No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises

You read my mind. I was just going to start a thread. Lol.

It really is a bummer. It's hard enough to afford cruises as a solo, and balconies are only in reach of my budget w a discount. Boo. :(

I guess I should go check if the dollar amount stayed the same for the other cruise lengths.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Um, am I reading this correctly? the balcony discount on longer cruises appears to have gone UP. Yikes.

Now the question is will this be applied automatically, or if I call to get the larger discount, will I lose my OBC because i used an old open booking.

So confused.

Or, maybe the larger discount is only given to people who book on board.

I don't know.

Edit again, just tried a mock booking and my balcony discount didn't change. That's a HUGE difference between what you get booking on board vs. online. This sucks. For the vast majority of people it isn't even possible to pick a specific cruise to book, while on board another. My Serenade cruise wasn't even available on my last cruise. By the time I get on another Royal ship, that Serenade cruise will most likely be sold out, or have doubled in price.

Edited by Cruzin-K

Karen you are not alone. I just called AGAIN and asked and was now told that nothing has changed with regards to the balcony discounts. This time he said you still DO get a discount for 3 - 5 night cruises.

I am SO Confused!!!!!! I logged on and saw what you were looking at, I think they forgot to add the Next Cruise. That chart used to show the savings combining your Next cruise and your balcony discount.

Um, am I reading this correctly? the balcony discount on longer cruises appears to have gone UP. Yikes.

Now the question is will this be applied automatically, or if I call to get the larger discount, will I lose my OBC because i used an old open booking.

So confused.

I don't know

Just noticed that as well.

Discounts for Emerald have gone up by $125 for both 6-9 night cruises and the 10+ night cruises

This offsets some of the loss of OBC from the NCC.

balcony discount for emerald is now at $250 for a 7 night cruise.:)

So confused.

I don't know.

Edit again, just tried a mock booking and my balcony discount didn't change. That's a HUGE difference between what you get booking on board vs. online. This sucks. For the vast majority of people it isn't even possible to pick a specific cruise to book, while on board another. My Serenade cruise wasn't even available on my last cruise. By the time I get on another Royal ship, that Serenade cruise will most likely be sold out, or have doubled in price.

Just noticed that as well.

Discounts for Emerald have gone up by $125 for both 6-9 night cruises and the 10+ night cruises

This offsets some of the loss of OBC from the NCC.

balcony discount for emerald is now at $250 for a 7 night cruise.:)

I think you guys are reading the column that adds the balcony discount to the OBC. When I look at the balcony discount column (first column), the discounts have not changed for D+.

Ok here is my latest theory. Maybe the balcony discounts still ARE in effect for short cruises (for which I apologize for this thread but I was told by the rep that they are gone)

The chart everyone is looking at is where they show the Next Cruise benefits and since there is no longer any next cruise OBC for cruises less than 6 days there was no need for them to list it in that chart. That chart was just illustrating how much benefit you can get.

So everyone is looking at the chart and thinking since it does not list 3-5 cruises that they took away that benefit.

I think you guys are reading the column that adds the balcony discount to the OBC. When I look at the balcony discount column (first column), the discounts have not changed for D+.

Here's what it shows for Emerald members when I login to my account:

emerald_balcony.jpg

The previous 6+ month Balcony and Suite discounts for Emerald were:

$ 75 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225 for sailings of 10+ nights

Edited by UCF_Knight

First column went up a lot, the total column which includes OBC is even higher

I can't see anything but the D+ page, and it's showing the same baclony discount. Maybe Royal increased the discount for other C&A levels?

Bob, can't see the D+ (not until after our next NYE cruise), but the New number for Diamond look like this:

Sailing Balcony & Suite Discount NEW Total Savings Balcony & Suite Discount NEW Total Savings

6-9 Nights $250 $350 $225 $325

10-14 Nights $350 $500 $325 $475

15+ Nights $350 $550 $325 $525

Edited by orville99

It looks like they have loaded the D+ discounts into all of the levels (or at least the Emerald ) by mistake.

The D+ disc for balcony is $250 or $350 - are you saying that is the same for Emerald and Diamond?

Bob, can't see the D+ (not until after our next NYE cruise), but the New number for Diamond look like this:

Sailing Balcony & Suite Discount NEW Total Savings Balcony & Suite Discount NEW Total Savings

6-9 Nights $250 $350 $225 $325

10-14 Nights $350 $500 $325 $475

15+ Nights $350 $550 $325 $525

Yup-mine too.

Either this is a mistake or D+ and D's are getting the same discount.:eek:

I'll admit-it's nice to see mine go up but should not be. D+ Should have a bigger discount. Gotta be a mistake!!

That's what it looks like.

I just did a mock booking and it was the old discount, although it also let me book a 4 night cruise and receive the discount. Looks like they posted the info (correctly or incorrectly...we will have to wait and see) before they did the actual changes to the booking system.

Hoping that they did increase the discount for Emerald but not holding my breath on it.

Hoping that they did increase the discount for Emerald but not holding my breath on it.

Me neither. With the way things are going, they're much more likely to say Emeralds no longer get a discount than they are to say Emeralds get an increased discount.

Yup-mine too.

Either this is a mistake or D+ and D's are getting the same discount.:eek:

I'll admit-it's nice to see mine go up but should not be. D+ Should have a bigger discount. Gotta be a mistake!!

A mistake on Royal's website - perish the thought - they never make mistakes:rolleyes::eek::D