Great news for Canadian NCL guests!

Tangocherie

Tell that to the Olympians! (Maybe officially it is but we all know the real deal...)

Um, obviously, you all (they all) DON'T know. It is, however, Canada's favourite sports pass time and favourite time to drink real Canadian beer :p

We are booked on the Getaway for April 2015. If I call my PCC, do I just ask him to transfer my cruise to CDN funds and that's it? I did use an FCC to book the cruise initially.

Thanks!

My advice. Call your PCC and first ask him if this Canadian at par promotion is still on. Then ask how you proceed with taking advantage of the promotion.

Back on topic... I've been finding that Canadian and American TAs (and NCL) are offering the exact same pricing - so just go to a Cda TA for pricing in C$.

As an aside - my TA (in Cda) has told me he will book Americans at Cdn prices, therefore saving them aprx 10% (on the exchange). There may be an admin charge on their CC. This TA is a large company with offices in both the US and Cda.

I'm interested in learning about the TA you mentioned. I sent you a friend request. thanks.

Thank you very much to Tangocherie who started this thread.:D

I called NCL directly and was able to cancel and rebook my cruise in $Canadian.

They issued the refund for the deposit and UDP that i already paid in $us on my credit card

And immediatly charge it again in $canadian.

it was a little complicated but worth the trouble.:p

Now i just have to wait the refunds in $us to appear on my credit card. (hope it will :()

Just got off the phone with NCL said I could rebook my cruise in October but it has gone up $600.00 each plus I couldn't have the same cabin! I said for good customer service they should tell you about this deal when you book but they don't. For our 5 night cruise in May we are out of luck since final payment was made. I work in customer service and if I handled situations like this the way Ncl is I wouldn't have many returning if any. We like NCL BUT who knows if we will sail with them again, I find the whole thing kinda shady. NCL tell your customers up front about this deal you will end up getting way more people sailing with you.

Thank you very much to Tangocherie who started this thread.:D

I called NCL directly and was able to cancel and rebook my cruise in $Canadian.

They issued the refund for the deposit and UDP that i already paid in $us on my credit card

And immediatly charge it again in $canadian.

it was a little complicated but worth the trouble.:p

Now i just have to wait the refunds in $us to appear on my credit card. (hope it will :()

My pleasure. Helping fellow cruisers is what Cruise Critic is all about.:)

Just got off the phone with NCL said I could rebook my cruise in October but it has gone up $600.00 each plus I couldn't have the same cabin! I said for good customer service they should tell you about this deal when you book but they don't. For our 5 night cruise in May we are out of luck since final payment was made. I work in customer service and if I handled situations like this the way Ncl is I wouldn't have many returning if any. We like NCL BUT who knows if we will sail with them again, I find the whole thing kinda shady. NCL tell your customers up front about this deal you will end up getting way more people sailing with you.

I would phone back and speak to someone else, before final payment and if your prices drop down again. Maybe the Canadian at par will still be on then. You may have not been told at the time you booked because it may have not been on at the time or available at that time. So no it's not "shady". This is the first I've ever heard of it and as you can see by my posts, I spend a lot of time on CC.

Yes when you change a reservation to a new promotion, your old promotion is gone and the new one is put in place. That's why you would be charged the new rate. Your old cabin wouldn't be gone though because they do it all at the same time, so the NCL rep was wrong in telling you that.

You can always try phoning back to another rep (sometimes that helps), or even speak to a supervisor and ask nicely to retain your original rate and get the new promotion. But as I said when you book under a new promotion your old one goes bye bye, so they may say no. But that's the most they can do is say no. So nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No different than giving a 13% discount to Canadian customers. :(

Probably competition. Carnival just had a sale on, not that long ago, for Canadians. Not sure what it was because I usually just delete emails without reading them if I'm not ready to book a cruise (too depressing to see good deals go by). As well they are probably trying to entice us to book, since with the exchange rate more people would think twice before booking, especially now that our nice weather is approaching and we don't have to leave the country to get warm LOL.

