Changes to the Next Cruise Program

I hope that means if you change your category and/or length of sailing. I would think that you would not get penalized for just changing from one date to another keeping the same category.

I take it to mean that if you change category on the same sailing, you keep the higher OBC from booking a pecific cruise. However, if you change the cruise (ship or sail date), your OBC reverts back to the new miniscule amount you would have gotten from the NCC. In other words, you can't book a cruise on board and keep changing it anymore without losing the bulk of the OBC.

Edited by clarea

I take it to mean that if you change category on the same sailing, you keep the higher OBC from booking a pecific cruise. However, if you change the cruise (ship or sail date), your OBC reverts back to the new miniscule amount you would have gotten from the NCC. In other words, you can't book a cruise on board and keep changing it anymore without losing the bulk of the OBC.

What if you book a specific cruise onboard, which still gets you the $100 if you book a balcony. Then you change it to a different date but still get a balcony cabin? In my mind you would keep the $100 in that scenario but it would decrease if you changed sailing AND category to an OV?

Just re-read your post guess we will have to wait or call them to find out, that is if they know the answer. I tend to change the date but keep the balcony

Edited by molly361

It is already hard enough sometimes to get an appt with the LA:rolleyes:

Once your next cruise booking has been applied to a specific cruise it can't be moved. If you cancel a booking to purchase a different category or sail date your Future cruise credit will be lost completely. The $100 deposit and the obc will be lost. I just went through this scenario with rci last week.

What if you book a specific cruise onboard, which still gets you the $100 if you book a balcony. Then you change it to a different date but still get a balcony cabin? In my mind you would keep the $100 in that scenario but it would decrease if you changed sailing AND category to an OV?

Just re-read your post guess we will have to wait or call them to find out, that is if they know the answer. I tend to change the date but keep the balcony

I'm probably reading too much into the terms, because Royal is usually not precise. However, the terms say if you change "ship AND sail date", not "ship OR sail date". That could mean you have to change both to lose the larger OBC.

Or it could mean that they didn't proof read again and if you change either ship or sail date, you lose the larger OBC.

Once your next cruise booking has been applied to a specific cruise it can't be moved. If you cancel a booking to purchase a different category or sail date your Future cruise credit will be lost completely. The $100 deposit and the obc will be lost. I just went through this scenario with rci last week.

Yes, that is correct. Either you keep the specific cruise you booked onboard, or the OBC credit for an NCC becomes effective.

Keep an eye out for other changes to your cruise confirmation. My Jewel cruises were repriced higher -- after booking onboard 2 weeks ago, the balcony discount and OBC's were subsequently applied, and my bookings were re-priced. When I got home, I spent a long time on hold with D+ and Resolutions to get the original prices re-applied.

I'm probably reading too much into the terms, because Royal is usually not precise. However, the terms say if you change "ship AND sail date", not "ship OR sail date". That could mean you have to change both to lose the larger OBC.

Or it could mean that they didn't proof read again and if you change either ship or sail date, you lose the larger OBC.

I think your interpretation is right. I always pick a specific cruise but am guilty of changing it. sometimes just sail date and sometimes both date and ship. The terms say that they "reserve the right" to change the OBC, it does not say that they will change it.:confused::p

S

Also, in the fine print it now says "Open Bookings do not expire."

So at least there's one minor improvement in an otherwise major disappointing policy change for those of us sailing on shorter cruises or in an interior/outside stateroom.

The "original" NextCruise bookings, when created, also had no expiration date so this is not an improvement.

Yes, that is correct. Either you keep the specific cruise you booked onboard, or the OBC credit for an NCC becomes effective.

Keep an eye out for other changes to your cruise confirmation. My Jewel cruises were repriced higher -- after booking onboard 2 weeks ago, the balcony discount and OBC's were subsequently applied, and my bookings were re-priced. When I got home, I spent a long time on hold with D+ and Resolutions to get the original prices re-applied.

