Captain Albert/Statendam

oaktreerb

I thought he was rejoining sometime in April. In fact, I THOUGHT I had put it on my calendar- but don't find it now. It looks like they are rebuilding the site...

Edited to add, old link gives a 404. Try this:

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/

Still don't find his return date..... Oh Copper????!!!!

Edited by TiogaCruiser

I believe Captain Albert was returning to sea in March maybe April.

As an avid fan of his blog I hope it's soon.

In the meantime the Master of the MS Amsterdam, Captain Mercer has a great one going on the World Cruise.

Here's a link....http://captainjonathan.com/?WT.mc_id=SM_HAB_JM

His last blog entry from Sept. 30, 2013, has this and it made it seem to me like he wouldn't blog again. :/

That brings us to the end of my last blog about Captain Albert’s adventures on the high seas. As posted before I am scheduled to take an extended leave and will be off the ship until 16 March 2014.
Edited by sppunk

His last blog entry from Sept. 30, 2013, has this and it made it seem to me like he wouldn't blog again. :/

But on October 24, 2013 he wrote in part:

".....This redesign is still in process and will take another few days to complete. In the mean time we all, including me, have to patiently wait until this whole process has been completed. I am working with the head office to ensure that the Captain Albert blog will have everything that it had before. So I am asking for your patience and understanding until the blog site is fully “on the right course” again. I hope to start adding more material as soon as all the links inside the blog have been re-established. Best regards from windy England. Capt. Albert "

See link I posted just before Bruce.

I was wondering the same thing. In Sept he indicated that he would be back on March 16th for a hand off in San Diego. HAL is not listing his blog on their blog so I wonder if they decided to drop his commentary. That would be a shame. I really enjoyed reading his daily blog and I hope that it will be up and running in the near future.

I was wondering the same thing. In Sept he indicated that he would be back on March 16th for a hand off in San Diego. HAL is not listing his blog on their blog so I wonder if they decided to drop his commentary. That would be a shame. I really enjoyed reading his daily blog and I hope that it will be up and running in the near future.

It's there. They just buried. Click Topics in the upper right corner of the HAL Blog. A menu opens up and at the bottom on the left is the link to Captain Albert's Blog.