Edited by che5904

I called back and asked for a supervisor. I had booked online and it doesn't let you pick canadian funds which the supervisor was surprised about. After she checked she came back and gave me the cruise at the original price in canadian funds and the same cabin! Also I can prepay my gratuities purchase the ultimate dining package anything in canadian funds. This made my day and I told her too. Also I work with the public and when we get on the topic of cruises you can bet I will be talking about nothing but NCL. We did enjoy our first one with them by far the best we have been on, and as you can see we have tried most cruise lines. Thank you NCL for standing behind what you do best, pleasing your customers.

I called back and asked for a supervisor. I had booked online and it doesn't let you pick canadian funds which the supervisor was surprised about. After she checked she came back and gave me the cruise at the original price in canadian funds and the same cabin! Also I can prepay my gratuities purchase the ultimate dining package anything in canadian funds. This made my day and I told her too. Also I work with the public and when we get on the topic of cruises you can bet I will be talking about nothing but NCL. We did enjoy our first one with them by far the best we have been on, and as you can see we have tried most cruise lines. Thank you NCL for standing behind what you do best, pleasing your customers.

Great to hear, glad it worked out for you.

Originally Posted by cherrypop

Cherrypop, did you call the NCL site or your TA? When I called yesterday my PCC said I could only buy excursions at par. I have already made my final payment as we will be sailing in May. Maybe I need to call back again.

Cherrypop, did you call the NCL site or your TA? When I called yesterday my PCC said I could only buy excursions at par. I have already made my final payment as we will be sailing in May. Maybe I need to call back again.

You are probably out of luck if you are past final payment.

Our cruise is in October so final payment hasn't been made. I specifically asked could I pay for my gratuities and Ultimate dining package online and be charged in Canadian funds and she said yes. I called directly to NCL as I had booked online through their site.

Edited by cherrypop

Thank you OP for starting this thread. I am new to NCL and this is a really great surprise. I was able to call back my NCL cruise person ( not sure what he's called) and verify that I'll be paying in Can$. Yeah!!!!

My TA seems frustrated with this concept? He is out of USA, and making this difficult. My cruise is not till next year. Thus TA has a very good obc, so I want go keep my booking with him but he is not making this easy to switch to Canadian! I'll keep everyone informed.

I also tried another very popular online only site and they said US dollars only.

My TA seems frustrated with this concept? He is out of USA, and making this difficult. My cruise is not till next year. Thus TA has a very good obc, so I want go keep my booking with him but he is not making this easy to switch to Canadian! I'll keep everyone informed.

I also tried another very popular online only site and they said US dollars only.

Yes, the US agent I used to use will only do US dollar bookings, so now that the exchange rate sucks I'm booking directly. I'm giving up the extra OBC but with the exchange rates and extra fees, booking in CDN is saving me more than the OBC I gave up.

Yep, he 100 percent is only US dollars. Right now with the obc, it is about the same as going through( at time of booking). If the dollar drops a lot more, may have to cancel and book through NC L or Canadian TA. If anyone has someone they recommend please pm me brendacruise at hotmail dot ca

It is ca and not com

Thanks

I booked directly with NCL online and we sail in October. I am going to call them right now and see what they say.

I never got satisfaction until I asked to talk to a supervisor, then it took a bit of time but well worth it. Also when you go into My Ncl you can prepay gratuities, buy ship board credit, anything you can purchase is in canadian dollars! It's all at par!

I'm looking at a last minute cruise with NCL and the website isn't telling me what currency I'd be charged in. Do I assume it's USD? With my other cruises the price was shown in CAD.

You can't get canadian funds booking online you need to call NCL direct.

I booked directly with NCL online and we sail in October. I am going to call them right now and see what they say.

Yeppers!! Took some time and the original woman did not understand what "at par" meant but she spoke with a supervisor and the change was made. They had to cancel our booking, but rebooked us in the same cabin and now in CAD funds. She even checked the prices before doing the switch to make sure fares hadn't increased and we would end up paying more.

I have called twice in the last month for simple things, and I have to say that the customer service has been exceptional. Very friendly and helpful.