Need estimate on pickup time at Citavecchia

DeckLife

We will be staying overnight in Rome after our upcoming Noordam cruise. The hotel is asking what time we want to be picked up. I need some ideas as to how long debarkation itself takes and how long claiming luggage and going through customs might take. Thanks for any help.

We will be staying overnight in Rome after our upcoming Noordam cruise. The hotel is asking what time we want to be picked up. I need some ideas as to how long debarkation itself takes and how long claiming luggage and going through customs might take. Thanks for any help.

Definitely go to the ports boards but if you are coming from other EU ports then customs is basically a non issue - very quick.

We just set our pick up time. Told them what time we would be off and knew they would wait if necessary. You just need to figure out what time you will be disembarking the ship. If you are unsure - just ask for a time of 9:30 or 10:00 as you will most likely be off and all in order by then :)

I thought about posting in the ports forum, but I figured this is where the Holland America experts are.

We dock at 7 a.m. And we will be claiming luggage in the port.

Is 9:30 still a good time, do you think? Thanks for the customs info; yes, we are coming from other Mediterranean ports.

I thought about posting in the ports forum, but I figured this is where the Holland America experts are.

We dock at 7 a.m. And we will be claiming luggage in the port.

Is 9:30 still a good time, do you think? Thanks for the customs info; yes, we are coming from other Mediterranean ports.

The ports boards have people who have been there who share input so that is a valuable resource :) There is no harm at all in posting your question there - in fact, I would recommend it in case things/experiences have changed. If the search function works you might even find that the question has been asked there.

I would say 9:30 or 10:00 am should be fine. You should be off before then and have your luggage and be waiting. Last time I ended up through much faster than I had guessed and was waiting a bit for them to arrive but usually they arrive a bit early if not right on the dot :) But I'd rather be waiting for them than have them waiting for me ;)

edited to say - your hotel should also have a good idea as well. If you email them that you are contemplating x time to be ready and ask them if that sounds reasonable they will most likely be able to give you some input as well.

Edited by kazu

If you're talking 15 April, NODM is scheduled to arrive at Civitavecchia at 0700. Barring any appearances by Mr. Murphy, and depending on what kind of arrangements you are requesting re: disembarkation (taking your own luggage, aka self-disembarkation, or having your luggage off-loaded from the ship and placed inside the terminal building by dockworkers), you're looking at 0800 (self-disembarkation) or around 0830-0900 (again depending on how you fill out your disembarkation request which you will have delivered to your cabin)