Big News about All You Can Drink Package

Frugalist

Taxed in Port Everglades now until in International waters. I assume the same is true for Miami.

Never happened to me or perhaps I just did not notice. When did they start applying the tax?

Thanks.

Although this may be true in some ports, it certainly is not true in most ports that are in cities that have a sales tax. For instance Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Or I do not understand what you mean.

Which ports did you buy a drink while in port that was taxed? I have never been taxed.

We have been taxed in LA, Fort Lauderdale, and Hawaii multiple times.

You will see sales tax on drinks on your itemized folio. I believe we saw it when docked in California ports. Only about 8%, but still it is there. Since shops are closed in port, I don't know if it applies to other ship purchases while in port.

Edited by BrandiGreg

It all depends where you are cruising. We did the med 3 years ago and I can't be certain but think it was one of the Spanish ports the waiter told us to buy our wine for our next evening meal as if we waited we would be too near the Spanish Coast. And a tax would be added. He also bought us the following night menu so we could choose accordingly.

Getting a little confused after reading several threads on the beverage package....I'm assuming any package is not required, but optional. I only want a coffee card, period! My 17 year old son doesn't drink soda or any other drink for that matter other than water which can be tap. Please tell me these are optional :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting a little confused after reading several threads on the beverage package....I'm assuming any package is not required, but optional. I only want a coffee card, period! My 17 year old son doesn't drink soda or any other drink for that matter other than water which can be tap. Please tell me these are optional :-)

All beverage package are optional.

And, by the way, the tap water on Princess is as pure or purer than any bottled water you can buy. (per studies I have read). Tastes good too! We drink a lot of ice water in the dining room!

Edited by BrandiGreg

Its included on the Crown Princess sailing from Southampton next year.

I believe it's included as a promotion for these sailings. It's not fleet wide.

I have read posts on Cruise Critic saying that although the drink package is being offered as a promotion on these sailings, the cabin pricing seems to be higher thus offsetting the benefit somewhat. However, I have no first hand knowledge of this.

Well, if it's included you don't have to "buy" it which is what the PP was asking.

I'm assuming any package is not required, but optional

If its included in the price its not optional :rolleyes:

Edited by CCFC