Laundry rooms?

sandiego1

Which HAL ships have laundry rooms for passengers? We've had problems sending out laundry out in the past and prefer to do it ourselves if on a long cruise. Plus I have a lot of delicate items that I don't put in the dryer. There's no way for HAL to just wash these items and not dry them.

We were on the Island Princess recently and were glad to have laundry facilities avail. My husband was able to quickly iron out the wrinkles in his dress shirt for formal night without having to pay the high prices for a professional pressing service.

Never mind - found the info on the HAL website:

Onboard self-service launderettes consisting of washers, dryers, irons and ironing boards are available on the ms Amsterdam, Maasdam, Prinsendam, Rotterdam, Ryndam, Statendam, Veendam, Volendam and Zaandam. There is a charge for the use of the self-service launderettes and it is coin operated. Iron and ironing boards are provided at no cost.

Edited by sandiego1

Which HAL ships have laundry rooms for passengers? We've had problems sending out laundry out in the past and prefer to do it ourselves if on a long cruise. Plus I have a lot of delicate items that I don't put in the dryer. There's no way for HAL to just wash these items and not dry them.

We were on the Island Princess recently and were glad to have laundry facilities avail. My husband was able to quickly iron out the wrinkles in his dress shirt for formal night without having to pay the high prices for a professional pressing service.

Onboard self-service launderettes consisting of washers, dryers, irons and ironing boards are available on the ms Amsterdam, Maasdam, Prinsendam, Rotterdam, Ryndam, Statendam, Veendam, Volendam and Zaandam. There is a charge for the use of the self-service launderettes and it is coin operated. Iron and ironing boards are provided at no cost.

Related to my recent experience with the self-service launderettes onboard my recent Ryndam cruise, they were open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Also, many washers/dryers were 'Out of Order'! :( In fact, all the machines, including the iron were out of order in the launderette on Main Deck! :rolleyes: As well, be aware that the temperature of the wash water 'may' not be what you set it at to do your wash, as I had set the wash temperature for cold & the clothes were removed very hot from having been washed in hot water, :mad: (which was reported to the Front Office)!

There is no charge for the self-service laundry on the Prinsendam. :) The S- & R-class ships charge $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry (or reverse; I can never keep that straight).

On all the ships, detergent is supplied; bring your own dryer sheets.

If you do use the laundry room, please be nice and consider the fact that some of your fellow cruisers have cabins nearby and my be sleeping or resting. Don't stand there and gossip loudly. Thanks. (Had that on our last cruise)

If you do use the laundry room, please be nice and consider the fact that some of your fellow cruisers have cabins nearby and my be sleeping or resting. Don't stand there and gossip loudly. Thanks. (Had that on our last cruise)

I would never book a stateroom anyway near a 'launderette' (or beneath the galley or Lido Deck area)! ;)

Is that ever the truth! One cruise I had a cabin right in front of it. It was a come and go coffee party all day. They propped the door open so I wouldn't miss anything :rolleyes:.

I see the charge for self service laundry in this thread. What is the charge for laundry on the Vista class ships?

Love this board! Thanks for all the info.

The Vista class ships do not have self service laundry. You'll either hand wash (NOT my idea of a vacation activity) or send out to the ship's laundry. Sending out your options are 1) unlimited laundry priced per cabin 2) all you can cram into a bag for a set fee 3) paying by the item (only makes sense if sending out a very few things)

There is no charge for the self-service laundry on the Prinsendam. :) The S- & R-class ships charge $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry (or reverse; I can never keep that straight).

On all the ships, detergent is supplied; bring your own dryer sheets.

No charge on the Prinsendam!!! Wow!....I just booked a voyage on the Prinsendam and my husband will love this! They say it's the little things that make people happy! Spending thousands for a cruise, and he will go nuts over saving a few bucks in laundry!! ;). LOL!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal