atlantic because the weather in the Eastern Med can be really nice in spring and fall. The comfortable temperatures can make going round those ruin sites are much better and they are also less busy then. Hence my initial concern that the move might be permanent.

As to home ports, the choice might be a little restricted because I didn't think there were many capable of taking large turn-rounds. Clearly they can still do East Med from Rome because they are doing that this week and I thought that Jade was still OK for Venice because it is just below the size limit they were proposing (Limit 96K - Jade 93.5K tons). Apart from those two ports, there is probably only Corfu and Athens as well. We will just have to wait and see for now.

The OP asked about the Jade itself and there are lots of videos on YouTube showing the inside and out. Try this one for starters:

Thank you everyone for your replies and for the awesome tip to try youtube. never would have thought of that one. I'll be on the Jewel in January so I'll be sure to take notes since the two ships seem to be fairly similar. Did anyone happen to know when she was last refurbished or when her next dry dock is scheduled? I tend to try to avoid the last sailing before or the first after dry dock. Never know when things aren't going to go according to schedule. LOL