Karen the same thing happened to us. But this is a cruise that we have a B of A award on. It is paid in full and twice now I have logged on and it showed a balcony as the reservation got re-priced. The rep told me that it is happening when I log on and view the reservation:eek:

They really don't have the staff for this on the ships...

And it would have been nice if the announcement wasn't buried in the weekly newsletter......

This is a very big change, it should have been sent as a stand alone email to agents, and to C & A members....:rolleyes:

I think your interpretation is right. I always pick a specific cruise but am guilty of changing it. sometimes just sail date and sometimes both date and ship. The terms say that they "reserve the right" to change the OBC, it does not say that they will change it.:confused::p

That's a positive way to look at it.:)

Karen the same thing happened to us. But this is a cruise that we have a B of A award on. It is paid in full and twice now I have logged on and it showed a balcony as the reservation got re-priced. The rep told me that it is happening when I log on and view the reservation:eek:

What category are you booked in? That's a new one that I will have to watch for.

They really don't have the staff for this on the ships...

And it would have been nice if the announcement wasn't buried in the weekly newsletter......

This is a very big change, it should have been sent as a stand alone email to agents, and to C & A members....:rolleyes:

When it is changes that they know their C&A members are not going to like they do not usually announce it. They wait for us to find out.:(

Bit like the change that happens to your balcony discount when you change your balcony cabin less than 6 months before sailing (even though you actually booked 1 year ago) they take $25 off your C&A discount. That is not in their T&Cs..it just happens and they never announced it.

Just off the phone with C and A

1. The new policy does not effect any NC 's already purchased and/or booked.

2. Junior Suites ARE included in the Suite Cat for the higher OBC

3. The agent says they were also blindsided by this but he thinks that any changes to date and/or ship to an actual onboard booking where you pick ship and date will result in the OBC being lowered to the open booking rate. Since this just starts today he was not aware yet if it will be enforced.

Okay lets see who gets different answers when they call:)

Sucks but I'd probably still buy one. Having the reduced deposit to hold any cruise I see just because I like the price is nice. Sure I may change my mind but if I had to shell out a full deposit of $500 for the two of us, I wouldn't do it.

Just off the phone with C and A

1. The new policy does not effect any NC 's already purchased and/or booked.

2. Junior Suites ARE included in the Suite Cat for the higher OBC

3. The agent says they were also blindsided by this but he thinks that any changes to date and/or ship to an actual onboard booking where you pick ship and date will result in the OBC being lowered to the open booking rate. Since this just starts today he was not aware yet if it will be enforced.

Okay lets see who gets different answers when they call:)

Thanks for checking Ellen. At least it's good news about the JS being included.:)

I was just reading through the FAQs for the Open Bookings and I notice that it states -

Open Bookings made onboard will automatically

have the Travel Agent they are booked with for the current cruise on the Future Cruise reservation.

The “Opt Out” option on the previous Onboard Booking form is no longer listed on the new form.

I am confused now :o, does the above mean that when you buy an Open Booking Cert onboard and then give/transfer it to friend/family then they will have to book with the TA who is named on the Open Booking Cert ?

I was just reading through the FAQs for the Open Bookings and I notice that it states -

Open Bookings made onboard will automatically

have the Travel Agent they are booked with for the current cruise on the Future Cruise reservation.

The “Opt Out” option on the previous Onboard Booking form is no longer listed on the new form.

I am confused now :o, does the above mean that when you buy an Open Booking Cert onboard and then give/transfer it to friend/family then they will have to book with the TA who is named on the Open Booking Cert ?

I believe there was no clearly marked "opt out" option on the most recent NCC order form too. I always wrote "No travel agent" on my order form, and that was honored. Sometimes they would have me fill out a separate form giving a reason why I was not using the current travel agent.

Edited by clarea

I just got even more confused reading through it all :o

Next Cruise = booking made onboard (as in your next cruise)

Open Booking = for use at later date (open for you to decide)

So what we usually call a Next Cruise certificate is actually not a Next cruise certificate now ?

Oh my giddy aunt I need a major cup of coffee now :o