Great news for Canadian NCL guests!

Tangocherie

OK, I get the you can't book online to book your cruise, because obviously the system is not set up to choose currency. But you can do it via phone.

:confused: So how do you prepay gratuities and pre-book excursions and specialty dining. Those things are done online and prices are in U.S. $$$s.

So although you can't book online in CAD, now that the reservation is in CAD, when I log into on the NCL website everything is CAD. So it is showing the make a payment as CAD amounts and the shore excursions when you select them show CAD (although I don't know the US price so I don't know if they have increased it in CAD?) and the gratuities for a 14 day cruise show this:

Total Service Charges: CAD 336.00

(although I don't know the US price so I don't know if they have increased it in CAD?) and the gratuities for a 14 day cruise show this:

Total Service Charges: CAD 336.00

The NCL website says $12/day/person for DSC -

Assuming you are travelling 2 people in your cabin on a 14 day cruise - would make it $336.00. So at least this item seems to be the same.

Don't know about shore excursions...

NCL has been providing this service, for some years. As some have mentioned, it cannot be done on the web-site. We use a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant and have them accept the payment for the fare, service charges, any shore excursions, and what we believe we will need in on-board credits. Basically, anything available on the web-site can be paid this way.

When the exchange rate was closer, it didn't make that much difference. However, recently, this option has become rather attractive.

If this absurdity is actually fact then I want to book my next cruise in rubles. Otherwise it is discrimination! :)

Go right ahead.... but be aware they're not accepting rubles AT PAR, simply at the regular exchange value.

If they've chosen to target the lucrative Canadian market by accepting our dollars at par, that's not discrimination....it's target-marketing.

Discrimination would be if they told all Canadians except those who are left-handed, that they could used CAD, that would be discrimination.

Discrimination tends to be based on immutable characteristics - you can always change your nationality & emmigrate to Canada and take advantage of this offer, so it is not discriminatory.

Go right ahead.... but be aware they're not accepting rubles AT PAR, simply at the regular exchange value.

If they've chosen to target the lucrative Canadian market by accepting our dollars at par, that's not discrimination....it's target-marketing.

Discrimination would be if they told all Canadians except those who are left-handed, that they could used CAD, that would be discrimination.

Discrimination tends to be based on immutable characteristics - you can always change your nationality & emmigrate to Canada and take advantage of this offer, so it is not discriminatory.

Sure it is discrimination. It is making one set of rules for one class of people and a different set for another. Same as if they made one set of rules for non-rainbows and a different set for rainbows.

Sure it is discrimination. It is making one set of rules for one class of people and a different set for another. Same as if they made one set of rules for non-rainbows and a different set for rainbows.

I'm a "class of people" now? Cool I've never had class before ;) :D

Sure it is discrimination. It is making one set of rules for one class of people and a different set for another.

I wasn't aware that Americans and Canadians were different "classes" of people!! I personally treat Americans as equals. :)

Back on topic... I've been finding that Canadian and American TAs (and NCL) are offering the exact same pricing - so just go to a Cda TA for pricing in C$.

As an aside - my TA (in Cda) has told me he will book Americans at Cdn prices, therefore saving them aprx 10% (on the exchange). There may be an admin charge on their CC. This TA is a large company with offices in both the US and Cda.

I'm a "class of people" now? Cool I've never had class before ;) :D

^ 5 to you both LOL

cheers...the Ump...:D

You can change who you sleep with as well, just making a point of how absurd part of your post is.

Either let Cdns discuss this amongst themselves, or... let the thread die.

The original topic has nothing to do with American's pricing - only Cdn pricing.

If?? some people are not happy that we are getting equal treatment as our American cousins - so be it !! As I have mentioned..... US residents can take advantage of Cdn pricing.

Hey, I'd be happy to be in your class Che5904 :p You're always so nice to people and hey, you're Canadian, eh!!?? :eek:

Connie

Nothing at all wrong with a country that has hockey as its national sport!

Edited by ImaKrazyKruizer

Either let Cdns discuss this amongst themselves, or... let the thread die.

That's not very nice :(

I visit and chat on many threads that are U.S. only topics. And have never once been asked to leave or not participate.

And actually, anything that effects the bottom profit line (such as absorbing the exchange rate), should be of interest to all NCL passengers. Not saying this is a bad thing, just that it may affect others that are not getting the benefit.

Edited by che5904

Hey, I'd be happy to be in your class Che5904 :p You're always so nice to people and hey, you're Canadian, eh!!?? :eek:

Connie

teehee, some that I have debated with, may not completely agree on that :D :D

OK, I get the you can't book online to book your cruise, because obviously the system is not set up to choose currency. But you can do it via phone.

:confused: So how do you prepay gratuities and pre-book excursions and specialty dining. Those things are done online and prices are in U.S. $$$s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nothing at all wrong with a country that has hockey as its national sport!

Hmmm, nothing at all but which country is it that has hockey? Not Canada ours is Lacrosse :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse_in_Canada

Hehe

And don't forget it either, it'll come in handy if you go to Trivia games, ;)

Edited by B6ConMe

Hmmm, nothing at all but which country is it that has hockey? Not Canada ours is Lacrosse :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse_in_Canada

Hehe

And don't forget it either, it'll come in handy if you go to Trivia games, ;)

Tell that to the Olympians! (Maybe officially it is but we all know the real deal...)